IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mine's 57 miles each way.
Funny thing is, now auto gas is higher than Avgas - I know, I know, just wait.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Gocha beat...63 miles each way
And Chicago has the highest gas prices in the nation, according to a AAA survey.

Merry Christmas, Big Oil fatasses! Please try to clean up your jizz before you leave....
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New I'd say both of you ought to consider relocation

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:01:32 AM EDT
New Heh.
We just built a house up at the a in 2000 to get out of Fort Wayne. I'm not complaining about the price of gas. We could sell the dream house my wife and I worked and saved for almost 20 years or I could keep it and jack ever increasing amounts of cash up the arses of families like the Bushes and the Cheneys. I am aware that those are my choices. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New In this housing market,
you don't just up and leave. But relocation was in the cards...however, now that the scratch needed to fix up the place to seel it is going out the tailpipe...
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Pshaw
98 miles each way.

I am telecommuting 2 or 3 days per week now. However, I drove every day of July and first half of August.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Wanna borrow my cycle?
Long pickup, but - ~53 mpg if kept under 75ish.
(Besides, you'll Love It and then we can deal..)

'81 KZ-550 DOHC-4 mint + trick floating-iron Grimeka f.brake = 2 fingers for squealie wheels.
Impossibly lo-miles, etc.
(One o'those corner office guys with a free hold in a Gulfstream?)

New I've been thinking along those lines
Looking into 40+ mpg cars and realizing that I could go 50+ on 2 wheels.

Problem is it is all very large NJ highways and not necessarily the safest place to be without doors and bumpers.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New I had fewer problems on TPK and GSP
than local roads and streets.

A ride that long would suck in the rain, almost any time in the winter, and any time traffic got snarled.

That being said, there's nothing like riding; it beats the hell out of driving. You'd love it!
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Just bought one
I just found an '81 Honda CX500 for $800. 18K miles on it, guy said he got about 55mpg with it. It's in the shop getting new front fork seals and a tune up right now.
--
Steve
New Synchronicity!
Stopped by local Post Office after a town run.. parked next to a well-worn

CX-500.

Admit I hadn't thought much about a small V-twin, despite Loving the torque of the Vincent 55\ufffd V-twin / 1000 cc. Think I never rode a CX, and have rarely seen them on road.. could be a sleeper though, as in - smooth, reliable, decent handling (but just no Macho Waay-Too-Big pizzazz for Murican tastes.)

I perused it a bit before leaving - nice handily located teeny starter; typ Honda neatness in layout -- and in winter: a pair of handwarmers (one-at-a-time) strategically located.

Lucky you,

Ashton

New Rode it some tonight
I had the same thought re: handwarmers, convenient! It's a decent runner, and fairly nimble. Nothing like my former CB750F, VFR750 Interceptor, or Suzuki Katana 600, but that's not it's purpose. I wanted something with enough power to not be dangerous, yet small enough to be light on fuel demands. Unfortunately, though, it's going to be a couple of weeks before I can ride full time, I stupidly opted against renewing the M/C classification on my driver's license, so need to go through that process again.
--
Steve
New Oh Yeah: Always renew!
You silly :-0

I've always held that ~250 - 350 cc was an optimum size for man- or woman-handling with maximum control; actually I mean ~280-330 #, whatever the displacement.
(A 350 cc Velocette was Nice - in 'coaster races' == engine off and just go down some nice 2-lane; see who has to use brakes First. A decent comparo of raw-manageability.)

And I traded-down, after getting "the first commercially produced 'Four Cylinder!'" - the CB-750. Beautifully smooth, just too much avoirdupois -- though of course, in a class way beyond the Harley Trucks of almost any jour; et 'em for lunch, including re mere comfort, along with the handling, decent brakes for the day.

Give us a report when you've had it down the twisties, y'hear?

