I've only been using the tabbed browsing feature of Mozilla a day or so. I usually had about 6 Mozilla windows open when I was browsing, so having a new Target window open was neat and appreciated by me. It does make navigation a bit easier when most of your interaction is in a particular window. Now when I would normally hit Ctrl-N I instead hit Ctrl-T and minimize the clutter on the Taskbar. I'm growing quite fond of it and don't see the need for the target window myself.

[...] you don't mind backing up (possibly many times) to return to the forum. WHEN I am in IE (It happens, you know), non-targeted links on this forum are REALLY 'annoying as hell' to ME - no tabs even available.

(Emphasis added.)

I've been to some sites that put a bunch of cruft on the browser window stack so that hitting Back doesn't go anywhere (apparently by design to try to keep me at their site). As a result, I've become quite adept at hitting the Go menu and selecting the place I want to go back to. :-)

It sounds as though leaving out the target window would cause fewer problems here, but I do appreciate the thought and effort you made.

Cheers,
Scott.