IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Huh?
So you really think that the occupation armies in East Germany were there to prevent American expansion?
No. They were to support a Soviet expansion.

The US troops in West Germany were there to prevent a Soviet expansion.

Ad nauseum... The Russians were brutally attacked twice in one century by Germany. They were surely there to keep Germany in check and set up the Eastern Block of Nations as a buffer zone against further Western European attacks... Hey, they even built a wall to keep Germany divided... or did you forget that too?
No. There were NOT there to keep Germany in check. They would NOT have been able to do so if they were. They were in the MIDDLE of NATO. It would have been simple to cut their supply lines.

No. The "Wall" was in BERLIN. It did NOT divide Germany. It divided a city IN Germany (more specifically, a city in EAST Germany).

Supplying West Berlin was a problem soon after it was divided. There is/was a memorial to that in West Berlin.

Okay, it seems that there are some basic facts lacking in your education. I would have guessed that from your position, though.

As per Kuwait, you don't give terms of surrender BEFORE you fight a war... enough said?
I did not say we did. Nor do you go to war because someone broke one of the conditions of surrender.

You write: "You are confusing your prejudices with "wisdom". Because you want YOUR genes to survive does NOT make you "right". That is what is known as "selfishness"." What an amusing quote from you.
Amusing AND accurate. I am amazing.

First, let me clue you in a little something... I couldn't give a smorgasbord about my genes surviving (even subconciously). What I cared about was getting laid. It worked. A child was conceived...
Bzzzztttt! Context shift! 10 yard penalty.

Reference to ORIGINAL post:
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=55508|Points on your points...]
Cool. You have a three year old son. That gives you some insight or wisdom?
To answer your question. Absofuckinglutely yes. When you have children (if you care about them), you are forced to think beyond your own lifetime - a form of insight, if you will. And if you think in terms of your children or your grandchildrens lifetimes, you view world history and world events as a series, a passion play in the grandest scale.

In reading for context, I make an observation that having children tends to give insight beyond my own lifetime to which you are trying to argue?
That "insight" is nothing more than "selfishness". Unless you don't care if your child is killed. Just as you don't seem to care if Iraqi children are killed, as long as your child has a ready supply of cheap oil.

How the fuck do you know if I am confusing "right" with sperm and selfishness... I mean YOU introduced those words.
No. I said you were confusing "wisdom" and/or "insight" with your selfish desire to supply your spawn with cheap oil.

I used the word INSIGHT, a word you obviously are not familiar with. Because I tend to use English a means of communication and not a "bot delivery mechanism" does that mean that I can't alliterate once in a while?
You can do whatever you like. And I will post the flaws in your "logic" as I see fit.

As I have done.
New nits and LMAO
Dude, did you ever leave Berlin? I was on border sites (THE FUCKING WALL) nowhere near Berlin... It ran the entire length of the country. And you are accusing me of not knowing basic facts. I could gloat for a long long time about this... But I won't :-)

The word Soviet expansion is meaningless in the context of WHY were the Russians there... We were there, immediately after the war to keep the Soviets from occupying all of Germany. Their was no NATO then (not until 1949 and a response to the Soviets refusal to leave areas occupied at the end of WWII)... The Soviets made it very clear that they would not tolerate the Germans rebuilding their army and attacking them again. So clear that they stayed in East Germany for almost 50 years. Which is why I used Germany as an example of how after "hot" wars that occupying armies are kept in defeated countries to keep them in line. "We (the US)" were there as an occupying army keeping the Russians from occupying all of Germany. But our sole focus was not on keeping Russian expansion in check... The territory that the US occupied was littered with US bases (that we both were stationed in) and our presence there ensured that the West German population not forget the "mistake" they made in WWII. There were no German army bases in my hometown, state or country... YMMV, but I found that many Germans resented us being there.

After the Gulf War, there was no occupying force left in Iraq - there could have been - we instead, chose to leave the country (militarily neutered and no longer a "threat") and put a UN sanctioned inspection program to make sure that Iraq did not try to rebuild it's military. In hindsight, this was a huge tactical mistake because the UN lacked any enforcement power and because the US policy after Bush left office did not insist that the UN enforce Iraq's terms of surrender. I know how you like to quibble, but I don't think much of what I have just written is quiballable...

