IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's not about your whining... err... troubles
It's mainly about doing them without details...

Norm, we can only help *WITH* deatails of the problems... we need facts to help you *FIX* the problems...

So, take a deep breath... and relax... step back... look at the picture you have been painting...

You cannot lose the war, with us behind you. You may lose some battles but... just take our advice... for what it is... real. factual. obscure. usually correct... cause even we make mistakes... (yes, we do, believe it or not)... But remember it *IS* advice... which of course *CAN* be ignored by you... if you choose to... and No, I don;t care if you use M$ crapware... but at least do the right thing and do get things done... that's what your employer wants... just maybe have these people show you want they want and ask questions... and listen... I know the hardest thing for me to do is to *NOT* comment just listen... then comeback later... after things simmer...

You'd be suprised, about the listen and come back later routine... it makes people feel you AT LEAST thought about it... Which, if you are like me... My mind was made up 3 seconds after they said it... but they don't gotta know that...

One last thing... it ain't your job to *SAVE* they company in the first month or your out... but it *IS* your job to learn how it works and *NOT* to take it out... which it sounds as if it could do that itself...

Food... eat... digest... burp... then reply...

greg - Grand-Master Artist in IT,
curley95@attbi.com -- [link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

Your friendly Homeland Security Officer reminds:
Hold Thumbprint to Screen for 5 seconds, we'll take the imprint, or
Just continue to type on your keyboard, and we'll just sample your DNA.
New Well I am confused
when I write an email at work, I get told that I wrote a "Book" and must be related to Stephen King (yeah he's my Brother, my Uncle is Don King, but not those famous guys, ah forget it. An ancester of mine signed some important paper a long time back and helped start this whole mess. Some guy named Rufus King, who I was almost named after.) Well anyway I am told to keep it short, anything over a page will not be read and will be deleted. Frell! I've written SQL Queries longer than that! So "VERBOSE OFF" in Infocom speak, and only use the smallest amount of detail. I forgot to use "VERBOSE ON" when posting on ZIwe. ;)

Ok, Norman's brain 3.0.1.23 diagnostics running. HumanOS 1968 by "God and son", Mutant version variety "Computer Geek".

Compute PI to 35 digits:

3.141592653589793238462443384678t3he5ynge (Close, but floating point error detected. Only 25 numbers after the decimal are correct.)

System memory check.......... fatal error, short term memory static tables are invalid, switching to backup in long term memory. Warning long term memory static tables are invalid, running Memfix...... only 82% memory was recovred information lost was:

Modern Linux installs. Recovery to Linux 1.X now set. Please reload Linux program by buying "Using Linux" book and reinstall for a few hours.

College level English Grammar and Spelling, now reset back to 8th grade level.

CPU upgrade failed, last known IQ = 234, current IQ = 128. Please attend a local college to fix this.

High Level Physics memory damaged, resetting to High School Physics. testing.... "For each and every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction..." Newton's Laws updated. Please reinstall Particle Physics, Astronomy, Quantum Mechanics, visit your local Library or College for an install, should take a few hours or days. Formula for time travel that you invented in High School is now lost, please recalculate using "Dr. Who" Sci Fi files, Stephen Hawking's book "A brief history of time" and drink lots of soda and stay up for four weeks in a row until the formula comes back to you.

Warning! You have not backed up this Human brain for over 20 years, you have not run Fskchk in 20 years. There appears to be invalid or missing files. Either repair or reformat. Reformatting may result in coming back as a different person or lifeform. Elvis was reformatted as your son, which is now your replacement as "God and son" stopped making your brand of human brain in 1983. Please insert shotgun into mouth and pull trig^C
Aborted, are you sure? YES
Reformatting aborted, but your Human Brain may not be functioning properly. Mutation level 4 now in progress to try and repair. Repair failed. Now Human Mutant Level 3.196A, class "Computer Geek". Suffered a loss in social skills and relationships with other Human Beings. Results, your friends now hate you, and you are stressed out from it.

[link|http://games.speakeasy.net/data/files/khan.jpg|"Khan!!!" -Kirk]
Expand Edited by orion Sept. 22, 2002, 10:30:25 PM EDT
New Did you get your Uncle"s hair????
Just kidding :-)
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Please distinguish...
Norm, please distinguish your actions being hated vs. you being hated...

Norm, we like you... we like you alot... mtter of fact you are the only person my wife asks about regularly... Believe me *WE* that does include Pete... like you... it just is hard for even us to show angst towards your actions or writings and not have them look like angst towards you...

Please consider my proposal... Soon...

