IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New On the coasts, rents & mortgages are no longer connected
so that's one reason why many think we're in a housing bubble.

Also, look at the percents for various types of mortages; in prime bubble areas, the riskier loans are common, e.g. this year SFBA I/O loans are over 50% of new mortages.

Tony
New They are very much connected
Money is being concentrated into fewer and fewer pockets and those pockets need to do something with it. The wealthy are competing with each other to buy homes, driving the price of homes way up.

They must do something with those homes and about all you can do with them is rent them out. This has resulted in a glut of homes for rent with rusulting downward pressure on rent.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Partially right
The truly wealthy have reduced real instate investments.

However, there is a lot of speculation in real estate, people buying homes based on assuming that the price will go up. That's the only way an I/O loan makes sense. And it's not the wealthy that are taking out all those I/O loans here; my guess is that it's a mix of speculators and people feeling "If I don't buy now I'll never be able to buy, and I'll be able to refinance in five years".

Only time will tell what happens, but it seems a lot like the dot-bomb boom to me.

Tony
     Forget it. - (inthane-chan) - (27)
         Housing goes in cycles. - (Another Scott)
         at 3 months shy of the 50 been there my entire adult life - (boxley) - (1)
             Well said. You're fortunate to have been able to do that. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Note... - (ben_tilly) - (14)
             My wife's mother was 42 when she was born in 1961. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                 Re: My wife's mother was 42 when she was born in 1961. - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     They ain't called "tax deductions" for nothin' :) - (imqwerky) - (2)
                         Not in the UK, you don't. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Sux 2BU :-D -NT - (imqwerky)
                     Yup. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Teenagers shouldn't have to care for their parents, imho - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             People are living too long. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 lrpd 1-10 please -NT - (boxley)
                 ObCRC-ism: - (jb4) - (1)
                     Erg. - (Another Scott)
             On the coasts, rents & mortgages are no longer connected - (tonytib) - (2)
                 They are very much connected - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Partially right - (tonytib)
         What Box said - (pwhysall)
         Amy chimes in - (imqwerky)
         ? - (Another Scott) - (5)
             I know what the problem is. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                 what are the quals for psycologists in other states - (boxley) - (2)
                     Re: what are the quals for psycologists in other states - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         reason to stay for sure -NT - (boxley)
                 I assume you're deducting that interest. - (Another Scott)
         Dude - just buy something - (tuberculosis)

That’s a great, great story. Therefore, it’s too good to be true.
76 ms