I'll give you any other points you want because whether or not children gave me insight is subjective... Happy.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New WTF? Here are the PHOTOGRAPHS!
Dude, did you ever leave Berlin? I was on border sites (THE FUCKING WALL) nowhere near Berlin... It ran the entire length of the country.
Link. [link|http://www.vega.net/newbr1.jpg|Fences, not a wall.]

[link|http://www.vega.net/rospic2.jpg|Fences, not a wall (part 2).]

There was a wall in Berlin.

In some places on the border, there were walls, along most of it, only fences and guard towers.

And you are accusing me of not knowing basic facts. I could gloat for a long long time about this... But I won't :-)
I have provided photographic evidence to support my claims. Yes, you are ignorant of basic facts.

The word Soviet expansion is meaningless in the context of WHY were the Russians there... We were there, immediately after the war to keep the Soviets from occupying all of Germany.
As I said, we were there to stop the Soviets from expanding into Europe. Now you've said it also.

The Soviets made it very clear that they would not tolerate the Germans rebuilding their army and attacking them again. So clear that they stayed in East Germany for almost 50 years.
And they left because they felt that Germany would not attack them again? No. They left because the Soviet empire was falling.

Which is why I used Germany as an example of how after "hot" wars that occupying armies are kept in defeated countries to keep them in line.
Strange, the ORIGINAL bit was about us (the US) still being in Germany to, as you claimed, prevent the German army from rebuilding.

Now you've abandond that line and are claiming that the SOVIETS were the ones keeping the Germany army from rebuilding.

Note: The US is NOT the Soviet Union. Please record this fact for future reference.

"We (the US)" were there as an occupying army keeping the Russians from occupying all of Germany.
Again, that is what I, Brandioch had stated.

But our sole focus was not on keeping Russian expansion in check...
So you claim. And claim. And claim. Yet you offer no supporting material and you make completely false claims about the situation.

The territory that the US occupied was littered with US bases (that we both were stationed in) and our presence there ensured that the West German population not forget the "mistake" they made in WII.
"littered with US bases"? Are you saying that the US bases were there BEFORE we were? The only reason the "US bases" were there is to BASE US TROOPS OUT OF. If the US left Germany, the "US bases" would be cease to be "US bases".

And, again, you make a statement without support. I'm sure that having a military base there would remind them that they lost WWII.

But as a reminder of the "mistake" they made?

Check out the neo-nazi movement.

No. They were NOT intended as a reminder for the "mistake" the Germans made in WWII.

Again, you are so ignorant of BASIC FACTS that it would take YEARS to inform you.

And you'd fight it every step of the way.

Instead of wasting my time doing so, I will use you as I see fit.

EVERYONE! Screamer is an EXCELLENT example of the type of person who supports Bush's plans.

#1. Ignorant of basic facts.

#2. Ignorant of history.

#3. Ignorant of the role of the US military.

#4. And willfully so.
New I give up...
a fence? A fence with guards who would shoot anyone who dared cross... Are you really gonna parse this shit that far? I mean, I feel like I'm in a bad Monty Python skit. It's a wall... No! It's a fence... Does it separate a country? Not if it's only a fence. ad nauseum.

I believe that my points were valid. You disagree. Let's leave it alone for now.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New And now you go for the semantic play.
a fence? A fence with guards who would shoot anyone who dared cross... Are you really gonna parse this shit that far? I mean, I feel like I'm in a bad Monty Python skit. It's a wall... No! It's a fence... Does it separate a country? Not if it's only a fence. ad nauseum.
I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was dealing with someone so fucking mentally deficient that I had to provide a dictionary definition of "wall".

Allow me to refresh your memory for you.

[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=55523|And so it goes...]

They were surely there to keep Germany in check and set up the Eastern Block of Nations as a buffer zone against further Western European attacks... Hey, they even built a wall to keep Germany divided... or did you forget that too?
The fact of the matter is that you haven't got a CLUE about ANYTHING in Europe after WWII.

You THOUGHT that the wall extended along the entire border between East/West Germany.

Now you're trying to play semantic games when I've provided PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF that you are wrong.

You THOUGHT that the wall extended along the entire border BECAUSE YOU ARE SO FUCKING CLUELESS ABOUT HISTORY.

Let's recap.
You said:
Hey, they even built a wall to keep Germany divided... or did you forget that too?

I said:
No. The "Wall" was in BERLIN. It did NOT divide Germany. It divided a city IN Germany (more specifically, a city in EAST Germany).

