Never seen this vastness you speak of. Could cite some who ceased being neurotic twits, via an occasional toke - but I don't know anyone currently, who has regularly used m. over many years - whose peformance I might imagine to measure. Personally I found it to be not attractive, so I can't even 'test' myself. :-\ufffd

Acid I have had some slight experience with, and I wouldn't dream of affixing a good/bad label to it; I know of some extremes of results - and it appears no one has bothered to find out since: how to predict umm 'cui bono' ? A few had their lives altered quite for the best - in their opinion. I take their word on that. I found out a couple things too - mainly about the fearfulness of the mass.

Part of the problem of assessment of both has been / remains - the unwillingness to do any sufficient and trustworthy studies; Puritanism Doesn't Want to Know: It Judges. All current 'official' judgments are purely Religious, with only a smattering of small more nearly 'objective' ones. I trust none in this climate of allopathic medicine and stubborn resistance to honest enquiry. (cf. stem cells - deja vu) Muricans will allow Fundamentalist dogma to limit ... too much to describe. People whose chronic pain is relieved - have to fight an AG, even after passing laws in their own State. Dogma.

I won't argue with your personal observations, nor be convinced either.

Ashton