Yes I agree that there are things in the USA that make us sick, depressed, and stressed out. Too bad we cannot sue our employers for stressing us out, and making us depressed. If I could, I may be able to get some serious cash for them making my illnesses worse.

I do have a good heart, but people take advantage of me when they learn that. Then some backstab me, or make things hard for me, because they know I have a good heart and they are not as good hearted as me. I am not sure why, but this happens almost everywhere. Like you called them, Assholes. I call them jerks and jerkettes. They are at every workplace. If they cannot find something bad to say about me, they make something up. They are the ones starting hurtful rumors, and when management believes those rumors even if there is no evidence or proof that they are true, then I get the shaft. it seems to have happened to my previous job. Those are the type of people I'd like to see tossed into that firery place in the afterlife. Or get reincarnated as a rat or fly.

I've tried many things to treat my depression, but they have all failed. Meditation, Yoga, getting a hobby, exercise, doing a Stewart Smalley, taking a vacation, etc. Maybe my depression is deeper than all of that?