IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This isn't it, but supports my recollection.
[link|http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1363122/posts|Bonnie Erbe]:

Michael Schiavo's lawyer, George Felos, told reporters there once was a trust fund containing almost $800,000 (won in a malpractice case) to support Terry Schiavo's abundant medical expenses. That has been whittled down to near extinction. Felos says Schiavo's costs during the past few years have been borne by a confusing and twisted agglomeration of Social Security disability benefits, Medicaid and a corporate hospice fund for indigent patients.

The story I read earlier said something like the hospice/nursing home was caring for her without cost to the family.

Cheers,
Scott.
New so that takes "its the husband wanting the money " out of it
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Not among the conspiracy theorists... :-(
New Watch for a book.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
God Bless America.
     The Schiavo train wreck continues - (Another Scott) - (146)
         time for a compassionate pillow -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             ...placed over the faces of her parents... -NT - (jb4)
         I hate to say it.... - (Simon_Jester) - (10)
             I thinkthe money ran out 2 years ago -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 The Terri Schiavo Foundation -- quotes... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                     facts he got 1 million, 700k for treatment 300k to him - (boxley)
             Follow-up... - (Simon_Jester) - (6)
                 You're selling yourself off cheap! :) - (a6l6e6x)
                 it been about the circus for a while - (boxley)
                 Wow. Decency is in short supply here... -NT - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                     :| Have you seen "O Brother, Where Art Thou"? - (jake123)
                     Whoops...sorry.... - (Simon_Jester)
                 Schindler's List II -- there's gold in them thar bills! -NT - (GBert)
         I think the whole thing is just sad - (Nightowl) - (11)
             Reason enough to have a living will. -NT - (jbrabeck) - (10)
                 They don't help as much as you think - (tuberculosis) - (9)
                     I've heard other such stories. - (jbrabeck) - (5)
                         No, the living will didn't enter into it at all - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                             That was a terrible experience - (bionerd) - (2)
                                 Yes it was -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                     This is timely (new thread) - (tuberculosis)
                             Man, that's tough... - (jb4)
                     Re: They don't help as much as you think - (pwhysall)
                     One possible way to get around that - (Nightowl) - (1)
                         One minor bit of info - (Simon_Jester)
         Yet more grandstanding. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             And more to come.... - (Simon_Jester)
         if she was a dog - (boxley)
         Letter to my Congressman. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Well said -NT - (Silverlock)
             This government is pro-torture on every front -NT - (tuberculosis)
             Two ears and a tail. -NT - (Ashton)
         Is there a better example anywhere ... - (mmoffitt) - (96)
             Points up the need for legal euthanasia - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                 Would training be necessary? The intent is to kill her, yes? - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     Not kill, let her go - she's already dead. - (tuberculosis)
                     Re: Would training be necessary? The intent is to kill her, - (Ashton) - (1)
                         It does have at least something to do with MD's... - (mmoffitt)
             She's effectively been dead since 2/25/1990. - (Another Scott) - (90)
                 What you said. -NT - (pwhysall)
                 I don't think its "so clear". - (mmoffitt) - (88)
                     Read the trial record on FindLaw and AbstractAppeal. - (Another Scott) - (87)
                         Facts are facts. - (mmoffitt) - (86)
                             Amazingly enough, I find myself on the same side as you - (Arkadiy)
                             She won't recover... - (pwhysall) - (84)
                                 Can you point me at an article that describes - (Arkadiy) - (71)
                                     Re: Can you point me at an article that describes - (pwhysall) - (69)
                                         Oh, that's different then. - (mmoffitt) - (68)
                                             Please read Abstract Appeal. - (Another Scott) - (67)
                                                 And my question still stands. - (mmoffitt) - (66)
                                                     Parents don't own their grown children. -NT - (Another Scott) - (61)
                                                         They don't "own" wee ones either ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (60)
                                                             No, but they are legally responsible unless they're over 18. - (Another Scott) - (59)
                                                                 Except that we depend upon hearsay for that. - (mmoffitt) - (58)
                                                                     There was Clear and Convincing proof according to the courts -NT - (Another Scott) - (57)
                                                                         I'm lazy. Link where she in her own hand .... - (mmoffitt) - (56)
                                                                             Oh, for goodness' sake. - (pwhysall) - (51)
                                                                                 Huh? - (mmoffitt) - (50)
                                                                                     On what ethical basis do you want the family to decide? - (pwhysall) - (40)
                                                                                         According to your own words, Terri has no feelings - (Arkadiy) - (39)
                                                                                             Distinguish between "feeling" and "feelings" - (pwhysall)
                                                                                             I disagree. - (Another Scott) - (37)
                                                                                                 "Stated her wishes" completely overblown. - (mmoffitt) - (36)
                                                                                                     Your objections ignore her wishes. - (Another Scott) - (33)
                                                                                                         I don't know what her wishes are. - (mmoffitt) - (32)
                                                                                                             One more time. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                                                                 You know what insanity is, right? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                                                                     Yeah. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                                                                         Wait for the movie rights. ;0) - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                                                             Ha! - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                                                 :-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                                             Exactly - (jake123) - (25)
                                                                                                                 Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. - (mmoffitt) - (24)
                                                                                                                     Concur - (jbrabeck) - (23)
                                                                                                                         well, there's the problem - (jake123) - (20)