You said:
Dude, did you ever leave Berlin? I was on border sites (THE FUCKING WALL) nowhere near Berlin... It ran the entire length of the country. And you are accusing me of not knowing basic facts. I could gloat for a long long time about this... But I won't :-)
So, the "wall" in Berlin means the same to you as the "wall" along the border?

I then provided PHOTOGRAPHS of the ACTUAL BORDER showing it was a FENCE and not a WALL.

You then said:

Again, the truth is that you have no fucking clue what you're talking about and you refuse to admit it.

And, like I said before, that is EXACTLY the kind of person who supports Bush in this matter.

Once again,

This is the Berlin WALL:
[link|http://www.vega.net/rospic3.jpg|Berlin wall]

This is the BORDER between East and West Germany:
[link|http://www.vega.net/newbr1.jpg|first]
[link|http://www.vega.net/rospic2.jpg|second]

And your NEW position is that you're right because you meant "fence with guard towers" when you said "wall".

So, you'd rather be thought an illiterate idiot than a clueless moron?

Naw. You're just a clueless moron who doesn't have the guts to admit that he was wrong and is trying to lie his way out of it by claiming that I'm being overly pedantic when I say that there wasn't a "wall" between East/West Germany when there was clearly a fence with guard towers.

In other words, a Bush supporter.

You and Marlowe should get along smashingly.
New OT: Easy on the ad hominem, please. 'Tis not necessary.
New Ad hominem attack against minor off topic point=par
for those keeping score.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: TIME FOR ALL OF US TO COOL IT - We all ...
come here in the hope we can learn. I have no doubt that you folk in the US are up to your eyeballs in the hype & bluster & pain of what is taking place.

Some of y'all truly believe that Iraq is a threat that only military action can solve - other of us fear what this admin's policies are doing to the world at large.

Let us all try to agree that emotions are running high & try to cool it - I for one promise to avoid putting the boot into opponents of my own views. I think that in balance we all mean well in our own ways. These are bad times for what was brought to a head on 9/11 & where it is leading us.

Cheers

Doug Marker

(Interesting bit of info - 2,400 died in the attack on Pearl Harbour - many more were killed on 9/11 - but lets us try to put 9/11 into perspective)
New Deal with it.
Said "minor off topic point" is, in fact, an indicator that Screamer does NOT have the background he claimed he had.

When presented with photographic evidence that contradicted his claimed experience, he retreated into semantic games (much the same as you do).

Of course you'd leap to his defense.

You are two peas in a pod.

I'm just surprised that Marlowe hasn't also jumped in. Maybe he will later.
New Lighten up
It wasn't a literal "iron curtain" either, but it was there. Wall, fence or curtain, the impediment to movement was there.
"A civilian gang of thieving lobbyists for the military industrial complex is running the White House. If to be against them is considered unpatriotic -- Hell, then call me a traitor."
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New That would be valid, except I provided a physical example.
It wasn't a literal "iron curtain" either, but it was there. Wall, fence or curtain, the impediment to movement was there.
I specifically pointed to the Berlin Wall.

Now, your "Iron Curtain" example would be valid if I had not referenced a physical wall. As I did. The Berlin Wall.

Or, if the Berlin Wall had only been a fence with guard towers.
New Note
I know screamer personally - he's anything but a chickenhawk like bogie. In fact he's rather liberal in the strict sense, i.e. liberTARIAN in the loose sense. He's not one to advocate global adventures. When he says he's concerned about Iraq, there MUST be a really good reason for him to think that way. So you needn't attack him, I'm sure he's plenty torn up over the whole matter as it is.

And you can take for gospel what he says - he has no reason to stretch the truth. If you two disagree, then it must be a matter of language and not fact.
-drl
New Rules for the home game...
Wall means wall...not barrier...not "fence with guard towers".

While they all meet the same "fitness for purpose"...they have a differing dictionairy definition and will invite a tirade of small minded language attempting to belittle the poster and invalidate the entire argument based upon vocabulary and not content.

And >you< will be guilty of playing semantic games...heh heh heh.

Richer than triple chocolate mousse

New That wasn't "ad hominem".
"ad hominem" is when a personal attack is used in place of a factual refutal.

He claimed that there was a wall extending along the East/West German border.

I provided photographic evidence that such was NOT the case.

He then tried to imply that the fault was mine because I did not accept his usage of "wall" to mean "fence with guard towers".

