IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Is This How You Deal With Tech Support? :)
Well, you translated it into another form of Ashton! Can you separate the tech support issue from the editorial? No offense, but I'm interested in the problem as perceived by the user.
-drl
New Re: Is This How You Deal With Tech Support? :)
No, just my reply to quips. I know about catching more bears with honey, when dealing with Corp droids (who may know better but must follow exact scripts - I never judge them stupid until an answer reveals such; have to deal with them in any case.) Please see my reply to Greg re recap.

Thus far it appears there's a BIOS upgrade to be done and, the M$-site instructions failed to list correct? expected directory for the I386 compressed files as, C:\\Windows\\Options\\I386. This may be the final glitch - and the remedy just may work next. WHY? the need for remedy with Dell - may or may not emerge.

Actually, from the first - the machine was plagued with instabilities - various kernel32 and other errors (she wrote down) and then.. the oft-reported Win-ME extreme slowdowns. There were errors made re other things she ordered. I omitted what seemed irrelevant to present situation, now using a new HD (and exchanged mobo). Among ongoing complaints: frequent crashes of an indispensable billing program; insufficient info to see a pattern in crash messages (where there were any, before lockup).

When I arrived on the scene, it was issuing a self-diagnostic on the HD, "I'm about to die" - somewhere I noted exact wording. That was enough for Dell to send a new one. Various other reports induced the Dell tech to send a new (refurb) motherboard too. Events with the W2K install attempts followed the sequence I described. My listing may be bare enough for you to grok, in the version after Greg's suggestion.

Thanks,

Ashton
     More aDellterous happenings - moved to Doze (or Crime Forum) - (Ashton) - (23)
         Maybe there's a way around it... - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Mobo is a one-off.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Oh well. One final suggestion (that you may have tried).... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Thanks again. - (Ashton)
         Re: More aDellterous happenings - moved to Doze - (deSitter) - (3)
             Captain Irascible wades in with - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Is This How You Deal With Tech Support? :) - (deSitter) - (1)
                     Re: Is This How You Deal With Tech Support? :) - (Ashton)
         This may or may not be relevant - (andread)
         How's about.... - (folkert) - (5)
             Re: How's about.... - (Ashton) - (4)
                 Well, Well, Well... - (folkert) - (3)
                     Rilly Volatile memory.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                         I dunnah remember... - (folkert) - (1)
                             Nope. - (Ashton)
         Waiting on pins and needles... - (Another Scott) - (7)
             [cackle] ... pining for the Fjords here. - (Ashton)
             The Dell fails final test, ignominiously. - (Ashton) - (5)
                 Thanks for the update. Luck! -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Well? Didja get this fixxored -NT - (folkert)
                 Re: The Dell fails final test, ignominiously. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     Sorry.. missed these recent comments. - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Good luck with the plan! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Like one meaning some, and zero meaning nothing.
153 ms