IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Timing issue?
This sounds like a front-side bus timing issue.

Most likely the machine shuts off if it thinks that the processor is without cooling. That's the first issue. Rebooting during heavy use might not be related - i.e. FSB timing issue.

Is the mobo rated for such a fast processor? How about the RAM?
-drl
New I think so.
Since the cpu is running at about 1250 mhz, and the board specs include that rating (and the bios accurately reports it, etc.) But I'm not sure.

I don't know about the ram. I wasn't aware that ram could be rated for processor speeds. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the question...
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Oh yes
The RAM has to match the front-side bus speed. This will really show up if you pop in a fast processor. There's no point of having a faster processor if the FSB can't keep up with it.

We tend to forget that a computer is a miracle of timing.
-drl
     Having the darndest time trying to troubleshoot this problem - (cwbrenn) - (49)
         Check the mounting holes on the MB - (folkert) - (33)
             Re: Check the mounting holes on the MB - (cwbrenn) - (32)
                 It could be the Current Draw with the BAD - (folkert) - (31)
                     Hehehe, glad you like it - (cwbrenn)
                     Yeah, try a BIOS upgrade. - (static) - (29)
                         Well, I tried updating the BIOS - (cwbrenn) - (28)
                             Updating the BIOS doesn't seem to work. - (cwbrenn) - (27)
                                 Try resetting the CMOS - (orion)
                                 That it's now reporting the CPU correctly is actually good. - (static) - (25)
                                     Or check the CPU fan - (orion) - (1)
                                         Well, the CPU fan/heat sink - (cwbrenn)
                                     But if it were a bad driver for one of the peripherals, - (cwbrenn) - (22)
                                         Not particularly... - (folkert) - (21)
                                             OK, the specs. - (cwbrenn) - (20)
                                                 Good... now onto... - (folkert) - (2)
                                                     ok, but... what is KNOPPIX? - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                                                         Well... _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Chris READ!!!!! - (folkert)
                                                 Windows XP hardware registration ... ick. - (static) - (16)
                                                     More information - (cwbrenn) - (15)
                                                         Ouchy.... - (folkert) - (13)
                                                             of cards and coolers... - (cwbrenn) - (12)
                                                                 Review the placement of each card - (Steven A S)
                                                                 On cooling... - (folkert) - (10)
                                                                     Re: On cooling... - (deSitter) - (9)
                                                                         I use airflow dynamics... - (folkert) - (3)
                                                                             "Airflow dynamics?" - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                                                                                 Uhhh.... *SHRUG* - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                     I can't help it - (cwbrenn)
                                                                         Add a component and it does work - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                                                             Ugh :) - (deSitter) - (3)
                                                                                 Huh? - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                                                     LMAO! - (inthane-chan)
                                                                                     Re: Huh? - (deSitter)
                                                         Check the IRQ->slot list in the m/b manual. - (static)
         Chris, I did not see mention of thermal compound. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Yeah, using Silver thermal compound - (cwbrenn)
         Timing issue? - (deSitter) - (2)
             I think so. - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                 Oh yes - (deSitter)
         Re: Having the darndest time trying to troubleshoot this pro - (JayMehaffey) - (9)
             Re: Having the darndest time trying to troubleshoot this pro - (cwbrenn) - (8)
                 They're different generation, so different T not unusual. - (Another Scott)
                 Odd - (JayMehaffey) - (6)
                     That's *very* hot. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         I'm very sure. - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                             Oh, nevermind. You were talking to Jay. :D - (cwbrenn)
                             Nothing to see. Move along. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         That is what it says - (JayMehaffey)
                     AHHH... YIKES... - (folkert)

Microphone check, microphone check. Can I get a check-up from the neck up?
65 ms