#1. There was no wall where he said there was one.

#2. Anyone who had been where he said he was, when he said he was there would have known that there was no wall there.

#3. Since anyone there, during that time, would have known that there was no wall there, that means that:
a. He wasn't there.
b. He can't tell a wall from a fence.

#4. Since he claimed he was there, and #2, then, he is not telling the truth.

#5. Someone who does not tell the truth is a (fill in the blank).

No. This wasn't an "ad hominem" attack.

This was defining his character based upon his behaviour in this discussion.

Cart before the horse.

His statement.
My factual refutation.
His semantic games.
My conclusion about his character.
New The semantic difference may not be the crux of that exchange
though. I have to second Ross that, Dan is hardly arguing from the mindset of the standard jingoistic rabble - nor is he of their ilk. Maybe you haven't ever talked with him; I have - so you are at a disadvantage in trying to discern his 'agenda'. I can't concur with his take on this situation, of course.

I believe (obv) that a decision to support the carte blanche this Admin has placed before the congress - is tantamount to congress' ceding its Constitutional authority. Illegally prima facie. I don't know what has brought Dan to believe that somehow the situation justifies such an extreme act, and to conceive that Iraq represents, on 10/10/02: that immediate threat to the US which is deemed "self defense" in its normal meaning. (For *that* is the ONLY situation in which we may both! be legitimate members of the UN *AND* unilaterally take bellicose action == we can't have that both ways)

But whatever Dan is, it isn't Yahoo IMhO. FWIW.

Ashton
New You missed the point of my post.
It's not necessary, nor appropriate IMHO, to use terms like "clueless moron" when debating with people here. It doesn't help your argument.

How you can say that that's not [link|http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=ad%20hominem|ad hominem] is beyond me.

Lighten up, please.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Simple, it was after I had provided the rebuttal.
It's not necessary, nor appropriate IMHO, to use terms like "clueless moron" when debating with people here. It doesn't help your argument.

How you can say that that's not ad hominem [*] is beyond me.

Ad hominem (from your link):
"Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason: Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents' motives."

Again, my conclusion about his character occured AFTER the debate.

I did NOT base my rebuttal of his claim upon his character.

I based it upon the photographic evidence that I provided.

He then retreated into semantic games about what he ACTUALLY meant when he said "wall".

From that exchange, I concluded that he was a liar.

Note, that is my conclusion from the exchange.

That is not a rebuttal of his position.

I rebutted his position with the photographs.

My conclusion as to his character occured AFTER the debate.

Therefore, not an "ad hominem" attack.

If I had based my rebuttal upon his being a liar, then it would be.
New Still missing the point:
It isn't necessary to call people clueless morons. Please. Keep it civil.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New So many things we do are not "necessary".
It isn't necessary to call people clueless morons. Please. Keep it civil.
Of course, my question would be whether it is "necessary" to identify someone who tells lies as a "liar".

And so forth.

It may not be necessary, but it is correct.
New And so it goes from the self-appointed knower of all things.

New What about the Hughes Loan?
..and - how about that WVa Senator - all by hisself!

Byrd + Constitution VS Bush Dynasty + Corporate

(OK - so it was no-conte$t.)
New ?
Yeah, that made sense here.

New Ashleigh Brilliant
In the end everything is related to everything else.
New I thought that...
...was called the Kevin Bacon game;)

New bzzt wrong conclusion
"No. There were NOT there to keep Germany in check. They would NOT have been able to do so if they were. They were in the MIDDLE of NATO. It would have been simple to cut their supply lines."
not hardly the american troops had battlefield nukes deployed to "stall" the advance until reinforcements could arrive from here. From 1945 to about 1965 the only thing keeping the sovs out of ALL of eaurope was the boom. Take away that slim advantage and numerical as well as tactical AT THAT TIME was on the Soviet side. The Soviets were not interested in marching into france, the internationale was doing that home grown in every country in eaurope as planned at the 1936 congress. The troops were stationed in germany to keep the fscking germans from boiling east again.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New I don't see where you disagree.
not hardly the american troops had battlefield nukes deployed to "stall" the advance until reinforcements could arrive from here. From 1945 to about 1965 the only thing keeping the sovs out of ALL of eaurope was the boom. Take away that slim advantage and numerical as well as tactical AT THAT TIME was on the Soviet side.
So, the US troops were deployed to prevent Soviet expansion? Isn't that what I said?

