IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I dont know if people were more socially responsable
Me, I "helped" run a free store, had 0 respect for authority, to me respect has to be earned. The fact that the draconian laws on the books at the time that were strategically enforced to enforce social order. This created a huge criminal class as many folks started thinking about the stupidiy of it. Ordinary folks who were labelled criminal and prosecuted created a backlash against of any form of government. Folks who got older turned the free stores and soup lines into cushy government jobs with pensions. The dream faded as the hair grew grey and the bellies bigger. Thru out that time there predators who saw a large flock joined the movements for their own uses created charlies crew, la famiglia, AB etc as the dark underside grew. Me I always kept my own council and learned laughed and loved. The dream to me stopped at altamonte, speed and smack replaced shrooms,weed,lsd and mda(ectasy). The violence escalated, racial integration was halted in the minds of a lot of folks because of the violence. I lived on the dark side for a while and travelled greatly because when you see the high and mighty are no brighter, smarter and are more afraid than you are, opportunity is greated.
nuff said
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/Resume.html|skill set]
New I was with you for a while...
but I'm originally from North Carolina, hence a little slow, so Lucy, please 'splain this passage a little:

The violence escalated, racial integration was halted in the minds of a lot of folks because of the violence. I lived on the dark side for a while and travelled greatly because when you see the high and mighty are no brighter, smarter and are more afraid than you are, opportunity is greated.

bcnu,
Mikem

New Okay
"The violence escalated, racial integration was halted in the minds of a lot of folks because of the violence."
race riots pissed off a lot of cornfed white folks who were starting to get comfortable with equal not separate. The black folks that I knew no longer accepted us folks into the fold, The welcome was more reserved and then as time passed only the brothers were welcome in the revolutionary type circles. These are my personal observations not trying to claim historical fact.
The last part of the quote I will leave as is, probably TMI.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/Resume.html|skill set]
New Hmmm....
Maybe the "Black Folks" came down as well.
     Why Marijuana is illegal - (Silverlock) - (90)
         Why marijuana really is illegal (supposedly) - (tjsinclair) - (5)
             Hadn't heard that one. Makes sense though. -NT - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 So put that in your pipe and smoke it! -NT - (bepatient)
             You are missing the other half of the story - (ben_tilly)
             Re: Why marijuana really REALLY is illegal (supposedly) - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Ummmm__________kewl________mon -NT - (Ashton)
         Actually, medical effects *are* interesting - (wharris2)
         They still smoke it anyway - (orion) - (3)
             Dude, you're obsessing with Ellen -NT - (tjsinclair) - (2)
                 Re: Dude, you're obsessing with Ellen - (deSitter) - (1)
                     Yes, Ellen has started using her 15 minutes of fame already. - (orion)
         Why I think it ought to stay illegal. - (mmoffitt) - (47)
             Now That's!______a hard one to argue against___:( -NT - (Ashton)
             Re: Why I think it ought to stay illegal. - (deSitter)
             Re: Why I think it ought to stay illegal. - (deSitter) - (44)
                 What always troubled me 'bout the 60's - Ash you listening? - (mmoffitt) - (43)
                     I dont know if people were more socially responsable - (boxley) - (3)
                         I was with you for a while... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             Okay - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Hmmm.... - (mmoffitt)
                     I am (barely) quite literally a child of the 60's - (ben_tilly) - (18)
                         There were good deeds done in the 1960's. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Note the qualification on my last sentence - (ben_tilly)
                         And OT: YOU are a Gen-X'er. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                             Nope - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                 Oh yes you are. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                     Square peg -> Round hole - (snork) - (5)
                                         Exactly - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                             Guess that's something we have in common... - (inthane-chan)
                                             Ben, Cliff, it's called "denial" ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 Isn't that a river in Egypt? - (snork) - (1)
                                                     Good one. You should run for office ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         Generalize 3rd hand a bit more and.. - (Ashton) - (5)
                             Alternate hypothesis for you - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                 OT: Ben got the 50,000th post overall -NT - (Yendor) - (2)
                                     Milestone Woot! -NT - (drewk)
                                     Wasn't even looking - (ben_tilly)
                                 OK Man___ I dig the post-prandial 'self-congratulatory' part - (Ashton)
                         Re: the Peace Movement - (Silverlock)
                     Other than the Civil War, the nation was never... - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                         Perhaps. - (mmoffitt)
                         I wondered who that guy was :) - (boxley) - (1)
                             Yep, that's me going the wrong way. - (a6l6e6x)
                     Yeah I guess, w/jaundiced ear - (Ashton) - (11)
                         Very interesting read. Thank you. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         re Diem - (Another Scott)
                         WTF was it about the Kennedy family? - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                             Bingo. I'm equally puzzled. - (a6l6e6x)
                             TR was younger. JFK youngest elected. Agree with the rest. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             The camelot myth - (boxley)
                             Re: WTF was it about the Kennedy family? ____[in 20/20] - (Ashton)
                             Ike got us into Viet Nam, not Kennedy. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 Actually, it was Truman's fault. >:-) - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Revisionist history! It was the French. :-) - (a6l6e6x)
                                     And note that Eisenhower hadn't yet sent in the army - (ben_tilly)
                     What always troubled me 'bout the 60's (huh?) - (wharris2) - (3)
                         Oasis might be a good word. - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Good word? OMG ashton and I agree? -NT - (wharris2) - (1)
                                 False alarm - only a little.. - (Ashton)
         What I've always wondered - (SpiceWare) - (28)
             Document rendered obsolete.. in practice.__ Recently. -NT - (Ashton)
             It doesn't bother me that "Ellen" might be a stoner chick. - (cwbrenn) - (26)
                 How did she become a dumb*ss? - (orion) - (25)
                     MJ doesn't make you dumb.... - (imric) - (23)
                         It's not the drugs - (cwbrenn) - (22)
                             Part of thier market? ROFL - (imric) - (21)
                                 Apple is trying to appeal to new markets. - (orion) - (20)
                                     Your inexperience with 'pot' or potheads - (Ashton) - (17)
                                         Which underscores my point - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                                             It is ironic - (orion)
                                             Heh... - (jb4)
                                         Re: Your inexperience with 'pot' or potheads - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             Know whatcha mean.. - (Ashton)
                                         My experience with 'potheads' - (orion) - (11)
                                             Ahh.. Nasty stuff. - (Ashton) - (10)
                                                 Disagree. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                     Nil data. - (Ashton)
                                                     No Connection - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                         {snort}________:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                                                     Interesting fact - (orion) - (5)
                                                         You're not the Lone Ranger ;-) - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                             Got ya beat. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                                                 I dunno.... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                     The Three Amigos! - (orion)
                                                                     The 'green... - (inthane-chan)
                                     Hey, wait a minute . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                         Uh, yeah, maybe? - (orion)
                     Raised in American Pop Culture - (tuberculosis)
         On Prohibition and Opiates. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Well.. you know this - (Ashton)