1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Have we moved on? If not........
In your wildest dreams.....
wanna tell us what the fuck a supplies clerk was doing
shooting non-combatants?
"My purchase of a Hummer was inspired by our 1991 Gulf War victory. After this war, I'm buying an aircraft carrier."
(The Onion)
New Here's a question
What was a supply clerk doing in a hot zone?
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New I want to say.....
....her team took a wrong turn. But heck that's only what our
utterly unreliable press have reported.

Failing that....let's say she was ordered to be there to do
supply clerking stuff (is that illegal?).

Good question though.
"My purchase of a Hummer was inspired by our 1991 Gulf War victory. After this war, I'm buying an aircraft carrier."
(The Onion)
New Legal -Illegal
Failing that....let's say she was ordered to be there to do supply clerking stuff (is that illegal?).

Yes, that is a legal order, one that she was/is complied to obey.
[link|mailto:jbrabeck@attbi.com|Joe]
New I think we're on the same page
(The Onion)
New Wondered that myself.
I don't know what her duties are.

Since she was attached to a maintenance unit, perhaps it was something along the lines of recording supplies used/needed for maintenance.

They were in a hot zone because they took a wrong turn on their way to fix something. Helluva wrong turn. :-P
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Someone has to resupply the front lines...
Or do you mean "Why has the military failed to advance a pace where they could secure the supply lines"?
New That's pretty much directly where that question takes you
The only conclusion that I can come up with is that the planning didn't include any contingency planning: as in, "what happens if there is no rebellion against Hussein by the population at large?"

Considering the noises coming out of the career military folks, I suspect that question got asked, but was dismissed by the People In Charge.

The right way to use a military is to say "here's the goal; figure out how to do it. Keep me briefed." I don't think that's how it happened.

This is the kind of thing that happens when decisions are driven by ideology rather than actual pragmatism.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Start at the beginning of the thread...
It was said that she had a choice of being there. She didn't. Had to follow legal orders. Example was provided to show the difference between a legal order, attack Iraq and an illegal order, shoot non-combatants.
New All I was saying was....
...I think the issue of illegal vs. legal orders is
not especially germaine to the situation which PFC Lynch
found herself in.
(The Onion)
     At last some really good news - Jessica Lynch rescued - (dmarker) - (57)
         Re: At last some really good news - Jessica Lynch rescued - (rcareaga) - (56)
             (uneasy grimace) -NT - (deSitter)
             ROFL! 10 points + brevity award with an oak cluster -NT - (boxley)
             Held in what sense? (remember wimin & childrun read this) - (dmarker) - (53)
                 Story not as good as 1st appeared - she was in serious cond - (dmarker) - (52)
                     How heinous can those Iraqis be? - (mmoffitt) - (51)
                         yep love those modern hospital beds with shackles and - (boxley) - (50)
                             Nope. Just found it ironic that a wounded POW would be there -NT - (mmoffitt) - (49)
                                 Strange indeed - (Arkadiy) - (48)
                                     Okay, this is entirely out of hand. - (mmoffitt) - (47)
                                         What's more....... - (Mike) - (18)
                                             Please, spare me the pap. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                                                 You stole my title!!!!!!! - (Mike) - (16)
                                                     Now I need to support MMoffit.. - (jbrabeck) - (15)
                                                         Disagree - (Mike) - (14)
                                                             "You're damn right I did!" -NT - (jake123) - (5)
                                                                 Lost you on that one Jake. What ya referring to? -NT - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                                                     Jack Nicholson -NT - (jake123)
                                                                 Quit worrying..... - (Mike) - (2)
                                                                     Right. - (jake123) - (1)
                                                                         Oh you bitch! <sniff> - (Mike)
                                                             Huh? - (jbrabeck) - (7)
                                                                 If I understand you right - (Mike) - (6)
                                                                     Perhaps we shouldn't have funded and trained bin Laden. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                     False analogy - (jake123) - (4)
                                                                         "Or even New York City and the Gambino family." - (Brandioch)
                                                                         What analogy? - (Mike) - (2)
                                                                             Re: What analogy? - (jake123) - (1)
                                                                                 Thoughts - (Mike)
                                         Whoa... - (jbrabeck) - (27)
                                             Well said. But I differ even with you. - (mmoffitt) - (26)
                                                 FYI - (Mike) - (10)
                                                     Thanks Mike. - (jbrabeck)
                                                     Ever heard of Mandela? King? Gandhi? - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                         LOL - (Mike) - (7)
                                                             Pap again. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                                 Nice dodge. Addressing 5% of the post :-) -NT - (Mike) - (5)
                                                                     That's what happens. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                         And funnily enough........ - (Mike) - (3)
                                                                             Are you really that thick? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                 The last word is yours (and thankyou :-) ) - (Mike) - (1)
                                                                                     Just one more thing, sorry ;-) - (mmoffitt)
                                                 They volunteered, remember - (jbrabeck)
                                                 Hmmm... - (folkert) - (13)
                                                     Not quite - (jbrabeck) - (12)
                                                         Yep - (Silverlock)
                                                         Have we moved on? If not........ - (Mike) - (9)
                                                             Here's a question - (jake123) - (6)
                                                                 I want to say..... - (Mike) - (2)
                                                                     Legal -Illegal - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                                                         I think we're on the same page -NT - (Mike)
                                                                 Wondered that myself. - (admin)
                                                                 Someone has to resupply the front lines... - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                                                     That's pretty much directly where that question takes you - (jake123)
                                                             Start at the beginning of the thread... - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                                                 All I was saying was.... - (Mike)
                                                         Oops... Will edit to be Correct... - (folkert)

Home of the sash-swinging flasher!
322 ms