New Not sure you'd wanna ride 2 wheels in a NJ winter...
I know for a fact I wouldn't in a Chicago/Milwaukee winter...!
jb4

New I did it one Cleveland winter
I was broke, living off campus up the hill in Cleveland Hts, and going to Case at the bottom of the hill. I'd show up for 8:00 class with a thermos of coffee, ice in my beard and moustache, and be shaking so hard I could barely pour the coffee. Ice patches on hills were also good for a little excitement too. The next winter I managed to get a cheapie car.
The good old days, eh?
New So had a co-worker
She'd long said that if gas got to $3/gallon, she'd get a motorcycle.

I asked her about it today and she said that she'd been noticing a lot more dangerous drivers lately, and her life wasn't worth risking.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     Ask the Pilot___nervous, lately? - (Ashton) - (127)
         I am not big on flying these days. - (bionerd) - (118)
             Me either! - (Nightowl) - (1)
                 There was going to be a comment here. - (pwhysall)
             Oh, for the love of... -NT - (mmoffitt) - (26)
                 You cant dispute that an unusually high number of - (bionerd) - (25)
                     Yes, I can. - (pwhysall) - (9)
                         Up 300% over last year -NT - (tuberculosis) - (6)
                             Need to see number of flights. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 Dunno without checking, but in the millions -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     Anecdotal is travel is up. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         My answer made as much sense as that chart - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                             I got it. -NT - (bionerd)
                             And the year before that? - (pwhysall)
                         That chart - (bionerd) - (1)
                             Noticed how "casualty" has morphed to mean "fatality"? - (Another Scott)
                     Yes, I can. And you don't get any slack ... - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                         Plane age does figure into it - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                             In theory, I agree. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 There *was* that air Hawaii flight where the roof peeled off - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                     Yeah, and then there was this. - (mmoffitt)
                         Um... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             IF... the condition of Omnipresence. Slowww Learners R'us -NT - (Ashton)
                             Heh. - (mmoffitt)
                         good lord - (bionerd) - (5)
                             Re: good lord - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                 s/propose/purport/ - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     Neuroses? - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         Note that it's a *foolish* consistency. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Well.. methinks that the Great Ones were! - (Ashton)
                         Another crash (new thread) - (bionerd)
             Utter nonsense. - (pwhysall) - (87)
                 Wot 'e said. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Aye. I often point out - (imric) - (77)
                     Re: Aye. I often point out - (Nightowl)
                     And you'd be wrong in that - (ben_tilly) - (75)
                         dunno about safety but comfort factor is 500 miles - (boxley) - (74)
                             Not if you fly yourself ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (73)
                                 Re: Not if you fly yourself ;0) - (Nightowl) - (72)
                                     False sense of security - (Steve Lowe) - (71)
                                         Well.. occasionally planes manage to run into each other too - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             One can do even more in a small aircraft. - (mmoffitt)
                                         What do I do? - (Nightowl) - (68)
                                             Love. It. - poor/smart person's Hummer. Laugh --> bank. -NT - (Ashton) - (38)
                                                 Nit: maybe not the bank with gas nearly $3/gal. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (37)
                                                     Re: Nit: maybe not the bank with gas nearly $3/gal. - (Nightowl)
                                                     I play a really small violin for thee - (pwhysall) - (35)
                                                         Pick some up when you pick up the London Bridge. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                                             Up to \ufffd1/litre in places. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                                 Hey. I wasn't whynghyng. Twas a Q about the changes. - (Another Scott)
                                                                 Just wait. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                     Atlanta has a 7 day supply left and pipelines are off - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                         It's all about the local vacations now. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                                                             Detroit, here you come.. -NT - (bionerd)
                                                                         Moved early. As of 10am it's $3.29 here. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                             I think Peter's got a point. - (static) - (3)
                                                                 0.88 USD / Liter here now - (admin) - (2)
                                                                     Yes, that's a problem. -NT - (static) - (1)
                                                                         RE: Your .sig: Hey, how'd you make the Reversed "d"? - (folkert)
                                                         But is your commute over 30 miles each way? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (22)
