IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Did you just say '50 pound cat'?
Holy crap that's a lot of cat. What is it, a freakin Puma?
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New May have been a typo - he's actually 22 lbs.
Maine Coons can get up to 30 lbs, so he's about mid-range.

Anyway you slice it, he's a big-ass cat....

Tom Sinclair
Speaker-to-Suits

That seems to point up a significant difference between Europeans and
Americans. A European says: "I can't understand this, what's wrong with
me?" An American says: "I can't understand this, what's wrong with him?"
-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)
New That was for Norm, actually. Check his post
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New Not a typo, fat cat
and the cat was diabetic as well. But was about that big. Actually I think that a Puma would be like 80 or 100 pounds? One thing that I do know, is that when we bug-bombed the apartment and had to carry out the cats, that we could hardly lift them.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New For a second you had me thinking...
...that you bugbombed the cats. Eek!

Meerkat is having a Dumb Attack...
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Okay, enough with the cat chat....
We're starting to annoy the straights.

Tom Sinclair
Speaker-to-Suits

"I'm a cat person, myself," she said, vaguely. A low-level voice said:
"Yeah? Yeah? Wash in your own spit, do you?"
-- It's a dog's life
(Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)
New Clarification
We moved the cats out of the apartment before we bugbombed the apartment. This was around 1988 that we did this.

The cats were huge, ate a lot, and didn't get out much. Stayed in the apartment and slept a lot when they weren't laying on the keyboard or swatting at it.

New World record territory for a domestic cat...
According to [link|http://www.catscans.com/facts.htm|this] the record for a domestic cat is a little less than 47 pounds.

According to the Guiness Book of World Records, the heaviest cat on record was Himmy, an Australian cat, who weighed 46 pounds, 15.25 ounces in 1986. Himmy's waist was 33 inches! The previous record-holder had been Spice, a ginger-and-white tom cat from Connecticut, who weighed 43 pounds when he died in 1977.

A mountain lion/puma weighs up to 200 pounds according to some WWW pages out there...

Cheers,
Scott.
New I was estimating
the cat may have been under 50 pounds, but it sure was heavy. The thing about cats is that when they don't want to be picked up, they can seem to be heavier than they really are. But one thing that I know for sure, those cats were really heavy, heavier than any other domestic cat I've picked up before.

help with 3 yrold hackers - (boxley) - (29)
         The problem, at least with OS 9 - (tjsinclair)
         I've not tried this, but... - (Meerkat) - (1)
             with OSX not a problem - (boxley)
         My own 3 year old hacker - (nking) - (20)
             But Box wants his 3 year old to use the machine! - (a6l6e6x) - (19)
                 Me too, - (nking) - (18)
                     might work but would get tired of rebuilding -NT - (boxley) - (17)
                         Well yes, - (nking) - (16)
                             OS X and permissions - (tjsinclair) - (15)
                                 Cats and computers - (nking) - (14)
                                     OT: our cyberkittie - (tjsinclair)
                                     Did you just say '50 pound cat'? - (drewk) - (8)
                                         May have been a typo - he's actually 22 lbs. - (tjsinclair) - (7)
                                             That was for Norm, actually. Check his post -NT - (drewk) - (6)
                                                 Not a typo, fat cat - (nking) - (5)
                                                     For a second you had me thinking... - (Meerkat) - (2)
                                                         Okay, enough with the cat chat.... - (tjsinclair)
                                                         Clarification - (nking)
                                                     World record territory for a domestic cat... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         I was estimating - (nking)
                                     A friend had a computer problem with her cat - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                         This must have been before the cheapo mice - (nking) - (2)
                                             It was mid 90's and her computer was a mac -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                 Ugh! Point taken. - (nking)
         Can you do a home network? - (drewk) - (4)
             Isn't VMWare x86 only? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 try Virtual PC for the Mac - (nking)
             rather use the OS to teach them computer manners - (boxley) - (1)
                 Yes, take it away with they break it - (nking)

Hello, world.
102 ms