IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: 2001 US stats from NHTSA.gov
Irrespective of the causes, them's some shocking numbers.

SLOW DOWN.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New There ya go
I wait for the bus on a stretch of road that is long and straight. The speed limit is 40. At least once a morning, I see some complete idiot pass on the RIGHT (that's your LEFT) going like a bat out of hell. I've taken to positioning myself behind both a telephone pole and a street light standard, to avoid becoming a 10th-pin spare.

Americans are BAD drivers. The auto is a surrogate sex organ here.

-drl

Light is heavy:
R{} = (2R/W)T - (1/2W){D-2,D-2}W

Heavy is light:
(D-3)(RF[] + 5/4 g) = 0
New Re: slow down
Not always.

There's a stretch of highway south of town (Milwaukee, Wis) that used to be posted 65 mph. A few years ago, they dropped the speed limit to 55 mph. A few days ago, they raised it back to 65 mph to reduce accidents. The number of traffic accidents on that stretch of highway INCREASED when the limit was reduced from 65 to 55.

Not trying to cause a dispute; just pointing out an interesting factoid that goes contrary to what you would think.

Brian Bronson
     Joe Biden's in trouble. - (marlowe) - (110)
         Re: Joe Biden's in trouble. - (rcareaga) - (104)
             Now why on earth would that hit a nerve with you? - (marlowe) - (17)
                 wrong again, marlowe - (rcareaga) - (16)
                     Wasted reasoning, I fear - - (Ashton)
                     No, I was speaking of anything that impairs judgement... - (marlowe) - (14)
                         That second link kills Galeon. -NT - (pwhysall)
                         Motes, beams - (rcareaga)
                         and there is the still-unassailable argument - (rcareaga)
                         In that case, Marlowe...PUT THAT BEER DOWN!!! NOW!!! - (jb4) - (9)
                             Too late. :) -NT - (inthane-chan)
                             And the cigarette! - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                 And stop going to Church. -NT - (Silverlock)
                             Nice try. I don't drink. - (marlowe) - (5)
                                 theres your solution, whats yer problem again? -NT - (boxley)
                                 Somehow - that doesn't surprise me. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     No doubt - he's the Churchlady - (deSitter)
                                 You don't drink. You also... - (rcareaga)
                                 Well. you should. -NT - (pwhysall)
                         Fix your HTML please. - (a6l6e6x)
             My RKJ. - (mmoffitt) - (85)
                 Gee, we have a certified physiologist in our ranks! - (jb4) - (16)
                     Since every study on that backs me up... - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                         Re: Since every study on that backs me up... - (deSitter) - (14)
                             Are you disputing where THC binds in the brain? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                 Re: Are you disputing where THC binds in the brain? - (deSitter) - (2)
                                     Better idea. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Makes more sense than banning a plant. -NT - (Silverlock)
                                 What I will dispute is the generalities: - (jb4) - (9)
                                     Methinks your reading with bias. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                         Decriminalize != legalize - (jb4) - (7)
                                             Perhaps. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                 (sigh) but mmoffit... - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                                     Thanks. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                         Re: Thanks. - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                             Mom was in the car w/the 3 friends. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                 Re: Mom was in the car w/the 3 friends. - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                                     BG driver no better, but it wasn't, was it? - (mmoffitt)
                 I could introduce you to drunks - (boxley) - (1)
                     Re: I could introduce you to drunks - (deSitter)
                 Re: My RKJ. - (rcareaga) - (15)
                     Well.. typically though - the inexperienced with [whatever] - (Ashton) - (10)
                         It's not slogans, it's experience. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                             A good reason for you to try it - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                 I hate this topic. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                     Hey there - (deSitter)
                                     You haven't lost any friends. - (Silverlock)
                                     Nope. You're wrong. - (Another Scott)
                                     Thanks everybody :-) - (mmoffitt)
                                     no worries, lets give Jake a job to do (too old for google) - (boxley)
                             While I agree with much of what you are saying... - (screamer) - (1)
                                 Wot 'ee said. - (inthane-chan)
                     On one point, I wasn't clear. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         Well, aren't we a spunky young feller! - (rcareaga) - (2)
                             That's my motto. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Re: That's my motto. - (rcareaga)
                 Right impulse, wrong instantiation. - (admin) - (49)
                     What he said -NT - (Silverlock)
                     People want to be able to measure things. - (Another Scott) - (47)
                         You know what I've always found interesting re: auto safety? - (mmoffitt) - (41)
                             What you've always found interesting - (rcareaga) - (36)
                                 It's like flying. - (mmoffitt) - (35)
                                     Re: It's like flying. - (rcareaga) - (34)
                                         But ... but ... but ... - (drewk)
                                         Nice try. - (mmoffitt) - (32)
                                             Re: Nice try. - (rcareaga) - (31)
                                                 Very nicely said! - (jb4)
                                                 Perhaps my attempt at levity did betray something more... - (mmoffitt) - (29)
                                                     Sounds to me like... - (admin) - (1)
                                                         That might help. - (mmoffitt)
                                                     That's an argument for education, not banning - (drewk) - (2)
                                                         QED. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                             Wow, talk about missing the point - (drewk)
                                                     the breadth of your sample - (rcareaga) - (23)
                                                         In the absence of any counter-example, what should I do? - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                                                             Re: In the absence of any counter-example, what should I do? - (rcareaga) - (21)
                                                                 Closer, but that's not really my position. - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                                                                     "Anything not prohibited is required." - (drewk) - (5)
                                                                         That, and... - (admin)
                                                                         I see. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                             Mike - (jake123) - (1)
                                                                                 I would not be surprised at their number. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                             Try responding to what I actually said - (drewk)
                                                                     OK, work with me here - (rcareaga) - (13)
                                                                         Nomination for Post of the Day! Congrats! - (Another Scott)
                                                                         A request for enlightenment. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                                                             Responsible means: not harming others. - (admin)
                                                                             Marijuana use - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                                                                 They aren't advocates... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                     Good Christ! We agree. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                         Sort of, yes we do. - (bepatient)
                                                                             What if the answer is "none"? What then? - (drewk)
                                                                             Re: A request for enlightenment. - (rcareaga)
                                                                             NORML on "responsible use" (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                                                                             Re: A request for enlightenment. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                 Cohort-LRPD: Escape from the prison planet! -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                             Responsible Users - (tuberculosis)
                             2001 US stats from NHTSA.gov - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 Re: 2001 US stats from NHTSA.gov - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                     There ya go - (deSitter)
                                     Re: slow down - (bbronson)
                         Er... we already do it that way. - (admin) - (4)
                             True. Good points. - (Another Scott)
                             Re: Er... we already do it that way. - (deSitter) - (2)
                                 No, that's all backwards - (drewk) - (1)
                                     Damn - you're right - (deSitter)
         too much recreational drug usage? - (boxley)
         If absence of drugs creates marlowes amongst the - (Ashton)
         One question - (tjsinclair) - (1)
             Whether or not they "mean it" is secondary - (bbronson)
         So why is Biden in trouble for proposing such a law... - (Simon_Jester)

Politics.
279 ms