IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New wrong again, marlowe
--as a matter of fact, although I have numerous fond memories from my undergraduate years, it was always a take-it-or-leave-it proposition with me, and these latter decades it has been largely leave-it. Of the scores of people I know who do make regular use of it, I can think of just one whose moral and intellectual development the stuff may have impeded over the past 35 years (a 51 year-old ought not display the paintings of H.R. Giger in his home), and oddly enough his takes on domestic politics and foreign intervention seem to map in most particulars onto yours. Go figure. But I repeat, where does your right to dictate anyone's choice of recreational intoxicant enter into it?

Edit: I see, reviewing, that I thought you were speaking of cannabis rather than ecstasy, which is not much used in my circle and of which I have thus far neglected to acquire firsthand experience--although I also deny your right to dictate, et cetera.
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
Expand Edited by rcareaga April 21, 2003, 01:49:42 AM EDT
New Wasted reasoning, I fear -
The Authoritarian-besotted are never in doubt about how You should live, and whenever the status quo proves uncomfortable for one of these folk - why, it becomes malleable: Moral Arbiters for All\ufffd are exempt from current regulations for maintaining Order. (Someone has to do the lab work for preparing new regulations!)

Oddly, this rationale does not ever trip their BS-detector - I think they just never replace the batteries.

Ashton
New No, I was speaking of anything that impairs judgement...
and/or motor skills, in exchange for a high. This makes the user a danger to the rest of us.

And anything that impairs judgement or motor skills as a side effect - while meeting some legitimate medical need - must be used responsibly. But if the only point is to get high - artificial stupidity - then responsible use is a foregone conclusion almost from the beginning.

And I don't limit to chemicals. Any [link|http://denbeste.nu/cd_log_entries/2003/03/Initiationceremonies.shtml|addictive ideology] that gives short-term emotional reinforcement in exchange for [link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/reality.png|what amounts to insanity] is also bad.

Now bad wall art is harmless. Nobody ever swerved onto the sidewalk and ran over a little girl because he was stoned on Giger. This may be a subtle distinction, but it is an important one.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Victory was the answer - to a great many problems.
When the facts speak for themselves, only a fool insists on having a debate.
The future is leaving the station, the US is at the throttle, and the Left isn't on board.
http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html
New That second link kills Galeon.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Motes, beams
Any addictive ideology that gives short-term emotional reinforcement in exchange for what amounts to insanity is also bad.
New and there is the still-unassailable argument
...that if you wish to ban the use of "anything that impairs judgement [sic] and/or motor skills, in exchange for a high" (including ideologies: how...interesting) you must perforce begin by resurrecting the Volstead Act or something very like it, given that the percentage of little girls on sidewalks squashed by wheeled drunks each year so lavishly exceeds the stoners' market share of this vital sector.

May we look to you, marlowe, to lobby for a re-imposition of Prohibition anytime soon--and will dangerous mind-altering ideologies be included in the ban?

cordially,
New In that case, Marlowe...PUT THAT BEER DOWN!!! NOW!!!
Or risk being proven the hypocrite that many of us already suspect you are.
jb4
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Rich Cook
New Too late. :)
New And the cigarette!
Any addictive ideology that gives short-term emotional reinforcement
[link|mailto:jbrabeck@attbi.com|Joe]
New And stop going to Church.
The world is only a simple place to the simple.
New Nice try. I don't drink.
Assume makes an ass of you.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Victory was the answer - to a great many problems.
When the facts speak for themselves, only a fool insists on having a debate.
The future is leaving the station, the US is at the throttle, and the Left isn't on board.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfire...arlowe/index.html]
New theres your solution, whats yer problem again?
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Carpe Dieu
New Somehow - that doesn't surprise me.
New No doubt - he's the Churchlady
Isn't that special?

Denies experience for himself - then forces it on everyone else.

Typical fascist.
-drl

Light is heavy:
R{} = (2R/W)T - (1/2W){D-2,D-2}W

Heavy is light:
(D-3)(RF[] + 5/4 g) = 0
New You don't drink. You also...
conveniently ignore the question of whether in a marlowe-dominated society we might look forward to the reimposition of an expanded Volstead Act--so much easier to enforce with modern surveillance and data-farming techniques--for the greater glory and, ah, safety of the reic--realm.

