IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New are you ready to take one now?
I am very comfortable waiting a year for issues to fall out of the process.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Bloody hell, yes.
It's a simple calculation. Risk of COVID > risk of vaccine side effects.

Also, more people vaccinated = pubs re-opening sooner.

Of course, it remains to be seen what happens when Bill Gates gets control of you via the 5G nano-machines, but hey ho.
New I am old enough to remember the first polio vaccines
A childhood friend got the disease from a flawed manufacturing process
I'll wait until the kinks are worked out
New Different type of vaccine
No live virus used, not even fragments. The vaccine is messenger RNA that has the body produce the spike protein (and only the spike protein) to give the immune system something to react to. You can't get COVID from these vaccines.

Also note: the vaccine took 2 days to create and it has been tested for over 10 months already.

Different type of vaccine, different process.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Still, it's good to be cautious and pay attention to the rollout.
E.g. https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-britain-vaccine/uk-warns-people-with-serious-allergies-to-avoid-pfizer-vaccine-after-two-adverse-reactions-idUSKBN28J1D1

Given the shambolic administration, it's fair to assume that the rollout to mere mortals will be hamhanded in the USA, at least until Biden's team gets a handle on it. It may be months before most of us have an opportunity to decide, and by then we should know much, much more about how the various vaccines work in normal (and not so normal) people.

tl;dr - almost nobody needs to decide right now.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Wise words, should be atop each vial of the nostrum(s)
Have experienced anaphylactoid--only once, ever. Fortunately I was familar with the implications and savvy to the exact term:
when I went to Emergency desk, I Used that word: Got Stat attention and an antihistamine [IIRC] blocker.
(Later ..wondered how I managed the 10+ mile drive, all things considered).

I tot this up with the escape from a failed Scuba-regulator, in ocean at La Jolla Cove, So-Cal--wayback.
Anaphylactoid *SHOCK* IS a killer (didn't do the search for its mechanism, the Time you have to get the detox, etc.)
(Besides, had the Web been as of today: just the time to peruse stuff) ..well, you know..
But verily I say unto thee: as of today, I'm still Here. more-or-less.

And time to celebrate the Chops of the boffins at Vincent Engineers, Stevenage LTD, for their perspicuity in having made a machine
--easily capable of offing the un-wary--in a trice, so well-mannered as to follow my every command, sans Surprises, Thanks! you Brits.
aka: I owe my persistence quite more to the genius of Others than, to any innate-Brilliance. {sigh}
New Jaded-LRPD: I've never used said feature, but the top Google results include words like "issues",
"errors", "problem", and "madness".

Admin! .. your sl[e]ight-of-hand here, looms Hyarge.. but punterrific anyway.
:-þ
New I told the story briefly here many years ago
…of my friend the nurse, who discovered to her surprise and dismay that she was violently and potentially lethally allergic to cucumbers. Fortunately this occurred in a hospital cafeteria—she was a young nurse trainee those many decades ago—so she was (A) among colleagues who instantly recognized the symptoms as her face turned scarlet, and (B) just happened to know where there was epinepherine to be had.

Regarding the vaccine, I read an account from someone in one of the clinical trials who, following the second dose, spent the next couple of days feeling like eight miles of exceedingly bad road, apparently experiencing all the known side effects, which fortunately is uncommon. I’m not looking forward to such an ordeal, but I am disposed to get the shot just as soon as CaesarCare makes it available sometime next year.

cordially,
New Yeah, likely moi too..
Demographics R-us.
As I've not tried the still circuitous route to a single Test, I presume that just One 'twinge'* leaves me still curious
if I have, indeed gotten? some few-hundred? -thousand? beasties within--yet still sans any other clue.

