IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: You're still just as wrong.
A) Merely stating as a fact YOUR opinion does not define a fact. Nor does it even offer the weakest of arguments as to the superiority of your opinion to that of Ellie Wiesel, me and the overwhelming majority of sentient beings who do not give a rat fuck that those "brave boys in brown" who were not SS, technically, and were, I suppose you'd argue, not really Nazis in that grave yard helped keep the trains running on time or maybe just killed or helped others to kill Allied Forces who where trying to overthrow Hitler. Fuck them, the memory of them and their contributions to the Reich.

B) WTF? Who is advocating never forgiving the German people? We're talking about not honoring the corpses of the people who aided Hitler in his atrocities FFS.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Heh
Merely stating as a fact YOUR opinion does not define a fact.

Physician, heal thyself.
--

Drew
New I'm sorry. I didn't know you were so unfamiliar with English.
How'd this sub-thread start? Oh yeah, I posted this:
I don't disagree with your sentiment on the issue(s) of today. However, I can understand why some would view your latest post, if taken to be the general consensus, as hypocritical given how popular Ronnie Rayguns was and remained even after he shamed (in my view anyway) our nation with his antics on that horrible day in May, 1985.

"In my view anyway" is not a phrase used in English to express statements of fact.

HTH.
bcnu,
Mikem

New More
Anyone who claims that Reagan was not (at the very least) a Fascist sympathizer didn't pay attention to the 1980's.

Knowingly laying a wreath at the graves of dead SS is equivalent to saying, "All is forgiven."

So, the intent of the wreath laying was to say, "We forgive you the atrocities, now let's move forward".
--

Drew
New Preamble qualified all of that as "In my view." HTH. Again. Context is everything.
bcnu,
Mikem

of cornerstones and plinths - (rcareaga) - (29)
         Re: the common soldiers of the Waffen SS - (mmoffitt) - (28)
             Yeah, Bitburg - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 I remember Ross. - (mmoffitt)
             How is that hypocritical? - (drook) - (3)
                 "widely suspected" - (Ashton)
                 And yet, he persisted. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     (I bloody-well visited THAT pernicious Place/also described an odd event--in these parts.) - (Ashton)
             Huge diff. Says so right in the first sentence of the NYT article: - (CRConrad) - (21)
                 Ellie Wiesel thought I did. - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                     Well-done, young Nazi-Stalker! (one of the few [+] connotations of that word? :-) -NT - (Ashton)
                     They were a) actual corpses, not statues; b) 2.5 % Waffen-SS, 97.5 % Wehrmacht. - (CRConrad) - (18)
                         Re: He could be wrong, and there he was; - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                             Intent matters - (drook) - (12)
                                 Yes, it does. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                     Do you know the difference between "action" and "intent"? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                         One more time, slowly. - (mmoffitt)
                                     You're still just as wrong. - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                         Re: You're still just as wrong. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                             Heh - (drook) - (3)
                                                 I'm sorry. I didn't know you were so unfamiliar with English. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                     More - (drook) - (1)
                                                         Preamble qualified all of that as "In my view." HTH. Again. Context is everything. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 There can be 'intent' ... clouded with umm.. ... insouciance? - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     You sure you want to go there? - (drook) - (1)
                                         Umm, where is that 'Writ-for-textbook-adornment' ? - (Ashton)
                             There is also significant difference among . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                 Heh. "Administrative". You mean like scheduling trains? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     Yup, and placing orders for more ovens. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 Disctinctions are of scale only - (scoenye)

It's a lot less messy in here when Karsten's absent...
63 ms