IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Majority? And you know this how?
You know it because it makes you feel better, perhaps? Or you have some kind of emprical evidence to show it?

Sure, you might disagree with the "support our troops, protest the war" argument -- but someone who believes that thinks about the war in a way that is NOT THE SAME as someone who believes "support our troops, and thank Gawd we're doin' it!" If you TREAT the positions as identical, you do NOTHING to advance your argument.

But don't let that interfere with your fury...

---
"The fact that so many Muricans (okay, >= 60% of Muricans) can adopt this position is perhaps the greatest condemnation of a Peeple that can be conceived."
---

Really? That's interesting. The GREATEST condemnation? There's no position they can hold that would be MORE condemning? Well then, we must immediately convince 60% of the "Murican Peeple" that we need to wholeheartedly support the random execution of Iraqi citizens -- on television -- by firing squad. I mean, at least then they won't be committing the moral atrocity of having inconsistent
and contradictory opinions on the war...

"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Re: And you know this how?
Observation and experience that comes with age. As soon as you graduate from high school and go out in the real world; perhaps even, God forbid, leave this country to experience what utter bullshit you've been spoon-fed since you were a child about other nations and cultures, you will gain a perspective you lack now.

As far as "strongest condemnation" goes I stand by it. No, I cannot think of a single "position they can hold that would be MORE condemning" than their adoption of Nazi reasoning. Embracing Nazi rationale may not be such a big deal to you, it is to me and happily to most inhabitants of this planet. Which is why thousands upon thousands of people the world over have taken to their streets to protest our actions in the ME, they don't like Nazi-think any better than I do.

bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New Beg your pardon :)
I'm 31. I've been out of high school for quite some time. The "I'm older than you so I know better" is a nice rhetorical trick, though, because the only way the argument can go from there is:

"Uh-uh."

"Uh-huh."

"Uh-uh."

"Uh-huh..."

Oh, but wait, I can already guess your next post:

"Well gee, Chris, given the immaturity and naivette of your post, I just ASSUMED you were still in your mid-teens..."

;)
- Edward Young
New With apologies ...
to Mark Twain ;-)

"When I was a young man of 31, I was amazed at what an idiot Mikem was. But when I turned 43, I was amazed at how much he'd learned in just 12 years."

:-)
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New LOL
Well played. :)
- Edward Young
New Sheesh
Take this crap to Flame Off, willya?

You're giving the Politics forum a bad name... ;-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Sorry :)
Er... I'll try to take these things more personally in the future. :)

- Edward Young
New Ha! :-D
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     I strongly support his right to espouse stupid ass ideas - (boxley) - (52)
         Calling it "stupid ass ideas" is being generous. - (a6l6e6x) - (44)
             Wishing death upon anyone is despicable, however, .... - (mmoffitt) - (43)
                 "Muricans in general" - (cwbrenn) - (42)
                     For the pedantic of us. - (mmoffitt) - (41)
                         60% support the war in exactly the same way??? - (cwbrenn) - (40)
                             if it means anything british support for the war is 84% - (boxley)
                             Nice rant. - (inthane-chan)
                             "A few of them out there"? - (mmoffitt) - (33)
                                 Majority? And you know this how? - (cwbrenn) - (7)
                                     Re: And you know this how? - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                         Beg your pardon :) - (cwbrenn) - (5)
                                             With apologies ... - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                 LOL - (cwbrenn) - (3)
                                                     Sheesh - (admin) - (2)
                                                         Sorry :) - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                                                             Ha! :-D -NT - (admin)
                                 I don't agree - (deSitter) - (24)
                                     Look closer, grasshopper. - (mmoffitt) - (23)
                                         Aye - (deSitter) - (10)
                                             And how many did she needlessly kill to get there? -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                             What really bothers me about this: it is racist. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                 Hey Ross, I'm still waiting for an answer. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                     dont listen to right wing talk radio much do ya - (boxley) - (2)
                                                         I try to avoid it. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                             naw, its the size of the audience that makes you jitter -NT - (boxley)
                                                     Re: Hey Ross, I'm still waiting for an answer. - (deSitter) - (3)
                                                         Re: had no business in a combat zone. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                             Trouble is.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                 Great quote yourself. - (mmoffitt)
                                         problem with an all vol army is hessianism - (boxley) - (11)
                                             Here's a free clue: don't bet your savings on that. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                 heres a free clue - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     "...support them as you would garbagemen." - (Brandioch)
                                             That's great box. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                 so auswitz camp guards and allied airmen are the same? - (boxley) - (6)
                                                     Heh. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                         I know but the columnist is a bonafide demoleft -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                             Democrat != Left. Sorry to disappoint. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                 self described card carrying liberal member carter admin -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                     Again, Carter != Left. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                         nononononono communists all :-) -NT - (boxley)
                             A note on your last comment - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 The basic assumption bothers me - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                                     Idiocy is relative - (ben_tilly)
                             on your last comment about iwetheyers and idiots - (boxley)
         I wondered how long it would take... - (rcareaga) - (6)
             Billion, not trillion. -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 But, who's counting? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 Quite right - (rcareaga)
             "fatuous"? I don't think so. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Re: "fatuous"? I don't think so. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Agreed - it's the equivalent of one backpack with Molotov - (Ashton)

My other car got stolen by Ashton.
501 ms