IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What do you expect? He doesn't have any material.
[link|http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/07/bush.iraq/index.html|CNN]

"If we know Saddam Hussein has dangerous weapons today -- and we do --does it makes any sense for the world to confront him as he grows stronger and develops even more dangerous weapons?" Bush asked, seemingly addressing those who have questioned his policy on Iraq.
All weapons are, by definition, "dangerous". Saddam could have a stick and it would still be a "dangerous" weapon.

If he wants to make his case, he needs to avoid the rhetoric and state the facts.

The president called on Saddam to disarm or said Iraq would face a world coalition led by the United States, forcing it to do so.
Hmmm, if by "world coalition" you mean "unilateral action by the US", I guess he could be correct. Isn't one of the PROBLEMS Bush is having that NO ONE ELSE (except for Blair) will follow him in this war?

"Approving this resolution does not mean that military action is imminent or unavoidable," Bush said, adding that the resolution signals that the United States speaks with "one voice."
But we don't. That's why there is debate on this very issue. If Bush wants a war, he has to go to Congress to get them to declare it. It's all written down. Simple instructions.

Even before the speech, Bush picked up some support Monday from House Majority Leader Dick Armey, who had questioned the wisdom of a U.S. attack.

"No American wants to go to war," Armey said. "But the president's proven leadership has shown that the conflict may be our only option to defend freedom."
"leadership"? Where? Afghanistan? We lost Osama. Hell, for the money we've invested in this "war" so far, we could have BOUGHT Afghanistan. The Iraqi army WAS the 4th best in the world. Afghanistan wasn't even rated.

Armey, R-Texas, said in August that a pre-emptive attack on Iraq would violate American principles. But after "a very intense, personal confrontation with the facts," he said Monday, he has concluded that Iraq poses a "clear and present" threat to the United States.
Right. I'm guessing it's more like "support Bush or lose the backing in your next election".

Because Iraqi gunners have fired on U.S. pilots patrolling the "no-fly" zones over northern and southern Iraq and Saddam is violating U.N. resolutions ending the 1991 Persian Gulf War, Armey said, "I don't see this as a pre-emptive action."
Repeat the lie often enough and people will believe it.

"Rather than hearing more about Saddam Hussein -- we knew enough about him -- what we need to hear from the president are answers to our questions about what he plans to do in Iraq," Byrd said. "We need to know why the president is demanding that Congress act now."
Bingo. Why is Iraq such a threat NOW? Also, what is our strategy for going into Iraq and GETTING BACK OUT.

Oh, sorry, there isn't an exit strategy. Once we're in, we're staying in.

Most Republicans have been solidly behind Bush. Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said the United States "cannot wait until we are sure Iraq has a nuclear weapon and is about to use it."
That is called "anarchy". And it isn't the good kind.

Bush has told the United Nations that if it does not act to enforce its resolutions requiring Iraq to give up weapons of mass destruction, the United States and its allies will.
Saddam is BAD for violating UN resolutions.

The US is GOOD because we don't follow UN resolutions.

Iraq denies having weapons of mass destruction. Its U.N. ambassador, Mohammed Aldouri, suggested Sunday his country could allow inspectors access even to the presidential sites not covered by last week's agreement with the U.N. weapons inspection team.
Okay, bad news for the US.

Saddam is SMARTER than Bush.

Bush is going to bet all of his credibility on this invasion and Saddam is going to let the inspectors walk any where they want to RIGHT BEFORE IT IS SCHEDULED.

Bush will look like an idiot because all of his claims of "weapons of mass destruction" will be shown to be excuses for an invasion to acquire control of the oil fields.
New They made him an offer he couldn't refuse...
Armey, R-Texas, said in August that a pre-emptive attack on Iraq would violate American principles. But after "a very intense, personal confrontation with the facts," he said Monday, he has concluded that Iraq poses a "clear and present" threat to the United States.
Right. I'm guessing it's more like "support Bush or lose the backing in your next election".

I'm sure the "facts" he had "and intense personal confrontation" with were exactly as you state...

