IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New on your thinking
I am not sure how many jobs/gigs you have had but to those of us who move from contract to job to contract etc have a ramp up path at the beginning of a new gig. I personally find I really dont have a full handle on it until I start dreaming about the job. The subconcious mind working in its way to assimilate the info needed for the gig. The nakedness in public with unknown requirements could also just be anxiety about the waking state. How many times have each of us been suprised that an icon of thought once met, is dumber than a rock? This makes us nervous on how We are perceived.

Greg's shortness of breath made me think of the connection between seal state (see SIDS and Seals) and a dream that would kick him into wakefulness.

Extremely violent dreams often mean you arnt getting enough sex. ( insert your personal definition of enough here)

The dream state is important to the waking state whether precog (assembling random waking events into a coherent meaning) or as a rest from sanity. Being sane all the time will result in insanity.
A couple of burbles
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
\ufffdOmni Gaul Delenda est!\ufffd Ceasar
New No particular quibbles
with your summary - in fact it's a lot more coherent than ones I've encountered which began from less (actual experience) yet spawned a series of expen$ive 'text'books.

But..

(To oversimplify) I begin from a base assumption that ~"Most of what we 'know' is Wrong". On most all scales, that is - and particularly where ideas like God come in, freighted with the imaginations of millennia.

Yes, to me unarguably - there are connections among: today's events & fears/anxieties about those, the sigma of all previous (esp. recurrent situations), and dreamstate.. incl. how well (or not) we remember having been In that state. Lots of etc.s

So to me, there can be *no* wonderfully useful distillation of the above into a process. (Though it's occasionally helpful to try to find a model to hang it on, otherwise we can't grok any part of 'it'. We only know metaphor - it's the mind's machine/assembly language IMhO)

Finally, 'dreams' appear to me to be entirely intertwined with such ideas as one's 'being', awareness of that and.. then whatever one has finally come to understand. Homogenizing that-all is to me, a pointless exercise - though it provides many academic opportunities and will continue to do so.

As you are likely aware, there are many ancient and modern models which find little difference between the above 'dream states' and the 'waking dream-state'. The very Large word Reality is most often taken to be about "what one sees, experiences? in the waking dream-state".

When you reject that very-popular notion.. pop-psych dims to meaninglessness, except for the smarmy and cynical process of social engineering (most often for personal profit). I reject that notion, so you see - -

Cheers, sleep tight

Ashton
New sleeping tight leads to bad personal habits:)
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
\ufffdOmni Gaul Delenda est!\ufffd Ceasar
     the back-in-college dream - (rcareaga) - (29)
         Mine is - (tuberculosis)
         One similar... - (folkert) - (26)
             Seems promising... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 I think it has alot to do with... - (folkert)
             ahem, no special significance - (boxley) - (21)
                 Re: ahem, no special significance - (rcareaga) - (20)
                     could be, I will have to dig out the fenichel - (boxley) - (19)
                         Re: could be, I will have to dig out the fenichel - (rcareaga) - (18)
                             my apologies then - (boxley)
                             Textbooks and Jung - (Ashton) - (16)
                                 on your thinking - (boxley) - (2)
                                     No particular quibbles - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         sleeping tight leads to bad personal habits:) -NT - (boxley)
                                 Re: Textbooks and Jung - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                     Theory on that universality (in the US) - (Ashton)
                                     Tend to agree re this - had probs with Jung & Freud interp - (dmarker) - (2)
                                         Fritz Perls and the 'hotseat' - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             Of course the hard part about Perls was .. - (dmarker)
                                     Dream theory - (boxley)
                                 "a concept of where 'thoughts' might come from" - (rcareaga) - (6)
                                     Fresh tofu. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Dennett - (rcareaga)
                                     Yeeeesss.... Dennett - (tseliot) - (3)
                                         trouble is I dont remember the boring parts much - (boxley) - (2)
                                             Some lyrics which are apropos :) - (tseliot) - (1)
                                                 Um.. we seem to have that dream, already__:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
             You shouldn't sleep with your dog, man. - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 BWAHAHA,,, funneee... - (folkert)
         What I always thought it meant - (drewk)

Let the spreading of TV dinners on the roads begin!
57 ms