                                                             What's that got to do with the zen of cucumbers? -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                                 economic pain = price*quantity - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                     That'd be your choice, then. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                                         Yes, it would. As I said up front. - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                             Any remote chance: a ride-pool sorta thing, given 'hours' ? -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                 Nope. I have odd hours. And they move a lot. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                             Mine's 57 miles each way. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                                 Gocha beat...63 miles each way - (jb4) - (14)
                                                                     I'd say both of you ought to consider relocation -NT - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                                                         Heh. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                         In this housing market, - (jb4)
                                                                     Pshaw - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                         Wanna borrow my cycle? - (Ashton) - (9)
                                                                             I've been thinking along those lines - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                                 I had fewer problems on TPK and GSP - (imric)
                                                                                 Just bought one - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
                                                                                     Synchronicity! - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                         Rode it some tonight - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                                                                                             Oh Yeah: Always renew! - (Ashton)
                                                                                 Not sure you'd wanna ride 2 wheels in a NJ winter... - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                                     I did it one Cleveland winter - (hnick)
                                                                                 So had a co-worker - (ben_tilly)
                                             COAST - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                 That's GOOD! - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                     COAST in depth, by a UK trafpol from another forum: - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                         Saved for distribution. - (Ashton)
                                                 CRAP - (tuberculosis)
                                             Oh lovely, it runs in the family. - (CRConrad) - (23)
                                                 Yeah, I wondered about that. - (pwhysall)
                                                 especially the car he was driving - (boxley) - (20)
                                                     Re: especially the car he was driving - (Nightowl) - (19)
                                                         Feh. - (pwhysall) - (18)
                                                             I beg to differ - (Nightowl)
                                                             You didn't drive much when you were here, did you? - (drewk) - (16)
                                                                 So? - (pwhysall) - (14)
                                                                     You've never driven the Southfield Freeway, either. - (admin)
                                                                     So? - (Nightowl) - (12)
                                                                         I mean a different thing, it seems. - (pwhysall) - (11)
                                                                             Re: I mean a different thing, it seems. - (Nightowl) - (10)
                                                                                 Shiny things. Look in them occasionally. - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                                                                     That's what I'm telling you - (drewk) - (7)
                                                                                         Exactly - (Nightowl)
                                                                                         Some of the worst one *I* know about... - (folkert) - (5)
                                                                                             I'm thinking PA Tunrpike - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                                                 Buncha wimps - (broomberg) - (2)
                                                                                                     Might just be Darwin in action... - (jb4)
                                                                                                     There are multiple evolved strategies for this problem - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                             Hmmm - spent a couple summers at 119-14 Union Tpke - (Ashton)
                                                                                     Bikers in all-black on black cycles should be banned. - (static)
                                                                 That depends on area - (ben_tilly)
                                                 Actually, no - (Nightowl)
                 Maybe there IS something to be said for roundabouts... - (jb4) - (5)
                     Re: Maybe there IS something to be said for roundabouts... - (pwhysall) - (4)
                         trouble is all those dam cars going the wrong way -NT - (boxley)
                         OMFG! "Magic Roundabout" -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                             Designed to trap Americans, I think - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 "Look kids! Big Ben! Parliament! Look kids! Big Ben! Par..." -NT - (Meerkat)
                 Re: Utter nonsense. - (Nightowl) - (1)
                     Five whole accidents? - (pwhysall)
             I'm not afraid! - (imqwerky)
         Don't forget - (imqwerky) - (2)
             Similar, yet not - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Thanks for the update - (Nightowl)
         Love.It.__Predictable statistics rants, Guys - (Ashton) - (4)
             And in English? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 Yes, there is that, too.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     And the current direction /is/ down... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Reminds of a WW-II story - (Ashton)

If she weighs the same as a duck...
116 ms