cordially,
New Well. you should.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Fix your HTML please.
You want img src= not a href= for you insanity link,
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
     Joe Biden's in trouble. - (marlowe) - (110)
         Re: Joe Biden's in trouble. - (rcareaga) - (104)
             Now why on earth would that hit a nerve with you? - (marlowe) - (17)
                 wrong again, marlowe - (rcareaga) - (16)
                     Wasted reasoning, I fear - - (Ashton)
                     No, I was speaking of anything that impairs judgement... - (marlowe) - (14)
                         That second link kills Galeon. -NT - (pwhysall)
                         Motes, beams - (rcareaga)
                         and there is the still-unassailable argument - (rcareaga)
                         In that case, Marlowe...PUT THAT BEER DOWN!!! NOW!!! - (jb4) - (9)
                             Too late. :) -NT - (inthane-chan)
                             And the cigarette! - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                 And stop going to Church. -NT - (Silverlock)
                             Nice try. I don't drink. - (marlowe) - (5)
                                 theres your solution, whats yer problem again? -NT - (boxley)
                                 Somehow - that doesn't surprise me. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     No doubt - he's the Churchlady - (deSitter)
                                 You don't drink. You also... - (rcareaga)
                                 Well. you should. -NT - (pwhysall)
                         Fix your HTML please. - (a6l6e6x)
             My RKJ. - (mmoffitt) - (85)
                 Gee, we have a certified physiologist in our ranks! - (jb4) - (16)
                     Since every study on that backs me up... - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                         Re: Since every study on that backs me up... - (deSitter) - (14)
                             Are you disputing where THC binds in the brain? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                 Re: Are you disputing where THC binds in the brain? - (deSitter) - (2)
                                     Better idea. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Makes more sense than banning a plant. -NT - (Silverlock)
                                 What I will dispute is the generalities: - (jb4) - (9)
                                     Methinks your reading with bias. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                         Decriminalize != legalize - (jb4) - (7)
                                             Perhaps. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                 (sigh) but mmoffit... - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                                     Thanks. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                         Re: Thanks. - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                             Mom was in the car w/the 3 friends. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                 Re: Mom was in the car w/the 3 friends. - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                                     BG driver no better, but it wasn't, was it? - (mmoffitt)
                 I could introduce you to drunks - (boxley) - (1)
                     Re: I could introduce you to drunks - (deSitter)
                 Re: My RKJ. - (rcareaga) - (15)
                     Well.. typically though - the inexperienced with [whatever] - (Ashton) - (10)
                         It's not slogans, it's experience. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                             A good reason for you to try it - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                 I hate this topic. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                     Hey there - (deSitter)
                                     You haven't lost any friends. - (Silverlock)
                                     Nope. You're wrong. - (Another Scott)
                                     Thanks everybody :-) - (mmoffitt)
                                     no worries, lets give Jake a job to do (too old for google) - (boxley)
                             While I agree with much of what you are saying... - (screamer) - (1)
                                 Wot 'ee said. - (inthane-chan)
                     On one point, I wasn't clear. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         Well, aren't we a spunky young feller! - (rcareaga) - (2)
                             That's my motto. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Re: That's my motto. - (rcareaga)
                 Right impulse, wrong instantiation. - (admin) - (49)
                     What he said -NT - (Silverlock)
                     People want to be able to measure things. - (Another Scott) - (47)
                         You know what I've always found interesting re: auto safety? - (mmoffitt) - (41)
                             What you've always found interesting - (rcareaga) - (36)
                                 It's like flying. - (mmoffitt) - (35)
                                     Re: It's like flying. - (rcareaga) - (34)
                                         But ... but ... but ... - (drewk)
                                         Nice try. - (mmoffitt) - (32)
                                             Re: Nice try. - (rcareaga) - (31)
                                                 Very nicely said! - (jb4)
                                                 Perhaps my attempt at levity did betray something more... - (mmoffitt) - (29)
                                                     Sounds to me like... - (admin) - (1)
                                                         That might help. - (mmoffitt)
                                                     That's an argument for education, not banning - (drewk) - (2)
                                                         QED. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                             Wow, talk about missing the point - (drewk)
                                                     the breadth of your sample - (rcareaga) - (23)
                                                         In the absence of any counter-example, what should I do? - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                                                             Re: In the absence of any counter-example, what should I do? - (rcareaga) - (21)
                                                                 Closer, but that's not really my position. - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                                                                     "Anything not prohibited is required." - (drewk) - (5)
                                                                         That, and... - (admin)
                                                                         I see. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                             Mike - (jake123) - (1)
                                                                                 I would not be surprised at their number. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                             Try responding to what I actually said - (drewk)
                                                                     OK, work with me here - (rcareaga) - (13)
                                                                         Nomination for Post of the Day! Congrats! - (Another Scott)
                                                                         A request for enlightenment. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                                                             Responsible means: not harming others. - (admin)
                                                                             Marijuana use - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                                                                 They aren't advocates... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                     Good Christ! We agree. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                         Sort of, yes we do. - (bepatient)
                                                                             What if the answer is "none"? What then? - (drewk)
                                                                             Re: A request for enlightenment. - (rcareaga)
                                                                             NORML on "responsible use" (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                                                                             Re: A request for enlightenment. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                 Cohort-LRPD: Escape from the prison planet! -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                             Responsible Users - (tuberculosis)
                             2001 US stats from NHTSA.gov - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 Re: 2001 US stats from NHTSA.gov - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                     There ya go - (deSitter)
                                     Re: slow down - (bbronson)
                         Er... we already do it that way. - (admin) - (4)
                             True. Good points. - (Another Scott)
                             Re: Er... we already do it that way. - (deSitter) - (2)
                                 No, that's all backwards - (drewk) - (1)
                                     Damn - you're right - (deSitter)
         too much recreational drug usage? - (boxley)
         If absence of drugs creates marlowes amongst the - (Ashton)
         One question - (tjsinclair) - (1)
             Whether or not they "mean it" is secondary - (bbronson)
         So why is Biden in trouble for proposing such a law... - (Simon_Jester)

You keep using that word, but I do not think that it means what you think it does.
320 ms