IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New at 3 months shy of the 50 been there my entire adult life
at least I have the bridge I want to live under in my dotage picked out. Now unless you have an extreme imperative to live where you are, find a job in a place you can afford to live. A MS in Social Work can translate into a school councillor in the right neighborhood. The best way to do a mortgage is 5/15/80 which is 5% down second mortgage ARM for the next 10 years for the next 15% and a first 30 year fixed for the balance. If you must live where you are, you are relatively young couple, look for the gay guys. Typically they will find a rundown section with possibilities and buy in and renovate. If you know of any folks of that persuasion ask them questions. They are usually the first into a gentrification project. If you join in, work like a dog doing repairs in a down trodden neighborhood you will reap equity awards.

Me I would find a place that doesnt seem to suck too bad and has decent housing prices, haul wife along and go wherever young man. At your age with no kids I would look at Huntsville Alabama, Pascagoula Mississippi and other places that have low housing prices and jobs that dont pay too bad in our industry. Omaha Nebraska is also high wage for the local living in what we do.
Again unless family is a deal breaker move. It sounds like from posts that your family out there is nothing you couldnt do long distance with so assume that susan has close relatives that are near by that you feel comfortable being near. Ask them for advice.
In all cases do it not out of desparation but adventure.

good luck,
thanx.
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Well said. You're fortunate to have been able to do that.
     Forget it. - (inthane-chan) - (27)
         Housing goes in cycles. - (Another Scott)
         at 3 months shy of the 50 been there my entire adult life - (boxley) - (1)
             Well said. You're fortunate to have been able to do that. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Note... - (ben_tilly) - (14)
             My wife's mother was 42 when she was born in 1961. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                 Re: My wife's mother was 42 when she was born in 1961. - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     They ain't called "tax deductions" for nothin' :) - (imqwerky) - (2)
                         Not in the UK, you don't. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Sux 2BU :-D -NT - (imqwerky)
                     Yup. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Teenagers shouldn't have to care for their parents, imho - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             People are living too long. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 lrpd 1-10 please -NT - (boxley)
                 ObCRC-ism: - (jb4) - (1)
                     Erg. - (Another Scott)
             On the coasts, rents & mortgages are no longer connected - (tonytib) - (2)
                 They are very much connected - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Partially right - (tonytib)
         What Box said - (pwhysall)
         Amy chimes in - (imqwerky)
         ? - (Another Scott) - (5)
             I know what the problem is. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                 what are the quals for psycologists in other states - (boxley) - (2)
                     Re: what are the quals for psycologists in other states - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         reason to stay for sure -NT - (boxley)
                 I assume you're deducting that interest. - (Another Scott)
         Dude - just buy something - (tuberculosis)

?
53 ms