IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Jonathan Tasini's thoughts.
So, now what? Yesterday was indeed devastating. My niece texted me, "what do we do now?" Her desperate question broke my heart. I grew up in a feminist household: My mother was one of a handful of women to break a glass ceiling, going to medical school after she already had her three kids.

I know many young women are mourning the blow of a President Trump partly because of the rejection of a woman as the first president -- which is yet another reason I argue we must remake the Democratic Party.

First, the Clinton machine must be rooted out of the party. A quarter of a century is enough time to understand that its ideology has failed the American people.

Second, the Democratic National Committee has to be turned inside out. The disgraced and deposed chair, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, is only the worst symptom of this wider truth. The party has lost hundreds of state legislative seats, Republicans now control two-thirds of state chambers and have a comfortable majority of governorships (who will determine redistricting in 2020). They have a historic margin in the House of Representatives, will continue to run the Senate and, thus, likely put a Trump-stamp on the Supreme Court.

Third, we need to run targeted primary contests broadly and across the board to replace elected officials who don't want to see a more open, vibrant and inclusive party. The Sanders movement has shown we can raise the money to fund challengers — and they are ready, by the thousands, to compete.

With these changes, and drawing from the energy of many great activists, a new Democratic Party can be revitalized. The progressive movement, in all its elements — advocates for labor, environmentalists, and civil rights of all stripes — can shape that future.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/opinions/democratic-party-burn-tasini/index.html
bcnu,
Mikem

I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right.
Christopher Hitchens.
New Seems a pretty objective wish-list of basic fixes..
Pity though, that a (of any number available!) Scalia clone installed, combined with the Wrecking Crew being assembled to 'counsel' the un-counselable-thus-far Drumpf:
Even were all these points of Tasini's accomplished with alacrity (yashure..) ... ... Drumpf commences his slash/burn assemblage, convinced that global warming is hogwash.

By the time such psychological health could be created in some shiny-New Demo Party: the rest of world /absent the usual-and-expected US Leadership in the matter:
shall likely have greatly diminished their intended response to this genuine Emergency: for all obvious psych-reasons. Etc., ad nauseum.

(Whatever the similarly horrific outcomes of other Drumpf fantasies: how could any or all of those outcomes matter! if/when..
various of the expected Tipping Points are passed in close-succession?)

QED: most likely then: We Be Fucked in any probable Next.

Ed: oTpy
Expand Edited by Ashton Nov. 15, 2016, 07:08:18 AM EST
Expand Edited by Ashton Nov. 15, 2016, 07:19:21 AM EST
     daughter goes to cast her first ever vote - (boxley) - (52)
         :-( Glad she voted. It's important. -NT - (Another Scott) - (50)
             I have always taught my kids that voting is a right and a duty -NT - (boxley) - (49)
                 Absolutely! I've voted in *every* Federal election since 1962. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 Me 2. They both voted. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     lie to em -NT - (boxley)
                 Good. Indeed it is. :-) - (Another Scott) - (45)
                     I wouldn't take any bets on that this morning. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (44)
                         Yeah... - (Another Scott) - (43)
                             We'll see if the Reichstag (er, Capitol) has a mysterious fire in February. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                             A lot of times, I wish I wasn't right about something. This is one of those times. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             no you dont have wishful thinking at all - (boxley) - (40)
                                 You know that's not going to happen. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                     They need a good dose of cynicism - (drook) - (2)
                                         Re: Say whatever it takes to win - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                             You don't have to overwhelm the BS detector - (drook)
                                 Ok - Let's say the DNC is gone. What replaces it? - (Another Scott) - (35)
                                     Eviscerate the DNC. Disqualify all the current careerists . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                         this one ^ -NT - (boxley)
                                     The DLC wasn't horrible? That's your White privilege speaking. - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                                         Bill won. - (Another Scott) - (29)
                                             Why did Jerry lose? Ron Brown had *a lot* to do with that. - (mmoffitt) - (28)
                                                 I see we still can't agree on the basic facts, let alone the interpretation. - (Another Scott) - (27)
                                                     ^^ that -NT - (pwhysall)
                                                     Why do you continue to refuse to recognize the obvious? - (mmoffitt) - (25)
                                                         Sore Loserman says he was Right. Film at 11. - (Another Scott) - (18)
                                                             That's disappointing. - (mmoffitt)
                                                             OTOH, with the tremendous drag at the top of the ticket, ... - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                                                                 Yeah, they supported ~ 6 House Democrats who won. Feel the Power of the Bern. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                                                     When you're rebuilding a political party, you've got to start somewhere, Sport. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                                                                         Re: When you're rebuilding a political party, you've got to start somewhere, Sport. ;0) - (Another Scott) - (13)
                                                                             Um, you do know he campaigned for Her in 12 states, right? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                                                                                 So what. That's *everything*? - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                                                                     What the heck could he have done that he didn't? - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                                         He didn't do *everything*. He damaged her and the party. He should have done more. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                             That's "Everything Possible". - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                                 The sitting President campaigned for her more than Bernie did. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                     trump rallying for clinton 82,400,000, did you have a point in there? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                         You have to put it in quotes if you want it to work. ;-) - (Another Scott)
                                                                                     well she is, he didnt want to be lying to the people -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                         Then why did he say he'd campaign and wok to elect her? Can't have it both ways. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                                             Well, maybe, MAYBE she shouldn't have insulted his supporters. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                                 I think Lincoln Chafee would have done worse. ;-p -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                     nope because I would have voted for him -NT - (boxley)
                                                         She didn't call the working class deplorables. Why do you believe that? -NT - (drook) - (5)
                                                             You're going to defend what she said? *BOGGLE* - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                 The KKK were supporting Trump. Should she not call them deplorable? - (drook) - (3)
                                                                     Re: The KKK were supporting Trump. Should she not call them deplorable? - (mmoffitt)
                                                                     Re: The KKK were split on their support. many supported clinton - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                         Yes, exactly that - (drook)
                                     Jonathan Tasini's thoughts. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Seems a pretty objective wish-list of basic fixes.. - (Ashton)
         People are assholes - (malraux)

Don't touch that button!
104 ms