IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's entirely 'reasonable' to despise those who manipulate
a system contrived such that, the overall wealth of a group / country/ world - is manifestly concentrated so disproportionately as ~ 5% controlling >50% of It All.

(And that's the Compassion-ative lower US estimate; 4% holding 60% can easily be enumerated.) Numbers are just like religion - in terms of mass manipulation of emotions. And as malleable, we see. Manipulation be our Largest industry of paper-pushing VS actual umm honest? daily? 'work'.

And when such a trend exists, as currently - that the disparity also has a positive slope / It Grows: D'Oh!

There is nothing whatsoever 'human' within a spreadsheet - just logic and abstraction, always er 'interpreted' from personal agenda: from the GNP down to the beer money in the house budget

It's an endlessly fascinating game to parse the categories by year, locale yada yada - but the overall Fact remains, however intricately itemized, obfuscated and rationalized by the real Owners. Owners of: the media and well, most everything palpable + the TIME, energy 24/7 -- of a significant percent of the population.

More and more of the total is in Corporate not 'national infrastructure' / "the people"s hands, thus at least theoretical 'control'. What is 'owned' may be employed in any manner an individual (OK-BOD - guess who wins the vote) wants, including towards further hegemony via more effective power to manipulate. Exponential. As now.

(What % *here* do Not derive major sustenance from a local branch of a Corp? And work exactly 8 hours, never taking home that er problem? Or coming in weekends. Or staying over, because.. for 'free')

There are indicators of this trend and its acceleration all around. Have to recall from memory one ratio mentioned recently in a broadcast populated by dismal-scientists:

In ~ '50s, the ratio of wages/perks of a CEO VS average of employees (Of His company - it was always His in the '50s), compared with today:

30:1 then
450:1 today

Same discussion mentioned that in other countries - Japan was one - with big bucks, the ratios today are quite near the 30:1 figure. (Nothwithstanding a handful of International plunderers, who merely demonstrate the rise of Corporate ownership of ItAll, quite beyond just Murican shores).

It would be aberrant behavior of homo-saps indeed! - to ovinely 'accept' such disparity in the worth of one's er "daily labors" -- as it was aberrant previously to 'accept'

The Divine Right of Kings\ufffd
ie
Yes of Course! One Despises One's Oppressors!

(That we have developed an entire race of 'lawyers' and statutes as intricate as the failed source code for Windoze - to further expand and perpetuate this national con game - merely hides the mechanism which supports that perpetuity.)

And an 'economist', like an attorney, aided by the wonderful morphology of Any 'statistics' (pick what you want to measure and - we'll make it come out however you want) is the overall paradigm under which the 5% have a riskless guarantee of never (rarely!) becoming a part of the 95%.

Solutions to longest running shell-game of all?

Given technology and the spreading of insights about Who Rulez and How (?) ... perhaps the only er Final Solution shall be a culinary one - we so love gourmet fare..

Eat The Rich

Oh.. and as always - we shall dutifully elide the so homo-sappish hypocritical undertone; that desire for 'richness' / power over others' labors / Just Because You Can Get It:

Hey, if I can eat Your lunch, I'll get More. THAT will be OK with me, 'cause I go to the First Capitalist Church every Sunday and sometimes Wed. nite classes too.. for my MBA.

Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle..
New So you posit...
...that all those who attain wealth and success come from wealth and success...so they can manipulate their fortune? Either that...or they come in favor of those who have the wealth and power?

Interesting theory.

So...who's oppressing you?

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New 'All' is a rather large percentage
Need we dig up the genealogies re inherited power from previous, or wonder what sort of job the pres Pres might have - without that? Moneyed class inevitably preserves its hegemony - you doubt?

Dynasties. cf. Pharaoh, power, corruption, strife

What's clear is that a bias-level of $ attained, permits EZ aggrandizement which does not scale downwards. What we 'do' about that, as the process intensifies (?) probably determines the retirement date of the current Murican experiment.

(Too late to oppress me; blessed are those who expect nothing, for ... )

Will share recipes for The Rich, however. It's about culinary arts.

Ashton
Oppressive Societies Dismantlers Ltd.
(local currencies not accepted pre- or post- dismantling)
New Recipes?
Garlic is good on almost everything. Sadly, it would probably take more garlic than exists to cover the flavor of greed. Maybe a little paprika?
"When it crosses my mind to do something, I don't ask why, I ask why not. And usually there's no reason not to, so I just go ahead. It's given me the strangest collection of hats"
New Secret ingredient - 'gaul of dog'
(Thanks, Hecate - for the tip)

It masks the greed contamination, somewhat modifies the Righteousness odor and decidedly overshadows the sanctimonious aftertaste. Sweetbreads can be tasty too - if the catch is force-fed first \ufffd l\ufffd normal indecent goose-liver technique.

