Take just one example, then - to see why oversimplification of the idea of a 'State' fails in 04, or any time:

KISS - never mind even 'in-State' redistribution [a real Biggie]:
"Redistribution of ("Our") wealth" - specifically in the bestowing of 'aid' upon other States on the planet: this is about bobbing and weaving in the leveraging of Our Power VS the combined Power of all others' -- so as to maintain that "5% using X% of It All". <<< THAT is the aim of Our State\ufffd, if you like Simple.

And since all States are entirely cynical in the employment of lofty phraseology and deadly euphemism - but mainly in pursuit of the above - nope, the need for bafflegab / shameless obfuscation of Obvious Intent: guarantees that such simplistic definitions of The State, as you prescribe

Fail.

Personally, I believe that no revisitation of the present US Constitution can effect 'improvement'; we must Preserve That from attacks by such as the Neoconmen / My Gramma, or see the chaos of unrestrained Vulture Capitalism destroy the entire operation, very possibly including nukes -- thus virtual termination for most.

We can't improve on the original because:
Language has been poisoned, and at an accelerating rate in past 2 decades. The poisoning is now epidemic. Judgment call whether or not Language can next -?- be revived.. from within an environment of creeping [and consequential-] dumbth. You know my guesstimate on that.

Nice word exercise, though. Helps save Language, I suppose. . .

moi