BTW, how the HELL did... you get v3.196A... let alone the attempted v4.0 install... I only have 2.00-RC_1 and diagnostic v 0xA.221-test, shoot your are lucky your fsck even ran... my binary is corrupted... and when the hell did they come-up with backups??? Shoot... betchya my PROMs are toast... that memfix thing... HAHAHA... good one... I've never even heard of such a program to recover static tables... Social Skills, that pointer points to .... <INODE NOT FOUND>... well who needs em, as it appears I don't have any... ;)

Talk to ya later... I hope F2F soon...

greg - Grand-Master Artist in IT,
curley95@attbi.com -- [link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

Your friendly Homeland Security Officer reminds:
Hold Thumbprint to Screen for 5 seconds, we'll take the imprint, or
Just continue to type on your keyboard, and we'll just sample your DNA.
     Sorry for the troubles - (orion) - (97)
         It's not about your whining... err... troubles - (folkert) - (3)
             Well I am confused - (orion) - (2)
                 Did you get your Uncle"s hair???? - (bepatient)
                 Please distinguish... - (folkert)
         Softly softly. - (static) - (5)
             Good advice - (Silverlock) - (4)
                 That's not quite what I meant, but that's okay. :-) -NT - (static) - (2)
                     I know what you meant - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         Troublemaker.. - (Ashton)
                 Muahahaha, great one! :-) - (CRConrad)
         I personally cannot believe it - (tseliot) - (2)
             IT with kids in the house - (jake123) - (1)
                 Now imagine.. - (Ashton)
         You are set up Norm! - (Snitcherooni) - (83)
             Take it elsewhere... - (ChrisR) - (65)
                 Re: Take it elsewhere... - (deSitter) - (64)
                     seconded -NT - (boxley)
                     Doesn't change my response - (bepatient)
                     Doesn't seem like NK's writing to me. - (Another Scott) - (61)
                         Not me, but it disturbs me greatly - (orion)
                         Not me, but it disturbs me greatly - (orion)
                         No, the actual telltale sign.. - (deSitter) - (58)
                             Interesting - (orion) - (57)
                                 Re: Interesting - (deSitter) - (48)
                                     What can I do then? - (orion) - (47)
                                         get a scrip for androgel - (boxley) - (2)
                                             May not be the problem - (orion) - (1)
                                                 Not quite right. - (Another Scott)
                                         Re: What can I do then? - (deSitter) - (43)
                                             Re: What can I do then? - (deSitter) - (42)
                                                 That would've been my suggestion. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                 Apologizing - (orion) - (40)
                                                     No - (deSitter) - (38)
                                                         Apology again - (orion) - (37)
                                                             no prob norm -NT - (boxley)
                                                             Of Course! - (deSitter) - (30)
                                                                 There is a fine line - (orion) - (29)
                                                                     Heh - I'm still looking for the pencil to draw it with... -NT - (imric)
                                                                     Bullshit - (deSitter) - (27)
                                                                         I dunno... - (imric) - (25)
                                                                             Very nice - (Ashton)
                                                                             Stupid request - (ben_tilly) - (23)
                                                                                 Sure... - (imric) - (5)
                                                                                     Re: Sure... - (deSitter) - (4)
                                                                                         Nice to be appreciated - thanks! -NT - (imric) - (3)
                                                                                             Re: Nice to be appreciated - thanks! - (deSitter)
                                                                                             Re: Nice to be appreciated - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                                                                 *blush* -NT - (imric)
                                                                                 Targets & tags -- annoying as hell - (kmself) - (16)
                                                                                     *shrug* Tell you what. Let's vote on it. - (imric) - (15)
                                                                                         What he's talking about - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                                             So - you don't mind targets? 'K.. - (imric) - (1)
                                                                                                 Sure, I see why - (drewk)
                                                                                             What he said - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                         FWIW, I've always disliked targeted links. - (admin) - (2)
                                                                                             Bribes... - (imric) - (1)
                                                                                                 Bah. - (admin)
                                                                                         If I see a link in Imric's post I know a new window will pop - (boxley)
                                                                                         Re: *shrug* Tell you what. Let's vote on it. - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                                                             your target did not link :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                         Can see both sides. - (Another Scott)
                                                                                         How to open in new windows, block target-generated windows - (kmself) - (3)
                                                                                             *smile* OK, then, no problems anymore? Ben, anyone? - (imric) - (2)
                                                                                                 I can't use Karsten's solution - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                                                     Hmmm. - (imric)
                                                                         absolutely true Im quite off brand myself - (boxley)
                                                             *smile* - (imric)
                                                             Sure thing, man. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                             Much better - (ben_tilly)
                                                             De nada. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                             Yes, and Thanks. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                                                     A tip - (ben_tilly)
                                 What's really interesting... - (admin) - (7)
                                     That address responds to ping - (SpiceWare) - (5)
                                         Re: That address responds to ping - (deSitter) - (4)
                                             Some personal accountability would be nice. - (admin) - (2)
                                                 Any chance of a 3rd person in STL - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     ... - (admin)
                                             ? - (SpiceWare)
                                     Interesting enough - (orion)
             Fsck off bucko! -NT - (bepatient)
             Right. - (pwhysall) - (15)
                 What do I know - (orion) - (14)
                     time to adjust again, working again has changed - (boxley)
                     Forgive me if I don't see a problem... - (bepatient) - (11)
                         Apparently not Klez - (orion) - (10)
                             Klez spoofs sender - (kmself)
                             I presume . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                 Re: I presume . . - (deSitter) - (3)
                                     What fun? - (orion)
                                     Actually you likely didn't miss it - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         Re: Actually you likely didn't miss it - (deSitter)
                                 Re: I presume . . - (orion) - (3)
                                     Stop using windows - (jake123) - (1)
                                         I know - (orion)
                                     We use Command antivirus . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Fair weather friends? - (a6l6e6x)

You finding Ling-ling's head?
135 ms