IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What the heck could he have done that he didn't?
She was a reprehensible candidate. That's on her and her supporters (see here, for example: http://forum.iwethey.org/forum/post/415424/ ). What exactly is it that you would have wished he'd done? Lie about her being a "change you can believe in" candidate instead of a status quo politician who had to be beaten into supporting weakened down Progressive policies in the Party Platform (not that many believed she'd do anything to pass that - particularly not after her choice of VP)?

Seriously man, what could he have done? She was a horrible, horrible candidate from a party that has embraced horrible, horrible ideas for the past 30 years. What was he to do about that?
bcnu,
Mikem

I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right.
Christopher Hitchens.
New He didn't do *everything*. He damaged her and the party. He should have done more.
New That's "Everything Possible".
So, again, WHAT did he not do that you expected from him? If campaigning for Her - including TELLING HIS SUPPORTERS TO VOTE FOR HER wasn't enough to satisfy you, what, if anything, would have been?
bcnu,
Mikem

I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right.
Christopher Hitchens.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Nov. 11, 2016, 04:08:51 PM EST
New The sitting President campaigned for her more than Bernie did.
I don't have the time to count the actual events, so I'll use Google as a proxy:

"Obama campaigns for Clinton" - 166,000 hits

"Sanders campaigns for Clinton" - 26,700 hits

"Obama rally for Clinton" - 11,800 hits

"Sanders rally for Clinton" - 3,210 hits

You think Bernie had more constraints on his time than Obama? You think Bernie did "everything" he could to make sure Trump lost and Hillary won?

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New trump rallying for clinton 82,400,000, did you have a point in there?
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New You have to put it in quotes if you want it to work. ;-)

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
     daughter goes to cast her first ever vote - (boxley) - (52)
         :-( Glad she voted. It's important. -NT - (Another Scott) - (50)
             I have always taught my kids that voting is a right and a duty -NT - (boxley) - (49)
                 Absolutely! I've voted in *every* Federal election since 1962. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 Me 2. They both voted. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     lie to em -NT - (boxley)
                 Good. Indeed it is. :-) - (Another Scott) - (45)
                     I wouldn't take any bets on that this morning. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (44)
                         Yeah... - (Another Scott) - (43)
                             We'll see if the Reichstag (er, Capitol) has a mysterious fire in February. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                             A lot of times, I wish I wasn't right about something. This is one of those times. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             no you dont have wishful thinking at all - (boxley) - (40)
                                 You know that's not going to happen. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                     They need a good dose of cynicism - (drook) - (2)
                                         Re: Say whatever it takes to win - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                             You don't have to overwhelm the BS detector - (drook)
                                 Ok - Let's say the DNC is gone. What replaces it? - (Another Scott) - (35)
                                     Eviscerate the DNC. Disqualify all the current careerists . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                         this one ^ -NT - (boxley)
                                     The DLC wasn't horrible? That's your White privilege speaking. - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                                         Bill won. - (Another Scott) - (29)
                                             Why did Jerry lose? Ron Brown had *a lot* to do with that. - (mmoffitt) - (28)
                                                 I see we still can't agree on the basic facts, let alone the interpretation. - (Another Scott) - (27)
                                                     ^^ that -NT - (pwhysall)
                                                     Why do you continue to refuse to recognize the obvious? - (mmoffitt) - (25)
                                                         Sore Loserman says he was Right. Film at 11. - (Another Scott) - (18)
                                                             That's disappointing. - (mmoffitt)
                                                             OTOH, with the tremendous drag at the top of the ticket, ... - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                                                                 Yeah, they supported ~ 6 House Democrats who won. Feel the Power of the Bern. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                                                     When you're rebuilding a political party, you've got to start somewhere, Sport. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                                                                         Re: When you're rebuilding a political party, you've got to start somewhere, Sport. ;0) - (Another Scott) - (13)
                                                                             Um, you do know he campaigned for Her in 12 states, right? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                                                                                 So what. That's *everything*? - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                                                                     What the heck could he have done that he didn't? - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                                         He didn't do *everything*. He damaged her and the party. He should have done more. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                             That's "Everything Possible". - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                                 The sitting President campaigned for her more than Bernie did. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                     trump rallying for clinton 82,400,000, did you have a point in there? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                         You have to put it in quotes if you want it to work. ;-) - (Another Scott)
                                                                                     well she is, he didnt want to be lying to the people -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                         Then why did he say he'd campaign and wok to elect her? Can't have it both ways. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                                             Well, maybe, MAYBE she shouldn't have insulted his supporters. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                                 I think Lincoln Chafee would have done worse. ;-p -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                     nope because I would have voted for him -NT - (boxley)
                                                         She didn't call the working class deplorables. Why do you believe that? -NT - (drook) - (5)
                                                             You're going to defend what she said? *BOGGLE* - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                 The KKK were supporting Trump. Should she not call them deplorable? - (drook) - (3)
                                                                     Re: The KKK were supporting Trump. Should she not call them deplorable? - (mmoffitt)
                                                                     Re: The KKK were split on their support. many supported clinton - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                         Yes, exactly that - (drook)
                                     Jonathan Tasini's thoughts. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Seems a pretty objective wish-list of basic fixes.. - (Ashton)
         People are assholes - (malraux)

Fusion power might transform the Middle East from an important strategic asset for the Western world into a bunch of strangers killing themselves over disagreements about sand and magic.
156 ms