IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Again, slight difference of opinion...
I understand your reservations but I do not think that your analogy holds true...

We have no intention of "annexing" Iraq as Iraq did with Kuwait. The President has repeatedly stated, "regieme change" as our ultimate goal. He even issued terms for the Iraqi generals last night. Assuming this to be true, your analogy about "becoming the tyrant" does not hold. Additionally, I think if we "explain to the world community that this is a continuation/follow up to the '91 Gulf War" that most of the world community will be appeased - not that it really matters what the world community "thinks" at any given time, seeing as how they are merely a group of self-serving autonomous entities as well.

And cutting through any politically correct crap, the reason Hussein wants to develop these weapons is to use them against Iran and /or Israel. Either of these targets would completely destablize the region and the world oil markets and lead to an even larger conflict.

As per Pakistan, India will be more than happy to take care of any "problems" in that region. If you look at the history, the Muslim expanse stopped flat when it hit present day India to the east and China to the north. I don't think it would take too long for India to move it's troups up into Kashmir (first :-) ) and then into Pakistan given the opportunity of a "civil war". This is what is called a self correcting mechanism?
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New No tyranny?
No, we don't intend to make Iraq a 51st state. But we (at least people who were talking at Senate hearings on the war) are awfully sure that new Iraqi governement will be friendlier to our oil companies than to French or Russian ones. Why would that be?

As to world community, I do not particularly care what Quadaffi or Anand thinks about us. But I do care when 150,000 people show up in London to protest our behavior half a world away. This is a bad sign. We're only "leading" the world as long as the world percieves us as going in the right direction. Change that, and we'll have to pull rather than lead.

About Pakistan. How long do you think it will take for bin Laden people in Pakistani intellegence service to fade into sunset with an A-bomb on a truck? I do not think that Indian troops will be there in time. And in any case, talk about destabilization. If we provoke India-Pakistan war, the world will curse us for the rest of the century.

I am not quite sure why Hussein wants an A-bomb. I do not think he will dare to use it at all, not until he himself is on the deathbed. And by then he will be losing grip anyway. As long as he intends to live a few more years, he'll keep his weapons to himself. There will be no country left for him to govern if he uses any WMDs, and he knows it.
We have only 2 things to worry about: That things will never get back to normal, and that they already have.
New Are you REALLY that naive?
We have no intention of "annexing" Iraq as Iraq did with Kuwait. The President has repeatedly stated, "regieme change" as our ultimate goal.

And what kind of regime do you expect it to be changed to? A regime "of the People, by the People, for the People" of Iraq? Who you crappin'! NO, it's to be a US puppet, a la the Shah, fully beholden to the US for its very existence, and..oh, yes, a very friendly "trading partner" for the vast Iraqi oil reserve.

Believe anything else, and you're simply a damn fool! (And exactly the kind of damn fool Karl Rove is looking for, too...)
jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
New jb...be polite.
Certainly we won't annex Iraq.

But on the flip side of the coin - the idea that we're going to liberate the Iraq people is a scary notion. The Sunnei and the Shiites (or so I've been told) don't exactly get along. Why do I suspect a major bloodletting (read civil war) the minute we remove the stablizing factor?

(These people don't exactly believe in democracy.)

So, we won't annex Iraq, but we will provide a "stablizing factor" -- you know, a peace keeping mission.

Exactly the same thing Bush blasted Clinton for in the debates, if you will recall. (And what he promised he wouldn't do.)
New Um, you might want to look up "slant drilling". Kuwait did.
     Bush speech - Oh lawd - was hoping he could do better ... - (dmarker2) - (70)
         Actually I thought he did very well... - (Simon_Jester)
         No One Gives A Watty's Cheek - (deSitter) - (1)
             shouldnt that be watie?(rifles for) if bill was gonna lift - (boxley)
         What do you expect? He doesn't have any material. - (Brandioch) - (1)
             They made him an offer he couldn't refuse... - (jb4)
         Mr. President, you nailed it! - (Arkadiy) - (58)
             If Cuba had oil, these stupid analogies might - (screamer) - (57)
                 I've said it already - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                     Again, slight difference of opinion... - (screamer) - (4)
                         No tyranny? - (Arkadiy)
                         Are you REALLY that naive? - (jb4) - (1)
                             jb...be polite. - (Simon_Jester)
                         Um, you might want to look up "slant drilling". Kuwait did. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Incorrect. - (Brandioch) - (46)
                     Points on your points... - (screamer) - (45)
                         Re: Points on your points... - (deSitter) - (16)
                             Like I said. - (Brandioch)
                             The best answer I can give... - (screamer) - (14)
                                 Yeah I do know - (Silverlock) - (11)
                                     Anybody else here scared of their own government? - (inthane-chan) - (9)
                                         ditto - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                             Just by being labeled a "terrorist". - WRONG! - (mhuber)
                                         Re: Anybody else here scared of their own government? - (deSitter)
                                         Hopefully everybody - (JayMehaffey)
                                         Scared as in... - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                             I'll take "A", please. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                         Not scared - livid__ (but only once in a while) - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             Fear is a warning. - (inthane-chan)
                                         Re: Not of mine thank God, but alarmed at yours <grin> - (dmarker2)
                                     Yeah, my hands are raised too... - (screamer)
                                 Re: The best answer I can give... - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     Agreed - the decline is within - (Ashton)
                         Counters to your counters. - (Brandioch) - (27)
                             And so it goes... - (screamer) - (26)
                                 Huh? - (Brandioch) - (25)
                                     nits and LMAO - (screamer) - (22)
                                         WTF? Here are the PHOTOGRAPHS! - (Brandioch) - (21)
                                             I give up... - (screamer) - (20)
                                                 And now you go for the semantic play. - (Brandioch) - (19)
                                                     OT: Easy on the ad hominem, please. 'Tis not necessary. -NT - (Another Scott) - (18)
                                                         Ad hominem attack against minor off topic point=par - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                             Re: TIME FOR ALL OF US TO COOL IT - We all ... - (dmarker2)
                                                             Deal with it. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                 Lighten up - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                     That would be valid, except I provided a physical example. - (Brandioch)
                                                                 Note - (deSitter)
                                                                 Rules for the home game... - (bepatient)
                                                         That wasn't "ad hominem". - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                                             The semantic difference may not be the crux of that exchange - (Ashton)
                                                             You missed the point of my post. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                                 Simple, it was after I had provided the rebuttal. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                     Still missing the point: - (admin) - (6)
                                                                         So many things we do are not "necessary". - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                                                             And so it goes from the self-appointed knower of all things. -NT - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                 What about the Hughes Loan? - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                                     ? - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                         Ashleigh Brilliant - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                             I thought that... - (bepatient)
                                     bzzt wrong conclusion - (boxley) - (1)
                                         I don't see where you disagree. - (Brandioch)
                 Re: If Cuba had oil, these stupid analogies might - (deSitter) - (2)
                     Great site... Thanks for the link... - (screamer) - (1)
                         Re: Great site... Thanks for the link... - (deSitter)
                 BZZZT - "For The Children" - (mhuber)
         I for one am gratified... - (marlowe) - (5)
             Nucular(TM) - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                 Re: Nucular(TM) - (deSitter) - (3)
                     [cackle] - Our pResident's alter-ego: Slim Pickens w/hat -NT - (Ashton)
                     ROFL! I need to see that movie again. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Oh Yeah - (deSitter)

With the mochas he was strong.
108 ms