IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What really bothers me about this: it is racist.

What makes

[image|http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/2003/04/01/international/01lynch.jpg|0|||]

more important than

[image|http://www.moffitt-tech.com/foo/child1.jpg|0|||] [image|http://www.moffitt-tech.com/foo/child2.jpg|0|||]

Could it be that she's blonde, blue-eyed, young, pretty and those kids are just "mud people"?

bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New Hey Ross, I'm still waiting for an answer.
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New dont listen to right wing talk radio much do ya
all the rage, the terrified look on the face of the black female cook that rattles the heart of all of the folks. red or yellow black or white iraqi dogs will feel the might /etc.
now why the lily white mainstream press dont care, I dunno the fringes are up in arms over that lady. Maybe it is the distaste of mainstream media to give coverage to the fact that blacks are being exploited by non americans. Certainly explains their (non)coverage of the catastrophe in rhodesia.
thanx.
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Since corporations are the equivelent of human but they have no "concience" they are by definition sociopaths
New I try to avoid it.
It makes me nauseous to think that there is an audience out there for it.
bcnu,
Mikem

New naw, its the size of the audience that makes you jitter
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Since corporations are the equivelent of human but they have no "concience" they are by definition sociopaths
New Re: Hey Ross, I'm still waiting for an answer.
Answer for what? A 19 year old schoolgirl has been rescued. That makes me happy. She had no business in a combat zone.

I believe that everyone is connected by a collective unconscious, that receives and stores the good and bad in all our experience. I believe it is racial - or at least societal - suicide to pour the horrors of war into the feminine side of our collective experience. The attempts to remove the natural separation of male and female experience will ultimately lead to, at best, an elimination of the creative tension between masculine and feminine - a world of test-tube babies and starship troopers. I think it is wrong.
-drl
New Re: had no business in a combat zone.
Indeed. None of them do. Including the men.

Being of southern origin myself (NC) I should have guessed that a good ol' boy like you would see this rescue as chivalrous.

I guess what I'm bothered by is hearing the incessant stream of how her rescue is "the greatest thing in the world" at the same time I keep seeing in my mind those two dead little Iraqi girls whom, apparently, no one in the US gives two rat shits about. That's my question. How is it "GREAT" that one girl was rescued (and one that voluteered to assist in the killing of thousands at that) and at the same time "well, this is war, kids get killed, it's part of the deal, it is OKAY. And besides, it's not our fault. Yeah, it was our missles fired at a time that we were not at war. But hey, it was Saddam's fault"?

Those kids were far more innocent than a soldier ever will be and we will never know their names.

Sorry, but I still don't get it. It's great we rescued her and okay that we killed those kids?
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Trouble is..
You are speaking from an ethic of adults. You are aware, I think - that there are few adults among the species, today (?) And as Murican Disneyland homogenization rapidly infects the pre-adolescents everywhere (and is welcomed by the adolescents in charge of planning a$$e$$ment$ for future Growth) - well, what did you expect?

I don't think we've at all grasped the significance that - *WE* / the mostly- non-voting Murican Peepul - have allowed to remain in Toyal Control! of our destiny (Even *after* seeing revealed the theocracy and boobocracy which is the Goal of his Agenda):

This not merely asocial but sociopathic ignoramus and his peers/handlers.

IMO the world is far too (sanely!) Afraid of what the US Nuclear Arsenal + a psychopathic cabal Might Do in any next -- to focus upon the humanity which you espouse.

We'd have to graduate into young-adulthood at least, to really alter the simple, ugly truth about our culture: We Love War. (Especially the no-contest kind. Soon to be shown in HDTV, for the Nintendo-Eloi.)

But hang in there... The time for adults is often just after the greatest natural or usually, man-made disasters. It takes Real Attention though, to keep any adult in power. Most adults don't really Want 'Power'. Lust for Power comes from the insecure and neurotic - who yearn for Authority; not trustng their own infantile conscience. Terrible enigma, that.

Ashton

Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate.
B. Russell
New Great quote yourself.
I've almost reached the point of, "Well, what is the use? It happened to the Ottoman Empire, the Persian Empire, the Austrian Empire and the Roman Empire. It is our turn."
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
     I strongly support his right to espouse stupid ass ideas - (boxley) - (52)
         Calling it "stupid ass ideas" is being generous. - (a6l6e6x) - (44)
             Wishing death upon anyone is despicable, however, .... - (mmoffitt) - (43)
                 "Muricans in general" - (cwbrenn) - (42)
                     For the pedantic of us. - (mmoffitt) - (41)
                         60% support the war in exactly the same way??? - (cwbrenn) - (40)
                             if it means anything british support for the war is 84% - (boxley)
                             Nice rant. - (inthane-chan)
                             "A few of them out there"? - (mmoffitt) - (33)
                                 Majority? And you know this how? - (cwbrenn) - (7)
                                     Re: And you know this how? - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                         Beg your pardon :) - (cwbrenn) - (5)
                                             With apologies ... - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                 LOL - (cwbrenn) - (3)
                                                     Sheesh - (admin) - (2)
                                                         Sorry :) - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                                                             Ha! :-D -NT - (admin)
                                 I don't agree - (deSitter) - (24)
                                     Look closer, grasshopper. - (mmoffitt) - (23)
                                         Aye - (deSitter) - (10)
                                             And how many did she needlessly kill to get there? -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                             What really bothers me about this: it is racist. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                 Hey Ross, I'm still waiting for an answer. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                     dont listen to right wing talk radio much do ya - (boxley) - (2)
                                                         I try to avoid it. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                             naw, its the size of the audience that makes you jitter -NT - (boxley)
                                                     Re: Hey Ross, I'm still waiting for an answer. - (deSitter) - (3)
                                                         Re: had no business in a combat zone. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                             Trouble is.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                 Great quote yourself. - (mmoffitt)
                                         problem with an all vol army is hessianism - (boxley) - (11)
                                             Here's a free clue: don't bet your savings on that. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                 heres a free clue - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     "...support them as you would garbagemen." - (Brandioch)
                                             That's great box. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                 so auswitz camp guards and allied airmen are the same? - (boxley) - (6)
                                                     Heh. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                         I know but the columnist is a bonafide demoleft -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                             Democrat != Left. Sorry to disappoint. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                 self described card carrying liberal member carter admin -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                     Again, Carter != Left. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                         nononononono communists all :-) -NT - (boxley)
                             A note on your last comment - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 The basic assumption bothers me - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                                     Idiocy is relative - (ben_tilly)
                             on your last comment about iwetheyers and idiots - (boxley)
         I wondered how long it would take... - (rcareaga) - (6)
             Billion, not trillion. -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 But, who's counting? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 Quite right - (rcareaga)
             "fatuous"? I don't think so. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Re: "fatuous"? I don't think so. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Agreed - it's the equivalent of one backpack with Molotov - (Ashton)

It ran CP/M, I believe.
158 ms