...they always happen when you agree with me ;-)

Full agreement re: curriculum. It needs to be changed. There are also several well funded groups researching the application of technology to the teaching process...in order to bring the methods current for our Nintendo-ized children.

Re: vouchers. I honestly wish they weren't necessary. There needs to be some type of qualification system in order to keep the effect of vouchers "progressive" re: income levels. After all...the point is to improve the low end...and the suburbs around here arent't the problem (in general)

In Philly, though, there are alot of available slots in parochials...many are struggling to stay open...so vouchers here (strongly opposed) would assist in keeping class sizes down in publics while keeping parochials open...yes funding would transfer over...to which >other fixes< would need to be applied...one is the sheer amount of waste involved in the administration process.

The current "privitization" happening in Philly at the behest of the state is not the answer (surprise Ashton...I >don't< like it nor do I support it).