IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If you are a believer reread Job
a promise was made that you cannot be allowed to suffer more than you can bear. If you think your suffering is too much now take a lighter start the flame stick you hand in it and leave it there. Do that for infinity, then your suffering WOULD be too much, wouldnt it? By removing yourself prematurely you are passing the suffering you dont want to do to your wife and child for them to do it for you. Selfish.
thanx,
bill
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
New Seconded
On the read suggestion, and the point.

-----
Steve
New But even Job had his suffering end
and then he got a new family and new stuff.

I am still with my suffering for over 30 years now. When will it end? Hand in the flame, try having your brain/mind in the flame for over 30 years with no relief in sight, that is about the way I feel magnified by infinity squared. If there ever is a place like Hell, I cannot imagine it being any much worse than the way it already is here in Earth.

Like I said, I feel like I cannot handle it anymore. Each time I feel this way I end up in a hospital. I read job, but I do not think that the Devil keeps his word to not put more stuff on us than we can handle. If you recall it was the Devil that tourtured Job, and God just said "Do what you will, but don't kill him".

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New Wow, is this thread off topic or what?
Arguably, it began off topic.

Anyway, I've read Job more than once, and I distinctly remember that God didn't promise Job anything. God did bless him in the end, but it had nothing to do with any deal. There was no quid pro quo.

This is an important distinction. The book of Job does not advocate making a deal with God. Quite the opposite. It mentions the idea only to refute it with extreme prejudice.

Another point: Job was blessed only after he 1) came to comprehend God's majesty and 2) prayed for his friends to be forgiven for their misguided philosophising. The blessings came after Job was able to see beyond his own situation, and glimpse, however imperfectly, the larger picture. He included others in his sphere of consideration.

And my reply to Buddha is this: life is indeed suffering, but not all suffering is bad in itself. Suffering can be a way to learn. Getting rid of all attachments would end suffering, only inasmuch as it amounts to a kind of death. Life is a process. Process implies direction. Direction, if one is conscious of it, amounts to attachment. If you don't have motivation, you don't move.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
     Seeking immortality through science. - (static) - (37)
         Sounds like those immortality rings - (nking) - (31)
             Body gets weaker? - (wharris2) - (1)
                 Basically that is immortality and eternal youth - (nking)
             I dunno. - (static) - (1)
                 Re: I dunno. - (wharris2)
             LSD & DNA - (tablizer) - (26)
                 I'll never get stoned - (nking) - (25)
                     Hell-A vs. Hell-B ? - (tablizer) - (24)
                         Who said anything about Hell? - (nking) - (23)
                             Have a smoke. A pack a day keeps retirement away. -NT - (Ric Locke) - (22)
                                 Smoking takes too long - (nking) - (21)
                                     Well.. as long as you think of it as a Grim - (Ashton) - (20)
                                         What death is like - (nking) - (18)
                                             Ummm.._______never mind. - (Ashton) - (17)
                                                 Suffering - (nking) - (16)
                                                     If you paid attention - (Ashton) - (10)
                                                         What are you talking about? - (nking) - (9)
                                                             You were the one who brought up Buddhism - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                 I am Not a Buddist, but my wife was - (nking) - (3)
                                                                     What I described was pretty basic - (ben_tilly)
                                                                     My comment was based on yours. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                         My comment on your comment - (nking)
                                                             Hell on earth - (marlowe)
                                                             People finding fault? - (marlowe) - (2)
                                                                 So who is perfect anyway? - (nking) - (1)
                                                                     Stand your ground. - (marlowe)
                                                     There are alternative views... - (hnick)
                                                     If you are a believer reread Job - (boxley) - (3)
                                                         Seconded - (Steve Lowe)
                                                         But even Job had his suffering end - (nking)
                                                         Wow, is this thread off topic or what? - (marlowe)
                                         Did someone allude to me? - (screamer)
         Feh! - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Hmm. - (static)
             I got one of those in '16 - (Ashton)
         How about the Bionic Man? - (brettj) - (1)
             Darth Vader syndrome - (nking)

The Readers Digest of All and Everything cha cha.
273 ms