IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How to open in new windows, block target-generated windows
The reason I used targets was because *I* find it 'annoying as hell' to have to a) right click then select 'open new window'...
Middle click (or chorded left & right buttons on my laptop). Opens new tab/window in Galeon, with appropriate preferences setting.

OTOH, I just ran across [link|http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html|this preferences setting option]:
// Override popping up new windows on target=anything.
// This is now accessible in the prefs dialog, under Advanced|Scripts&Windows.
user_pref("browser.block.target_new_window", true);

I'll give that a shot and see how it works.

(One browser restart later) OK, that works, confirmed it with your links, imric.

So here's the deal: the browser determines behavior. The user can override presentation. And with this setting, no more new windows from target tags.

...and sorry for rubbing you wrong, but now you don't matter ;-)

Oh, and nice links, BTW.
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
[link|http://kmself.home.netcom.com/|[link|http://kmself.home.netcom.com/|http://kmself.home.netcom.com/]]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
[link|http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/|TWikIWETHEY] -- an experiment in collective intelligence. Stupidity. Whatever.

Keep software free.     Oppose the CBDTPA.     Kill S.2048 dead.
[link|http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html|[link|http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html|http://www.eff.org/...a_alert.html]]
Expand Edited by kmself Oct. 9, 2002, 03:31:10 AM EDT
New *smile* OK, then, no problems anymore? Ben, anyone?
Heh - I'm glad I don't matter... :)

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New I can't use Karsten's solution
At least not with my current email address because they have pop-ups in several places (launch a pop-up, then navigate the local frame - gets past the Mozilla logic). With Karsten's suggestion I would not be able to read my email. :-(

But if I am the only person affected, I can live with a little minor irritation. (Hey, I still have to work with Microsoft products...)

Cheers,
Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
New Hmmm.
But you were the one to originally request me not to!

I'll think of something.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
     Sorry for the troubles - (orion) - (97)
         It's not about your whining... err... troubles - (folkert) - (3)
             Well I am confused - (orion) - (2)
                 Did you get your Uncle"s hair???? - (bepatient)
                 Please distinguish... - (folkert)
         Softly softly. - (static) - (5)
             Good advice - (Silverlock) - (4)
                 That's not quite what I meant, but that's okay. :-) -NT - (static) - (2)
                     I know what you meant - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         Troublemaker.. - (Ashton)
                 Muahahaha, great one! :-) - (CRConrad)
         I personally cannot believe it - (tseliot) - (2)
             IT with kids in the house - (jake123) - (1)
                 Now imagine.. - (Ashton)
         You are set up Norm! - (Snitcherooni) - (83)
             Take it elsewhere... - (ChrisR) - (65)
                 Re: Take it elsewhere... - (deSitter) - (64)
                     seconded -NT - (boxley)
                     Doesn't change my response - (bepatient)
                     Doesn't seem like NK's writing to me. - (Another Scott) - (61)
                         Not me, but it disturbs me greatly - (orion)
                         Not me, but it disturbs me greatly - (orion)
                         No, the actual telltale sign.. - (deSitter) - (58)
                             Interesting - (orion) - (57)
                                 Re: Interesting - (deSitter) - (48)
                                     What can I do then? - (orion) - (47)
                                         get a scrip for androgel - (boxley) - (2)
                                             May not be the problem - (orion) - (1)
                                                 Not quite right. - (Another Scott)
                                         Re: What can I do then? - (deSitter) - (43)
                                             Re: What can I do then? - (deSitter) - (42)
                                                 That would've been my suggestion. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                 Apologizing - (orion) - (40)
                                                     No - (deSitter) - (38)
                                                         Apology again - (orion) - (37)
                                                             no prob norm -NT - (boxley)
                                                             Of Course! - (deSitter) - (30)
                                                                 There is a fine line - (orion) - (29)
                                                                     Heh - I'm still looking for the pencil to draw it with... -NT - (imric)
                                                                     Bullshit - (deSitter) - (27)
                                                                         I dunno... - (imric) - (25)
                                                                             Very nice - (Ashton)
                                                                             Stupid request - (ben_tilly) - (23)
                                                                                 Sure... - (imric) - (5)
                                                                                     Re: Sure... - (deSitter) - (4)
                                                                                         Nice to be appreciated - thanks! -NT - (imric) - (3)
                                                                                             Re: Nice to be appreciated - thanks! - (deSitter)
                                                                                             Re: Nice to be appreciated - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                                                                 *blush* -NT - (imric)
                                                                                 Targets & tags -- annoying as hell - (kmself) - (16)
                                                                                     *shrug* Tell you what. Let's vote on it. - (imric) - (15)
                                                                                         What he's talking about - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                                             So - you don't mind targets? 'K.. - (imric) - (1)
                                                                                                 Sure, I see why - (drewk)
                                                                                             What he said - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                         FWIW, I've always disliked targeted links. - (admin) - (2)
                                                                                             Bribes... - (imric) - (1)
                                                                                                 Bah. - (admin)
                                                                                         If I see a link in Imric's post I know a new window will pop - (boxley)
                                                                                         Re: *shrug* Tell you what. Let's vote on it. - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                                                             your target did not link :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                         Can see both sides. - (Another Scott)
                                                                                         How to open in new windows, block target-generated windows - (kmself) - (3)
                                                                                             *smile* OK, then, no problems anymore? Ben, anyone? - (imric) - (2)
                                                                                                 I can't use Karsten's solution - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                                                     Hmmm. - (imric)
                                                                         absolutely true Im quite off brand myself - (boxley)
                                                             *smile* - (imric)
                                                             Sure thing, man. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                             Much better - (ben_tilly)
                                                             De nada. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                             Yes, and Thanks. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                                                     A tip - (ben_tilly)
                                 What's really interesting... - (admin) - (7)
                                     That address responds to ping - (SpiceWare) - (5)
                                         Re: That address responds to ping - (deSitter) - (4)
                                             Some personal accountability would be nice. - (admin) - (2)
                                                 Any chance of a 3rd person in STL - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     ... - (admin)
                                             ? - (SpiceWare)
                                     Interesting enough - (orion)
             Fsck off bucko! -NT - (bepatient)
             Right. - (pwhysall) - (15)
                 What do I know - (orion) - (14)
                     time to adjust again, working again has changed - (boxley)
                     Forgive me if I don't see a problem... - (bepatient) - (11)
                         Apparently not Klez - (orion) - (10)
                             Klez spoofs sender - (kmself)
                             I presume . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                 Re: I presume . . - (deSitter) - (3)
                                     What fun? - (orion)
                                     Actually you likely didn't miss it - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         Re: Actually you likely didn't miss it - (deSitter)
                                 Re: I presume . . - (orion) - (3)
                                     Stop using windows - (jake123) - (1)
                                         I know - (orion)
                                     We use Command antivirus . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Fair weather friends? - (a6l6e6x)

My God... that pizza combo is full of stars...!
212 ms