IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Employees Don't Have a Choice...
The bottom line orion, is that almost all of these people don't have a choice.

Some reasons:

1. This is a great job relative to what else they can get in their country. Some governments have policies that undesirable people should "disappear". That means that they are put in a place where no-one notices them until they starve to death. If you resist this treatment, you are killed.

2. Countries like North Korea jail a dissadent's family. The parents and grandparents are killed, and the children are forced to work in slave labor camps for no wages and little food. ABC News documented cases where goods were actually manufactured in camps like these by children in North Korea. The goods were exported to China, and labelled as "made in China", and then exported to the United States. So, the toys you buy lovingly for your kids, may actually be made by some kid that will starve to death in the next week.

3. India is growing a middle-class by educating a lot of people in computers and technology. India "got it" about 10 years ago, and started pouring funding into their University system to educate a large population of techies. Now India is getting the payoff of lots of new jobs, just as America's baby boomers come into their prime earning years. But, in India, you don't have the flexibility that you do here in the states to just quit a job and change. The government regulates a lot of stuff, probably even who you work for. Many of these kids may even owe college debts to the companies they work for.
Expand Edited by gdaustin Sept. 20, 2003, 09:36:17 AM EDT
Expand Edited by gdaustin Sept. 20, 2003, 09:36:55 AM EDT
New Boomers >>> THE. G.I. BILL. <<<
The assholes have Utterly Forgotten WHY they became

BOOMERS and not BUSTERS !!

And.. this youthful dementia shows: from Shrub on down to the same generation's CIEIO glut of mindless Greed-heads.

(As Billy and his ilk carry aloft the torch of self-ignition; we don't learn from past OR present.
I think that's called congenital Dumbth, as in Q.E.D.)
     Another take on the Man | Machine question - (Ashton) - (44)
         The Rise of the machines - (orion)
         This is probably a natural evolution. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             One doomed to failure - (orion)
         The absurd Progamme of Communist Party of Soviet Union - (Arkadiy) - (17)
             Different goals. - (inthane-chan) - (16)
                 The difference is in results - (Arkadiy) - (15)
                     Except this time real advances are being made. - (inthane-chan) - (7)
                         Perfect. - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                             Not quite true. - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                                 You assume that human behaviors are simple - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                                     Children working in factories - (orion) - (1)
                                         Another example - (JayMehaffey)
                                     Next step in chain - (JayMehaffey)
                                     I view any AI wishful thinking similarly.. - (Ashton)
                     Be judicious with "never". - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         I wonder if we'll have reverse immigration soon - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                             Now? - (mmoffitt)
                             Won't work - (orion)
                             Already here - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                 That's different . - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                     Americans will never do that. - (mmoffitt)
         Why automate? - (gdaustin) - (16)
             Not necessarily a low mark to reach. - (hnick) - (12)
                 It's the repetition that makes machines cost-effective. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                     Yeppers on that. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                         Printer assembly - (kmself) - (4)
                             Think about this for a minute.... - (gdaustin) - (3)
                                 I think that this forks into 2 different process streams - (hnick) - (2)
                                     Second Stream - (gdaustin) - (1)
                                         Heh.. Not the bus I was thinking of - (hnick)
                     But always in the narrow-trained Econ mind - - (Ashton) - (4)
                         I think you're thinking of Arundhati Roy - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Exactly - thanks. - (Ashton)
                         The problem - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                             In accord. - (Ashton)
             Why use third world country labor? - (orion) - (2)
                 Employees Don't Have a Choice... - (gdaustin) - (1)
                     Boomers >>> THE. G.I. BILL. <<< - (Ashton)
         Glacial change of social mores | Accelerated machines? - (Ashton)
         Player Piano - (tuberculosis)
         I've long thought something like that - (ben_tilly) - (3)
             Oh, I expect . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 (er IF not when) Shall attend thine enthronement Oh #1-ASIC -NT - (Ashton)
                 Re: Oh, I expect . . - (kmself)

I killed quite a few of my test rabbits when I first learned it.
128 ms