Hey Mike! (in The Village) Even though we're just whistling past the cemetery here.. and I heard more sounds from Dubya today. No next mumbled threat.. is ever an improvement :(

Anyway, I think you've listed the more identifiable sub-strains pretty well, as far as that mode will take us. I propose a few more, just for comic relief from today's {fucked} experience of garbled Language -

8) Those fond of simplistic slogans - as expressed definitively:
For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it is always wrong. H. L. Mencken, Mencken's Metalaw (contrib. by Silverlock)

9) The misanthropes of various strains, though this might be a shared category with Authoritarians: take the work out of "managing human commodities" - put em on a spreadsheet and refactor.

Social Darwinism pretty much overlays all these groups (the topologists might diagram it in colors?): I've Got Mine; Fuck You (All), Jack. But then - that pretty much goes along with John Dewey pragmatism + Medieval interpretations of something imagined to be pure capitalism. Expect people to behave like assholes; treat them accordingly -in advance- and sure enough.. instant Karma.

(Removing outliers from both groups, so-called Repubs and so-called Demos) I believe that the 'Democrats' still at least purport.. attempt to actually address the human qualities of life - a major distinction IMhO. Repubs may or may not provide an angle about the er "collateral damage" to That - as these mainly pursue.. the spreadsheet, numerical version of all life.

Whatever colorful allusions we might endlessly create: methinks we're fucked. And I believe I know ~ why.. (there are n- 'hows').

We're 'fucked' because our means for communication, then debate and finally part-consensus + part sour grapes, as interim solution: cannot function any longer. The meanness, venal ignorance of the age? the 24/7 barrage of violent Tee Vee, games, radio plots, comics! novels, repartee, bizness tactics - these all; plus the unremitting LYING.. These are the symptoms of something not neatly categorized. Maybe unprecedented?

[Is it really any wonder that there could not appear.. some cohesive 'program' for the Demos, of late?] given

I think that the cause/result are now hopelessly blended into: the murder of language - in the exact Confucian sense of that.

The people ARE now "standing about in helpless confusion" and "justice HAS gone astray". All are now trading trite homilies, spewing maudlin religiosity along with the epithets - because Marketing has Succeeded now fully! - in debasing the meanings of all important words.

And if this is even just ~ correct: no one knows how to extricate such a mass of incommunicado, dangerous (nuclear-armed) homo-saps from a march towards chaos, next.

(Hell, the Xians are strung-out already! .. [brown heroin would be a mild high, compared] wistfully dusting off prayer books and prepping for Tribulations, Rapturin-Out, gettin good seats to watch the unSaved get barbecued.. Hee Hee!) No Interest there.. whatsoever! in helping to recreate a liveable planet via certain shared efforts and concerns, breaking bad habits of wasteful shit like 12 MPG trucks? cooperating with {ugh} Others (!) yada yada. Nope: kill the heretics, economically or militarily - we ain't got time for subtlety. Now mirrored by the Other Spreads of religious Corps.
(Surprise. Stimulus/Response - whazzat??)

No one has a clue - how to get out of this much of a mess. Maybe only some rilly Big SHOCK could do it; but it had better be extra-terrestrial then.. We'd rather nuke than compromise, and the US is as full of Itself as a h\ufffdmophilic tick on a 3-day bloated elephant.

Next 'election' ? [Hah..] even IF.. then, So What? What WORDS shall we hear next?

Ashton
who, fortunately - doesn't take Anything 'homo-sap', seriously enough to lose sleep over :-\ufffd