IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I dunno.
But they are clearly looking at the problem at several levels.

As far as I understand the science, an anti-ageing procedure taken for the first time in (say) your twenties would effectively stop you ageing, possibly making you look even younger. There was also a possibility that such a treatment taken even later in life would still make the body "younger".

IMHO, such "immortality" would give a longevity very similar to that of elves in popular fantasy novels (e.g. those of Katherine Kerr or Raymond Feist).

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Re: I dunno.
Niven had, as a major plot device, a machine that "cleaned" a character of his aged stuff and had him looking him visibly younger. I don't remember the name of the book, but it was the one where a corpsicle returned from a journey near the center of the galaxy.

Nice fiction, but pity it doesn't seem to actually work that way.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
     Seeking immortality through science. - (static) - (37)
         Sounds like those immortality rings - (nking) - (31)
             Body gets weaker? - (wharris2) - (1)
                 Basically that is immortality and eternal youth - (nking)
             I dunno. - (static) - (1)
                 Re: I dunno. - (wharris2)
             LSD & DNA - (tablizer) - (26)
                 I'll never get stoned - (nking) - (25)
                     Hell-A vs. Hell-B ? - (tablizer) - (24)
                         Who said anything about Hell? - (nking) - (23)
                             Have a smoke. A pack a day keeps retirement away. -NT - (Ric Locke) - (22)
                                 Smoking takes too long - (nking) - (21)
                                     Well.. as long as you think of it as a Grim - (Ashton) - (20)
                                         What death is like - (nking) - (18)
                                             Ummm.._______never mind. - (Ashton) - (17)
                                                 Suffering - (nking) - (16)
                                                     If you paid attention - (Ashton) - (10)
                                                         What are you talking about? - (nking) - (9)
                                                             You were the one who brought up Buddhism - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                 I am Not a Buddist, but my wife was - (nking) - (3)
                                                                     What I described was pretty basic - (ben_tilly)
                                                                     My comment was based on yours. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                         My comment on your comment - (nking)
                                                             Hell on earth - (marlowe)
                                                             People finding fault? - (marlowe) - (2)
                                                                 So who is perfect anyway? - (nking) - (1)
                                                                     Stand your ground. - (marlowe)
                                                     There are alternative views... - (hnick)
                                                     If you are a believer reread Job - (boxley) - (3)
                                                         Seconded - (Steve Lowe)
                                                         But even Job had his suffering end - (nking)
                                                         Wow, is this thread off topic or what? - (marlowe)
                                         Did someone allude to me? - (screamer)
         Feh! - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Hmm. - (static)
             I got one of those in '16 - (Ashton)
         How about the Bionic Man? - (brettj) - (1)
             Darth Vader syndrome - (nking)

I R UR GRAMMER NATZEE GAWD.
389 ms