The troops were stationed in germany to keep the fscking germans from boiling east again.
You'll have to provide some support for this. So far, you've provided support for my claim that we didn't want the Soviets taking over Germany.

The reason the Soviets WANTED Germany was for the port in the Atlantic.
     Bush speech - Oh lawd - was hoping he could do better ... - (dmarker2) - (70)
         Actually I thought he did very well... - (Simon_Jester)
         No One Gives A Watty's Cheek - (deSitter) - (1)
             shouldnt that be watie?(rifles for) if bill was gonna lift - (boxley)
         What do you expect? He doesn't have any material. - (Brandioch) - (1)
             They made him an offer he couldn't refuse... - (jb4)
         Mr. President, you nailed it! - (Arkadiy) - (58)
             If Cuba had oil, these stupid analogies might - (screamer) - (57)
                 I've said it already - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                     Again, slight difference of opinion... - (screamer) - (4)
                         No tyranny? - (Arkadiy)
                         Are you REALLY that naive? - (jb4) - (1)
                             jb...be polite. - (Simon_Jester)
                         Um, you might want to look up "slant drilling". Kuwait did. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Incorrect. - (Brandioch) - (46)
                     Points on your points... - (screamer) - (45)
                         Re: Points on your points... - (deSitter) - (16)
                             Like I said. - (Brandioch)
                             The best answer I can give... - (screamer) - (14)
                                 Yeah I do know - (Silverlock) - (11)
                                     Anybody else here scared of their own government? - (inthane-chan) - (9)
                                         ditto - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                             Just by being labeled a "terrorist". - WRONG! - (mhuber)
                                         Re: Anybody else here scared of their own government? - (deSitter)
                                         Hopefully everybody - (JayMehaffey)
                                         Scared as in... - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                             I'll take "A", please. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                         Not scared - livid__ (but only once in a while) - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             Fear is a warning. - (inthane-chan)
                                         Re: Not of mine thank God, but alarmed at yours <grin> - (dmarker2)
                                     Yeah, my hands are raised too... - (screamer)
                                 Re: The best answer I can give... - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     Agreed - the decline is within - (Ashton)
                         Counters to your counters. - (Brandioch) - (27)
                             And so it goes... - (screamer) - (26)
                                 Huh? - (Brandioch) - (25)
                                     nits and LMAO - (screamer) - (22)
                                         WTF? Here are the PHOTOGRAPHS! - (Brandioch) - (21)
                                             I give up... - (screamer) - (20)
                                                 And now you go for the semantic play. - (Brandioch) - (19)
                                                     OT: Easy on the ad hominem, please. 'Tis not necessary. -NT - (Another Scott) - (18)
                                                         Ad hominem attack against minor off topic point=par - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                             Re: TIME FOR ALL OF US TO COOL IT - We all ... - (dmarker2)
                                                             Deal with it. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                 Lighten up - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                     That would be valid, except I provided a physical example. - (Brandioch)
                                                                 Note - (deSitter)
                                                                 Rules for the home game... - (bepatient)
                                                         That wasn't "ad hominem". - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                                             The semantic difference may not be the crux of that exchange - (Ashton)
                                                             You missed the point of my post. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                                 Simple, it was after I had provided the rebuttal. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                     Still missing the point: - (admin) - (6)
                                                                         So many things we do are not "necessary". - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                                                             And so it goes from the self-appointed knower of all things. -NT - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                 What about the Hughes Loan? - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                                     ? - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                         Ashleigh Brilliant - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                             I thought that... - (bepatient)
                                     bzzt wrong conclusion - (boxley) - (1)
                                         I don't see where you disagree. - (Brandioch)
                 Re: If Cuba had oil, these stupid analogies might - (deSitter) - (2)
                     Great site... Thanks for the link... - (screamer) - (1)
                         Re: Great site... Thanks for the link... - (deSitter)
                 BZZZT - "For The Children" - (mhuber)
         I for one am gratified... - (marlowe) - (5)
             Nucular(TM) - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                 Re: Nucular(TM) - (deSitter) - (3)
                     [cackle] - Our pResident's alter-ego: Slim Pickens w/hat -NT - (Ashton)
                     ROFL! I need to see that movie again. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Oh Yeah - (deSitter)

Just to be fair, there's no evidence he actually knows what happened in the 1800's.
122 ms