                                                                                                                             I don't blame him for moving on. - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                                                                                                                                 What if he's Catholic? - (jake123)
                                                                                                                                 'Till death do you part... - (hnick) - (5)
                                                                                                                                     PVS != Dead. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                                                                                         No squash == dead - (hnick) - (3)
                                                                                                                                             Nobody but me does, unfortunately ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                 when everybody else is consistantly wrong, - (hnick) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                     hey none of that! -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                                                                 Decency? - (tuberculosis) - (11)
                                                                                                                                     agreed -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                                         Can we also agree ... (new thread) - (drewk)
                                                                                                                                     Right, like the $300,000 he took. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                                                                                                         well she was a puker, finally getting her wish - (boxley) - (7)
                                                                                                                                             Don't need to make stuff up. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                                                                                                                 The body isn't dead - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                                                                                                                                     A long time ago, ... - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                         There's a slight difference - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                             I don't think we disagree at all. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                                                                                         Another Christian view - (jbrabeck)
                                                                                                                                                 Year? Because she died in 1990. (new thread) - (tuberculosis)
                                                                                                                         Trouble is, there's no legal way to do that. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                                             It'd be interesting to see if that option were available ... - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                                     Oh, you mean like Newt Gingrich? thats the "decent" thing? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                         Apple/Orange. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                     well who is going to pay for that? - (boxley) - (8)
                                                                                         Her nursing home care is free. Can't find where I read that. -NT - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                                             cant find a hard link but medicaid is only for the broke - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                                 This isn't it, but supports my recollection. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                                                     so that takes "its the husband wanting the money " out of it -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                                         Not among the conspiracy theorists... :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                         Watch for a book. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                         I always knew you were a closet-Bushie. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                             too bad hes not consistant :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                                                             It wasn't written, but her views were clear. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                                 Thanks, but I don't need to dig. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                     Then no decision would ever be made for Terri. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                         Pretty loose with that word "family". - (mmoffitt)
                                                     You really need to move to Texas... - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                                         Insane? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                             Look at the law in Texas... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                 Ah. Misunderstood. Agree. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     And here is a second opinion that disagrees with the first - (Arkadiy)
                                 Oxymoron alert. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                     You forget. :-( Anyway... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Okay, but that's a hot-button phrase for me. - (mmoffitt)
                                     Stop right there. - (pwhysall)
                                     No. - (imric) - (2)
                                         *nod* -NT - (pwhysall)
                                         "Do not go gentle into that good night." YMMV. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     It is more dignified than - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                         Well, imo, ... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                             Over-generalised nonsense, but hey. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                 Ever worked in a nursing home? -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     about dying maybe, about choice of surroundings, yes - (boxley)
         Final whack at the horse in the PVS - (tuberculosis) - (2)
             froma quote in there, and the fact that 4 were arrested - (boxley)
             Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Parliamentary maneuvering continues. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             House debate just ended. - (Another Scott)
         Want to know who's behind it? (new thread) - (drewk)
         Judge Whittemore apparently not being stampeded. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             the US courts having this hot pig dropped into their laps - (boxley) - (5)
                 Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     dang, I didnt know the veg was less than a mile from - (boxley)
                     Yeah, badmouthing the judge is really going to work well - (jake123) - (1)
                         American Ayatollah (ya so) has a eu-phoni-ous lilt to it (?) -NT - (Ashton)
                 Doubt it. USSC has previously refused to hear the case. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Legal Experts Say Parents Are Unlikely To Prevail - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Request for Temporary Restraining Order Denied. - (Another Scott)
         11th Circuit denies appeal in 2:1 vote. - (Another Scott)
         Re: The Schiavo train wreck continues - (SpiceWare)

Come inside!
122 ms