IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Greenwald's excellent article. I hope every Democrat reads it.
For many years, the U.S. — like the U.K. and other Western nations — has embarked on a course that virtually guaranteed a collapse of elite authority and internal implosion. From the invasion of Iraq to the 2008 financial crisis to the all-consuming framework of prisons and endless wars, societal benefits have been directed almost exclusively to the very elite institutions most responsible for failure at the expense of everyone else.

It was only a matter of time before instability, backlash, and disruption resulted. Both Brexit and Trump unmistakably signal its arrival. The only question is whether those two cataclysmic events will be the peak of this process, or just the beginning. And that, in turn, will be determined by whether their crucial lessons are learned — truly internalized — or ignored in favor of self-exonerating campaigns to blame everyone else.

Much more here: https://theintercept.com/2016/11/09/democrats-trump-and-the-ongoing-dangerous-refusal-to-learn-the-lesson-of-brexit/
bcnu,
Mikem

I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right.
Christopher Hitchens.
New He covered much of this on 'Democracy Now' last night (prolly on their site also..)
== yan Reason I don't buy the summary-(and surly-) dismissal of him [and his insights ... ??] by some.

Will check out the link later, gotta run/get stuff done before the CO-2 plus brimstone/sulfide odors from DC render a decent brunch ... a thing of the Past.
New He links to another recitation of a few dozen psyche-disturbances,
in The Nightmare President ..such a concise description.

all of which points to a need for everyone to view The President's Analyst, a '67 flic with James Coburn, Godfrey Cambridge, Arte Johnson--of Laugh-In!--which would be a hoot even without the n! compounded Evil
of all the reactionary nut-cases ..soon to be sabotaging every Dept. of Government etc. ad nauseum.

As it's very title points out.. lo these near-50 years later: the fact that this carney barker drastically needs a Shrink, probably will forever be in Denial about that, and shall therefore: aid greatly in furthering the entire planet's destruction-for-most-mammals. Not to mention the final Dis(solution) of the former U. S. of A. (probably in a state of internecine warfare as horrific as any of the dystopian infotainment plots extant.) I may have to simply disconnect from the daily reports of the Madness of King Drumpf, else lose all endorphins and join all the other zombies..

PS: PBS's Film School Shorts includes a Tale of Murican Fast-Food premeditated skullduggery, meriting that level of Guffaw reserved for Bald-assed Truthiness! I wot. We're SUCH a sleazy generation of vipers [© Philip Wylie]
Our Culture (#410H) Duration: 29:00 STEREO TVPG-VL
If the gangsters of Martin Scorsese's Goodfellas got into the fast food business, Foodfellas would result. Directed by Reuben Guberek. And as Reel.com wrote, Culture is "The best 60 seconds of film you'll see at Sundance."
cf. at end: Trash Cat, complete with the Apple 'Dock'

Ed: Let's start Drumpf's term with an Impeach Donald Drumpf campaign funded by all zillionaires with some perspective about the uselessness of their 'wealth'--from a cave.

Methinks that, the entire local zeitgeist is irreversibly-doomed by the sheer momentum of the Murican-tribe's lemming-like Will to Seppuku.
At the least, I can see no plausible antidote to the toxins about to be spewed all over the physical (and mental) landscape of this plundered, infected and industrial-poisoned land.
Such a level of Awfulness guarantees that any Pollyanna spewing faux-cheeriness? (would likely be stoned to death with rocks dipped in pig's blood (close-enough.))

Still.. HaveANIceDay Y'all ... Mussolini was said to have made all the Italian trains run on time. Then lots of Italians died.
Expand Edited by Ashton Nov. 12, 2016, 06:20:51 AM EST
     Greenwald's excellent article. I hope every Democrat reads it. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
         He covered much of this on 'Democracy Now' last night (prolly on their site also..) - (Ashton)
         He links to another recitation of a few dozen psyche-disturbances, - (Ashton)

Real FORTRAN! Woo-hoo!
142 ms