than my paranoia screams, but if so, it will only be because of paragraph 9 re: successor licenses:
The Free Software Foundation may publish revised and/or new versions of the General Public License from time to time. Such new versions will be similar in spirit to the present version, but may differ in detail to address new problems or concerns.

Each version is given a distinguishing version number. If the Program specifies a version number of this License which applies to it and "any later version", you have the option of following the terms and conditions either of that version or of any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. If the Program does not specify a version number of this License, you may choose any version ever published by the Free Software Foundation.

IOW, if you get old versions of the software with v2 in the license when v3 comes out, they will be 'forkable' to new projects using the good v2 licensing.

I truly hope that won't be necessary though - I'd prefer to see the 'web services' clause mitigated by the time the license is released.