IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: If Cuba had oil, these stupid analogies might
Blinded by the Right.

Containment worked for the USSR, right? It's working for China, right? Surely the latter is hardly a champion of freedom, no? Why not clean up that house? Because you know, one day we'll be fighting a war with them, and the sooner the better...

Why did we not excise Sadaam when the chance was offered in 1991? (Answer: Casualties might have dampened Republican chances in the '92 elections. As it turned out, they lost anyway.)

I would love to see a dead Sadaam. So kill him! Send people to do it in the night. Why do we need a general war to subdue such a defenseless tinhorn? (Answer: He's got a lot of oil we'd love to steal.)

What you are advocating is the first step in continuous war, as forms the backdrop of 1984.

And by the way, [link|http://www.nhgazette.com/chickenhawks.html|here] is the website of an "asshole", Steven Fowle. You can read his mini-bio [link|http://www.nhgazette.com/m_to_m.html|here]. Unlike Bush, Cheney, Brit Hume, Rush, Lee Greenwood, Tony Snow, Bill Bennett, Phil Gramm, Rudy G, and Bill O'Reilly, he was there, in person.
-drl
New Great site... Thanks for the link...
I don't think I am being blinded by the right however... You should know that's not usually something I succumb to. Anything's possible.

I have been giving this a lot of thought lately and have come to many of the same conclusions that the current administration has come to. At the time that Bush (HW) did not press on to Baghdad in '91, I thought it was the right call. Our main objective was to liberate Kuwait , which we did. The secondary objective, to destroy his military was only a partial success and the weapons inspectors were a compromise to appease "world opinion" about our intentions. I honestly believe that (HW) didn't plan on not being re-elected. During America's 8 year hiatus from world politics (the Clinton administration), Sadam was very busy.

Your points about a "post Sadam Iraq" and a policy of containment are quite valid. I am somewhat optimistic in that Iraq (the Iraqi people) since the Cradle of Civilization days , have been a progressive and "western friendly" culture. I know that statement is too broad, but I mean to say that this particular culture most probably does not wish to remain isolated from the rest of the world. Their history is too great and demands that they be a part of the world community. I would be very interested to know if the Iraqi people wish to be "liberated" from a tyrant. Would that sway "world opinion". How many tears has the world shed for the Taliban?

Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New Re: Great site... Thanks for the link...
The threat is not from Sadaam or any other particular regime - it's from a stolen or sold Russian nuke in some lone wolf's hands. The only way to root out these people is to make friends with the Russians and strengthen the intelligence services. And the latter requires INTELLIGENCE IN OFFICE. Bounding over the deserts of Iraq in tanks and hummers will accomplish NOTHING other than to make the bad guys hate us even more. We need to kill them in their hidden recesses, with great violence and disgrace, and without involving citizens or armies.

We would accomplish infinitely more by simply expelling illegal aliens and revoking temporary visas. Let them go home. Deport them. Get rid of them and keep them out. Apply a vigorous policy of religious and ethnic profiling. Require all Islamic organizations to undergo regular audits of their activities. Freedom of religion be damned - piss on religion!

Your "solution" will simply make everyone feel better, until the nuke is detonated in Washington or New York or Houston or Los Angeles. Then what? What happens when there are no more tinhorns to topple? Do we take over the whole world? When will stupid, bellicose paranoia have run its course?

We are in trouble because our leaders are dimwitted, bellicose fools. We will remain in danger as long as the dimwitted, bellicose public keeps electing these genetic mistakes.
-drl
     Bush speech - Oh lawd - was hoping he could do better ... - (dmarker2) - (70)
         Actually I thought he did very well... - (Simon_Jester)
         No One Gives A Watty's Cheek - (deSitter) - (1)
             shouldnt that be watie?(rifles for) if bill was gonna lift - (boxley)
         What do you expect? He doesn't have any material. - (Brandioch) - (1)
             They made him an offer he couldn't refuse... - (jb4)
         Mr. President, you nailed it! - (Arkadiy) - (58)
             If Cuba had oil, these stupid analogies might - (screamer) - (57)
                 I've said it already - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                     Again, slight difference of opinion... - (screamer) - (4)
                         No tyranny? - (Arkadiy)
                         Are you REALLY that naive? - (jb4) - (1)
                             jb...be polite. - (Simon_Jester)
                         Um, you might want to look up "slant drilling". Kuwait did. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Incorrect. - (Brandioch) - (46)
                     Points on your points... - (screamer) - (45)
                         Re: Points on your points... - (deSitter) - (16)
                             Like I said. - (Brandioch)
                             The best answer I can give... - (screamer) - (14)
                                 Yeah I do know - (Silverlock) - (11)
                                     Anybody else here scared of their own government? - (inthane-chan) - (9)
                                         ditto - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                             Just by being labeled a "terrorist". - WRONG! - (mhuber)
                                         Re: Anybody else here scared of their own government? - (deSitter)
                                         Hopefully everybody - (JayMehaffey)
                                         Scared as in... - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                             I'll take "A", please. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                         Not scared - livid__ (but only once in a while) - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             Fear is a warning. - (inthane-chan)
                                         Re: Not of mine thank God, but alarmed at yours <grin> - (dmarker2)
                                     Yeah, my hands are raised too... - (screamer)
                                 Re: The best answer I can give... - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     Agreed - the decline is within - (Ashton)
                         Counters to your counters. - (Brandioch) - (27)
                             And so it goes... - (screamer) - (26)
                                 Huh? - (Brandioch) - (25)
                                     nits and LMAO - (screamer) - (22)
                                         WTF? Here are the PHOTOGRAPHS! - (Brandioch) - (21)
                                             I give up... - (screamer) - (20)
                                                 And now you go for the semantic play. - (Brandioch) - (19)
                                                     OT: Easy on the ad hominem, please. 'Tis not necessary. -NT - (Another Scott) - (18)
                                                         Ad hominem attack against minor off topic point=par - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                             Re: TIME FOR ALL OF US TO COOL IT - We all ... - (dmarker2)
                                                             Deal with it. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                 Lighten up - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                     That would be valid, except I provided a physical example. - (Brandioch)
                                                                 Note - (deSitter)
                                                                 Rules for the home game... - (bepatient)
                                                         That wasn't "ad hominem". - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                                             The semantic difference may not be the crux of that exchange - (Ashton)
                                                             You missed the point of my post. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                                 Simple, it was after I had provided the rebuttal. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                     Still missing the point: - (admin) - (6)
                                                                         So many things we do are not "necessary". - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                                                             And so it goes from the self-appointed knower of all things. -NT - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                 What about the Hughes Loan? - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                                     ? - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                         Ashleigh Brilliant - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                             I thought that... - (bepatient)
                                     bzzt wrong conclusion - (boxley) - (1)
                                         I don't see where you disagree. - (Brandioch)
                 Re: If Cuba had oil, these stupid analogies might - (deSitter) - (2)
                     Great site... Thanks for the link... - (screamer) - (1)
                         Re: Great site... Thanks for the link... - (deSitter)
                 BZZZT - "For The Children" - (mhuber)
         I for one am gratified... - (marlowe) - (5)
             Nucular(TM) - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                 Re: Nucular(TM) - (deSitter) - (3)
                     [cackle] - Our pResident's alter-ego: Slim Pickens w/hat -NT - (Ashton)
                     ROFL! I need to see that movie again. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Oh Yeah - (deSitter)

Happy happy joy joy!
144 ms