*chuckle*

(Oh, you mean he should have confronted the facts about invading Iraq? C'mon...this isn't security we're talking about here...it's politics! Who you crappin'?
jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
     Bush speech - Oh lawd - was hoping he could do better ... - (dmarker2) - (70)
         Actually I thought he did very well... - (Simon_Jester)
         No One Gives A Watty's Cheek - (deSitter) - (1)
             shouldnt that be watie?(rifles for) if bill was gonna lift - (boxley)
         What do you expect? He doesn't have any material. - (Brandioch) - (1)
             They made him an offer he couldn't refuse... - (jb4)
         Mr. President, you nailed it! - (Arkadiy) - (58)
             If Cuba had oil, these stupid analogies might - (screamer) - (57)
                 I've said it already - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                     Again, slight difference of opinion... - (screamer) - (4)
                         No tyranny? - (Arkadiy)
                         Are you REALLY that naive? - (jb4) - (1)
                             jb...be polite. - (Simon_Jester)
                         Um, you might want to look up "slant drilling". Kuwait did. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Incorrect. - (Brandioch) - (46)
                     Points on your points... - (screamer) - (45)
                         Re: Points on your points... - (deSitter) - (16)
                             Like I said. - (Brandioch)
                             The best answer I can give... - (screamer) - (14)
                                 Yeah I do know - (Silverlock) - (11)
                                     Anybody else here scared of their own government? - (inthane-chan) - (9)
                                         ditto - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                             Just by being labeled a "terrorist". - WRONG! - (mhuber)
                                         Re: Anybody else here scared of their own government? - (deSitter)
                                         Hopefully everybody - (JayMehaffey)
                                         Scared as in... - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                             I'll take "A", please. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                         Not scared - livid__ (but only once in a while) - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             Fear is a warning. - (inthane-chan)
                                         Re: Not of mine thank God, but alarmed at yours <grin> - (dmarker2)
                                     Yeah, my hands are raised too... - (screamer)
                                 Re: The best answer I can give... - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     Agreed - the decline is within - (Ashton)
                         Counters to your counters. - (Brandioch) - (27)
                             And so it goes... - (screamer) - (26)
                                 Huh? - (Brandioch) - (25)
                                     nits and LMAO - (screamer) - (22)
                                         WTF? Here are the PHOTOGRAPHS! - (Brandioch) - (21)
                                             I give up... - (screamer) - (20)
                                                 And now you go for the semantic play. - (Brandioch) - (19)
                                                     OT: Easy on the ad hominem, please. 'Tis not necessary. -NT - (Another Scott) - (18)
                                                         Ad hominem attack against minor off topic point=par - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                             Re: TIME FOR ALL OF US TO COOL IT - We all ... - (dmarker2)
                                                             Deal with it. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                 Lighten up - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                     That would be valid, except I provided a physical example. - (Brandioch)
                                                                 Note - (deSitter)
                                                                 Rules for the home game... - (bepatient)
                                                         That wasn't "ad hominem". - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                                             The semantic difference may not be the crux of that exchange - (Ashton)
                                                             You missed the point of my post. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                                 Simple, it was after I had provided the rebuttal. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                     Still missing the point: - (admin) - (6)
                                                                         So many things we do are not "necessary". - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                                                             And so it goes from the self-appointed knower of all things. -NT - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                 What about the Hughes Loan? - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                                     ? - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                         Ashleigh Brilliant - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                             I thought that... - (bepatient)
                                     bzzt wrong conclusion - (boxley) - (1)
                                         I don't see where you disagree. - (Brandioch)
                 Re: If Cuba had oil, these stupid analogies might - (deSitter) - (2)
                     Great site... Thanks for the link... - (screamer) - (1)
                         Re: Great site... Thanks for the link... - (deSitter)
                 BZZZT - "For The Children" - (mhuber)
         I for one am gratified... - (marlowe) - (5)
             Nucular(TM) - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                 Re: Nucular(TM) - (deSitter) - (3)
                     [cackle] - Our pResident's alter-ego: Slim Pickens w/hat -NT - (Ashton)
                     ROFL! I need to see that movie again. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Oh Yeah - (deSitter)

Caveat emptor.
174 ms