IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New what do chimps think about
Just because there communications skills are not as advanced as ours, does it mean they don't think about where they came from?

Seamus
New nope, spent a pleasant hour with npr while a english major
explained that chimps in fact do not.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New I wasn't expecting an answer
But, then what do chimps have to do with a question about human genetics? If it is genetic it happened after the evolutionary split.
Seamus
New what evolutionary split? :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New A better question might be, What does Ballmer think about?
[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/18/AR2007031801130_pf.html|Washington Post]:

Monday, March 19, 2007; A06

When Emory University primatologist Frans de Waal read a news story that said Microsoft's chief executive, Steve Ballmer, had hurled a chair across the room on hearing an employee was going to work for rival Google, the scientist immediately made a connection with his own research: "When I see such behavior, I think of a chimpanzee."

Another time, a researcher that de Waal knew told him that whenever she chatted with another scientist in the hallway, her boss would get upset. He would later drop by her office and tell her she ought to stay clear of that person.

"He was constantly interfering whenever she had a contact with an important person," de Waal said. "Chimpanzees also divide and rule. You have an alpha male, and he will try to keep his supporters away from his rivals. His supporters are in trouble if they groom one of his rivals."

[...]

Over the past two centuries, people have had to disabuse themselves about various ideologies asserting that humans are fundamentally different from other animals. Biologists have shown that our arms and legs and organs have long evolutionary histories. Beliefs about the uniqueness of human behavior might well be the last bastion of our superiority complex, but research by de Waal and many others suggests that even this redoubt may be crumbling.

"I have done studies of reconciliation and coalition strategies in chimpanzees," de Waal said. "Business managers tell me that reminds them so much of what people do."

[...]

I assume boxley's comment is about the same researcher, but I didn't hear it so I don't know for sure.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Jesus' tomb and Darwin's God - (Seamus) - (80)
         Missed it. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             I saw it - (bionerd) - (2)
                 One of the inscriptions is in dispute. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     I bet they all made dough, though. -NT - (jake123)
         Did you watch the "discussion" afterwards? - (folkert) - (54)
             Exodus Decoded was another one . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 With the big... - (folkert)
             I didn't watch any of it - (Seamus) - (51)
                 Missed that, too. - (Another Scott)
                 Talk to a psychologist. - (static) - (49)
                     But is it genetic? - (Seamus) - (48)
                         It was/is advantageous to some. - (pwhysall) - (39)
                             It it is genetic - (Seamus) - (38)
                                 think about it, do chimps sit around discussing imagination? - (boxley) - (5)
                                     what do chimps think about - (Seamus) - (4)
                                         nope, spent a pleasant hour with npr while a english major - (boxley) - (2)
                                             I wasn't expecting an answer - (Seamus) - (1)
                                                 what evolutionary split? :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                         A better question might be, What does Ballmer think about? - (Another Scott)
                                 We are God - (bionerd) - (29)
                                     We create our own God - (Seamus) - (28)
                                         No. We create are own reality. - (bionerd) - (19)
                                             My reality involves... - (ChrisR) - (6)
                                                 If you think it, it will come. -NT - (bionerd) - (3)
                                                     Think of me often then, please. -NT - (jake123) - (2)
                                                         <phantom type="opera">Think of me softly ...</phantom> -NT - (drewk)
                                                         Will do -NT - (bionerd)
                                                 God help us all... - (jb4)
                                                 Depends on the state of your Thetans. -NT - (imric)
                                             So I get to send my complaints to you? - (Seamus) - (7)
                                                 Well, let's think this through. - (bionerd) - (6)
                                                     Is this all there is? - (Seamus) - (5)
                                                         Isnt that enough? -NT - (bionerd) - (4)
                                                             What if it isn't? -NT - (Seamus) - (3)
                                                                 It works for me. -NT - (bionerd) - (2)
                                                                     Guess I will have to make it work for me! -NT - (Seamus) - (1)
                                                                         It's good to be queen. -NT - (bionerd)
                                             By Jove, I think.. I think.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                 But . . but . . but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                     Easy: contrarian Ferrari owners give good head ;^> -NT - (Ashton)
                                                 Yep. It's my new philosphy - (bionerd)
                                         Dupe. Ignore. Fast fingers. -NT - (bionerd)
                                         I've killed mine - as an example to the rest of you -NT - (tuberculosis) - (6)
                                             Maybe that's why you're so cranky - (bionerd) - (5)
                                                 If you meet the Buddha on the way, kill him. -NT - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                                     No way, man - (bionerd) - (3)
                                                         Sigh - its a koan - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                                             Tricky -NT - (bionerd)
                                                             OT: a most succinct, apt, saucy sig, se\ufffdor. Count me in.. -NT - (Ashton)
                                 Which genes do that, then? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     It is just one theory - (Seamus)
                         I don't know. - (static)
                         Not sure if this addresses it, but - (crazy)
                         I would think not. - (hnick) - (5)
                             Faust! - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 That's why I included his name - (hnick) - (1)
                                     Love. It. - (Ashton)
                             This seems to be about how religions spread - (Seamus) - (1)
                                 That's the qualification - (hnick)
         It wasn't the shocker they were predicting. - (static) - (5)
             If it were the real-deal - (bionerd) - (4)
                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (Steve Lowe)
                 Oh, Indeed! - (Ashton)
                 The DaVinci Code - (imqwerky) - (1)
                     Yabut - (bionerd)
         Show me the Zombie - (Silverlock) - (14)
             If Jesus gets up. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                 define ghost please -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                     Life after death. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                         define death then - (boxley) - (4)
                             Cessation of electrical activity in the brain... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 thats not death thats transformation - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Yes, it's death. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         Nit. - (mmoffitt)
                 Dude, I said "if". - (Silverlock) - (2)
                     Dude, I thought my comment was in line w/yours. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Probably similar. - (Silverlock)
                 I do - (bionerd) - (2)
                     Ignore - (pwhysall)
                     Why do you believe in ghosts? (new thread) - (pwhysall)

NullPointerException
156 ms