IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New only in america
once you start making more dough you dont have to pay a 12.4% tax that minimum wage earners have to pay until death or retirement, thats equitable that is
New There was a certain logic to it, at one time.
It was intended to be insurance, and there were many more people contributing than collecting benefits. Now, it's a much bigger program and fewer are contributing per beneficiary, so the income limits should be raised (or completely removed) while adjusting the rates as appropriate.

I dunno how other countries handle taxation for social insurance.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Steve Benen on the Republican budget proposal. - (Another Scott) - (87)
         Take away deductions and loopholes - (beepster) - (86)
             That's as likely as their proposed cuts and spending freeze. - (Another Scott) - (85)
                 Um... - (beepster) - (84)
                     You're doing it again... - (Another Scott) - (83)
                         Really, I should read the memo then.. - (beepster) - (80)
                             I keep hearing people say that - (drook)
                             In addition to Drew's comments, here are some more... - (Another Scott) - (78)
                                 Excuse me, but where.. - (beepster) - (77)
                                     You're just using many of their talking points. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         I take it you dont smoke - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Nope. - (Another Scott)
                                     Are we talking absolute, or percentage? Inflation adjusted? - (drook) - (73)
                                         what percentage of your working life - (boxley) - (1)
                                             On quitting smoking. - (Another Scott)
                                         Absolute. - (beepster) - (70)
                                             if we raise taxes on booksellers on the web - (boxley) - (65)
                                                 Wouldn't affect it much - (drook) - (54)
                                                     thank you for proving my point - (boxley) - (53)
                                                         It's a pointless one - (drook) - (52)
                                                             ???? - (beepster) - (50)
                                                                 Evidence, please. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                     The cig tax - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                         I've already addressed that. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                             Wait for the next one. - (beepster)
                                                                 Put up or shut up - (drook) - (45)
                                                                     You are on crack, arent' you. - (beepster) - (43)
                                                                         You're putting up a proposition about taxes. - (Another Scott) - (36)
                                                                             cap and trade will get everyone -NT - (boxley) - (35)
                                                                                 It's supposed to be impact neutral to family budgets. - (Another Scott) - (33)
                                                                                     Yep...and the government has never lied to you, have they? - (beepster) - (31)
                                                                                         So you oppose this. What do you support? -NT - (drook) - (30)
                                                                                             Once again - (beepster) - (29)
                                                                                                 read obamas lips, he is lying like every other pol -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                                     don't tell scott that - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                                         naw, he is desparate to believe in the dream - (boxley)
                                                                                                 Specifics would be nice. - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                 Couple reminders - (drook) - (24)
                                                                                                     Reminders of what, exactly? - (beepster) - (23)
                                                                                                         A "bill of attainder" is unconstitutional. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                                                             tell that to the congress re: aig bonus taxes :-) -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                                                 Notice that talk of that died down in the Senate. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                                                                     Key difference - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                                                         Back up. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                                             read back - (beepster)
                                                                                                         Wasn't my intention to focus on corporate taxes - (drook) - (16)
                                                                                                             what is this recently BS? - (boxley) - (15)
                                                                                                                 The inheritance tax doesn't do that - (drook) - (14)
                                                                                                                     so the state only seizes 45% difference in degree only - (boxley) - (13)
                                                                                                                         So 0.5% would *also* difference in degree only? - (drook) - (12)
                                                                                                                             so one only rents money from the state? - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                                                                                 I'll take a page from Beep's playbook for this one - (drook) - (10)
                                                                                                                                     :-) you said complaining about said tax was recent - (boxley) - (9)
                                                                                                                                         bing bing bing -NT - (beepster)
                                                                                                                                         No, I said calling it a "death tax" was recent - (drook) - (7)
                                                                                                                                             Exactly. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                                                                                             sure it is - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                 Don't be intentionally dense. It's unbecoming. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                                                                                     I have heard the term death tax since I was a kid - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                         Ok. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                                                                         Waddaya 'spect in a place where Cholmondeley is pronounced - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                             we had "glagow" eddie burns, frank the hunky - (boxley)
                                                                                     so is the fair tax -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                 darn it box...I was saving that one. -NT - (beepster)
                                                                         Poison pills don't count - (drook) - (5)
                                                                             Inventing my position doesn't either - (beepster) - (4)
                                                                                 Try speaking clearly then - (drook) - (3)
                                                                                     You're still asking me - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                         No, I'm asking you to TAKE a position - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                             Stated above - (beepster)
                                                                     severl ways to even a playing field - (boxley)
                                                             dont think nother gets that -NT - (boxley)
                                                 I'd also be interested in Beep's take. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                     For Pete's sake...how hard is it? - (beepster) - (4)
                                                         Let's play Reductio ad absurdum - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                             And taxes are paid by consumers. - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                 See my other post - (drook) - (1)
                                                                     Thank you. You're much clearer than me. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                     Just found this today - (drook) - (3)
                                                         Problem with this - (beepster)
                                                         That reminds me.... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             Drucker is only applicable to commodities - (drook)
                                             It would suggest that that 40% ... making *20%* of the gross - (Ashton)
                                             "Absolute" - well that's a risky bet. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                 only in america - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     There was a certain logic to it, at one time. - (Another Scott)
                         since the expeditures under discussion is about to pass gdp - (boxley) - (1)
                             Most of that $xxT is guarantees. - (Another Scott)

Drink and the Devil have done for the rest!
93 ms