A wry touch, counter to the expensive viands as formed their bodies during a lifetime of rapacity - I like marinating in Thunderbird or similar 99\ufffd commodity such as we reserve for the unfortunates who er 'fall through the cracks' of our Advanced society.. Can actually see the liver shrivel a bit, from so unaccustomed a tincture.

Not much can be done for the 'game-y flavor' of the entrepreneur class; the heart has become fibroid of course - a natural byproduct of Harvard Social Darwinism 101. And the ink on $100 bills seems to penetrate about as well as DMSO. Sometimes a little peroxide helps 'take them to the cleaners'.

Excerpts from the unpublished addenda to,
To Serve Man Vol. XX
Available in Encarta format - Passport funds only.
New Ah, yes. The Hannibal Lecter school of cuisine.
Where the phrase "eat me" is best left unspoken.
"When it crosses my mind to do something, I don't ask why, I ask why not. And usually there's no reason not to, so I just go ahead. It's given me the strangest collection of hats"
New Not at all: The Golden Rule.
Those who have fed off of the labor, intentionally limited daily freedoms of others, for purely self-aggrandizement - become food in their turn.

It's the decent, the Christian, the Murican! Thing to Do. No?

(Mr. Lecter was compulsive and unselective. Big difference:
obsession is not dedication.)

Clearer?
New This one thankfully accepts your criticism and correction
See, humble is easy to do when your perfect in nearly every way.
New That is Right-attitude, Grasshopper - go thou and prosper.
:-\ufffd

I remain amazed.. now over decades - at the proliferation of Principles to Live-by, many mutually exclusive, but all Right and..
Uniquely-so (One Way only)
while contradicting...

Heh.. Reason and er logic - a distant simple sub-set, useful in the nursery but..

Ashton the Unsure
and damn proud of it
New This one thankfully accepts your criticism and correction
See, humble is easy to do when you're perfect in nearly every way.
     "Deja Vu all over again" - (mmoffitt) - (52)
         Deja deja vu all all over again - (screamer) - (3)
             49,000,000 - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Slight correction - (screamer) - (1)
                     TRUE? Would that be the new name of MORAL? :-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
         so you thought all that money was in a vault - (boxley) - (1)
             I know the money wasn't (isn't) in a vault. - (mmoffitt)
         massive irritation - (wharris2) - (45)
             I hear this a lot. - (mmoffitt) - (44)
                 Check your stats... - (bepatient) - (7)
                     Revisionist History I am familiar with. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         Heh.. - (bepatient) - (5)
                             Minor Nit. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 Not... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                     Sort of, but not Xactly. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         But giving credit to that.. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                             Disagree. - (mmoffitt)
                 slight OT but you think 72% is fair? -NT - (boxley) - (35)
                     Hell...why not 90...they're rich...they can afford it -NT - (bepatient) - (26)
                         trouble is dems think Im rich - (boxley) - (25)
                             Heh heh - (bepatient) - (24)
                                 Careful there with who you blame for the Marriage Penalty. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                     Part of tax simplification... - (bepatient) - (6)
                                         Same tired refrain: Nothing is a Republican's fault. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                             And yours is its all their fault... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                 Nope. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                     Now about Harry we can talk... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                         I can die tomorrow. We have common ground. - (mmoffitt)
                                                     Nicely said! -NT - (jb4)
                                 Careful on that as well... - (Simon_Jester) - (15)
                                     Well you don't see them... - (bepatient) - (14)
                                         But they *are* different - (DonRichards)
                                         Like it or not, government plans cost money... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                             Wow... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 Cough...fast and loose with the rules, eh? - (Simon_Jester)
                                         It's entirely 'reasonable' to despise those who manipulate - (Ashton) - (9)
                                             So you posit... - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                 'All' is a rather large percentage - (Ashton) - (7)
                                                     Recipes? - (DonRichards) - (6)
                                                         Secret ingredient - 'gaul of dog' - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                             Ah, yes. The Hannibal Lecter school of cuisine. - (DonRichards) - (4)
                                                                 Not at all: The Golden Rule. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                     This one thankfully accepts your criticism and correction - (DonRichards) - (1)
                                                                         That is Right-attitude, Grasshopper - go thou and prosper. - (Ashton)
                                                                     This one thankfully accepts your criticism and correction - (DonRichards)
                     Maybe. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                         The real issue is... - (bepatient) - (6)
                             Sorry. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                 Both on the same site...and its not Heritage. -NT - (bepatient) - (4)
                                     Sorry Part II - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                         You should have... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             I like Laffer - (DonRichards) - (1)
                                                 That was a pretty good one ;) -NT - (bepatient)

Must be what keeps your hair up.
144 ms