IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fritz Perls and the 'hotseat'
Was an Esalen denizen for a good while. I know someone who sat-in as he was at work (there were always many persons about). Took guts to sit in that seat. (My friend never did). Long ago read, In and Out of the Garbage Pail and maybe thumbed your ref.

(A friend and I -though not ever 'regulars'- put on Esalen's First 'computer workshop' - for Writers, natch. With a bunch of borrowed Osborne1s / WordStar. Some never got the concept of "a floppy disk" throughout; others went on within minutes, to write a short story and explore the Possibilities of: an endless supply of White-Out for emending, repositioning! Word-processors du jour like Wang - cost Thousands.. and shortly died, too)

Not much in the way of metaphysical answers from Fritz, but certainly one of the Best anti-BSers extant (once). If you *really* wanted to work on Your Hangups (through with blaming others) - Fritz was your cat-o-nine tales Guy.

Ashton
(regret I never 'saw' him; in days he was around there, I wasn't)

Edit - as to Jung: yes of course; omit the metaphysical, and all ya gets is another Cookbook. That doesn't make it any easier to deal with *That Idea* in (even special) language. But I keep coming back to notice what he must have grokked, to even try..
Expand Edited by Ashton Feb. 23, 2003, 02:25:25 AM EST
New Of course the hard part about Perls was ..

what a bastard he was in life - screwing his patients, leaving his wife & kids (fucked up). A downright selfish man with a giant ego.

Even many of his ideas were simple plagiarism. But, Getalt worked, & he manged to achieve his dream of becoming known as the founder/father of the Gestalt process (sure earned him unlimited sex with hippie girls in the 1970s, even into his old age - old prick managed to become known as the grand-dad of the hippie revolution).

He was so tight-arsed (aggressive anal retentive) that his biggest discomfort in later years was his constant affliction brough on by his bleeding piles.

Why is it so many 'greats' can be such kooks in real life.

Yes I envied the old prick. <grin>

Cheers Doug
     the back-in-college dream - (rcareaga) - (29)
         Mine is - (tuberculosis)
         One similar... - (folkert) - (26)
             Seems promising... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 I think it has alot to do with... - (folkert)
             ahem, no special significance - (boxley) - (21)
                 Re: ahem, no special significance - (rcareaga) - (20)
                     could be, I will have to dig out the fenichel - (boxley) - (19)
                         Re: could be, I will have to dig out the fenichel - (rcareaga) - (18)
                             my apologies then - (boxley)
                             Textbooks and Jung - (Ashton) - (16)
                                 on your thinking - (boxley) - (2)
                                     No particular quibbles - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         sleeping tight leads to bad personal habits:) -NT - (boxley)
                                 Re: Textbooks and Jung - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                     Theory on that universality (in the US) - (Ashton)
                                     Tend to agree re this - had probs with Jung & Freud interp - (dmarker) - (2)
                                         Fritz Perls and the 'hotseat' - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             Of course the hard part about Perls was .. - (dmarker)
                                     Dream theory - (boxley)
                                 "a concept of where 'thoughts' might come from" - (rcareaga) - (6)
                                     Fresh tofu. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Dennett - (rcareaga)
                                     Yeeeesss.... Dennett - (tseliot) - (3)
                                         trouble is I dont remember the boring parts much - (boxley) - (2)
                                             Some lyrics which are apropos :) - (tseliot) - (1)
                                                 Um.. we seem to have that dream, already__:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
             You shouldn't sleep with your dog, man. - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 BWAHAHA,,, funneee... - (folkert)
         What I always thought it meant - (drewk)

Sir, my point must have hit home, because your ego is leaking badly.
112 ms