IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And yet, he persisted.
I remember a tearing Ellie Weisel begging Reagan not go honor dead Nazis. It made me sick. Up until this year, I don't think I've ever been as ashamed of my country as I was that day. Anyone who claims that Reagan was not (at the very least) a Fascist sympathizer didn't pay attention to the 1980's.
ALBANY, March 25— Governor Cuomo today accused President Reagan of being ''extraordinarily insensitive'' about the Holocaust and said he had written a letter to the White House to express the view.

The Nazis' killing of six million Jews was ''unique in its savagery,'' and the world should never forget it, Mr. Cuomo told reporters.

In response to the Governor's comments to the reporters, a White House spokesman, Marlin Fitzwater, tonight issued this statement: ''The President is very sensitive to the colossal tragedy of the Jewish population during World War II. He has often said that the Holocaust should never be forgotten. But we also have to look to the future of peace and sharing with the German people.''

The White House press office said there would be no immediate reply to the Governor's letter.

The President's comments at his news conference Thursday about his decision not to visit a concentration camp site in Germany, Mr. Cuomo said, could be seen as ''the same as saying, 'Let's forget about the Holocaust.' '' Mr. Cuomo brought up the matter in an impromptu conversation with reporters.

What Mr. Reagan said specifically, in response to a question about his decision not to visit Dachau when he goes to West Germany in May, around the time of the 40th anniversary of V-E Day, was this: ''Instead of reawakening the memories and so forth, and the passions of the time, that maybe we should observe this day as the day when, 40 years ago, peace began and friendship.''

''And I felt that, since the German people have very few alive that remember even the war, and certainly none of them who were adults and participating in any way,'' the President went on, ''they have a feeling and a guilt feeling that's been imposed upon them.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/03/26/nyregion/cuomo-attacks-reagan-on-holocaust-comment.html

Riiight. No equivocating there.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New (I bloody-well visited THAT pernicious Place/also described an odd event--in these parts.)
It seems that AmericaMurica's daily-fantasies about-Itself are so glass-fragile that,
most of Its Myths just won't bear inspection by a bright-light (like say, a near burned-down candle?)

Rationalization + all those fucking-Euphemisms appears to be a big part of the incessant internal-Lying
but it also needs that common-thread of immanent Iggerance, on local/National and/World-Scale to end up:
Blaming! some sky-apparition for {{ugh}} ... "makin U.S. so S p e c i a l".

..Talk aboucher 'Incestuous Religio-inventions' from the Puritans --> On.
     of cornerstones and plinths - (rcareaga) - (29)
         Re: the common soldiers of the Waffen SS - (mmoffitt) - (28)
             Yeah, Bitburg - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 I remember Ross. - (mmoffitt)
             How is that hypocritical? - (drook) - (3)
                 "widely suspected" - (Ashton)
                 And yet, he persisted. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     (I bloody-well visited THAT pernicious Place/also described an odd event--in these parts.) - (Ashton)
             Huge diff. Says so right in the first sentence of the NYT article: - (CRConrad) - (21)
                 Ellie Wiesel thought I did. - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                     Well-done, young Nazi-Stalker! (one of the few [+] connotations of that word? :-) -NT - (Ashton)
                     They were a) actual corpses, not statues; b) 2.5 % Waffen-SS, 97.5 % Wehrmacht. - (CRConrad) - (18)
                         Re: He could be wrong, and there he was; - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                             Intent matters - (drook) - (12)
                                 Yes, it does. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                     Do you know the difference between "action" and "intent"? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                         One more time, slowly. - (mmoffitt)
                                     You're still just as wrong. - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                         Re: You're still just as wrong. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                             Heh - (drook) - (3)
                                                 I'm sorry. I didn't know you were so unfamiliar with English. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                     More - (drook) - (1)
                                                         Preamble qualified all of that as "In my view." HTH. Again. Context is everything. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 There can be 'intent' ... clouded with umm.. ... insouciance? - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     You sure you want to go there? - (drook) - (1)
                                         Umm, where is that 'Writ-for-textbook-adornment' ? - (Ashton)
                             There is also significant difference among . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                 Heh. "Administrative". You mean like scheduling trains? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     Yup, and placing orders for more ovens. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 Disctinctions are of scale only - (scoenye)

This is a test of the Emergency LRPD System. This is only a test.
88 ms