* n-Months past, I experienced a moment of nausea. BUT--first time ever--sans the urge to get-self next to
The Throne--the always expected next event.
(I have experienced neither first nor usually successive event in donkeys' years usually isolated from small children or dyspeptic 'adults')

I cannot count on Lucky, Lucky natch--but I do put out on porch a cup of cocoa periodically, should She come by
for a test of my er, gratitude? Be Prepared
Hmmm ..mayhap a cuppa on the Crumbling's neat veranda? Couldn't hurt..
(I once walked beside Maharishi--a physicist he was too!)--when he came by Work. Will welcome his Attaboys too,
if that works in meta-space ..and he had a Ticket
Expand Edited by Ashton Dec. 10, 2020, 04:49:32 AM EST
New No, but that's just because they're not offering it to me
If I were a first responder and on the list to get the vaccine in the first wave, bet your ass I'd be doing research on the current state of testing. But I'm damn sure those 55% percent aren't declining due to exhaustive research.

How do I know that? My daughter has a classmate (both are 9) whose father has told him that masks don't do any good, and it wouldn't matter anyway because kids who get it just get tired for a few days and then it's over. And he knows, because he's an EMT.

The consistency with which People Who Should Know Better™ will instead choose the consensus of their tribal affiliation is depressing.
--

Drew
New I think I could make money by offering a mask that stated
facial recognition does not work while wearing a mask
then hit the socials that anti mask protesters are useful idiots of the deep surveillance state
New Nice! ..give 'em a quandary to wrestle with, limply.
New That's very good! Please proceed with haste!
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New M's job has her's scheduled
Nurse in a nursing home, doesn't get any higher priority. Me on the other hand, I assume it'll be available at 6 months. At least M won't keep on bringing it home. Maybe. They're not sure if a vaccinated person can still carry and transmit.
New That's the big question
I saw someone suggest that instead of prioritizing those most likely to catch it, we should prioritize those most likely to transmit it. So all the college students and other idiots who you know aren't social distancing.

Then someone pointed out that we might keep them all from developing symptoms, but we don't know that we'd keep them from carrying. I really hope there's people who know what they're doing in charge by the time we start giving it out.
--

Drew
New NO. And I do mean NO! That is the *WRONG* group to immunize first.
Think about it. Who are the most likely to spread it? The anti-mask crowd. You want to protect idiots first? No. Just no.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Why not?
Suppose a vaccine prevents someone from carrying/spreading? Each dose given to a senior citizen saves one person. Each dose given to an idiot on their way to spring break saves 10 people.
--

Drew
New "Suppose" is doing WAY TOO MUCH heavy lifting.
There's no proof a vaccinated person cannot transmit the disease. If such were the case, you'd have an argument. As it is, all we know is that by vaccinating an idiot you'd be protecting an idiot whilst consuming a dose that's in terribly short supply.

So, again, no. Just NO.
bcnu,
Mikem

New You don't seem to understand how hypotheticals work
--

Drew
New A major problem with 'weighing' hypotheticals is surely: Today==when so much data is suppressed,
fabricated, outright politicized ..or just an [unknown-Unknown]. We Know this, by now.

The Mofos-in-Charege 'Live' via premeditated destruction of Language-itself. Hence perhaps this mini-thread?
I no magick for telling-the-Difference (either) ..since common-sense has become an embattled brain-sense.

'Ignorance is Truth', screenplay of >1/3 of 'Muricans; may they Rest in Eternal Anxiety, next.
     WTF is wrong with people? - (drook) - (21)
         That half is called "Republicans". -NT - (mmoffitt)
         are you ready to take one now? - (boxley) - (19)
             Bloody hell, yes. - (pwhysall) - (7)
                 I am old enough to remember the first polio vaccines - (boxley) - (6)
                     Different type of vaccine - (malraux) - (5)
                         Still, it's good to be cautious and pay attention to the rollout. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             Wise words, should be atop each vial of the nostrum(s) - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 Jaded-LRPD: I've never used said feature, but the top Google results include words like "issues", - (Ashton)
                                 I told the story briefly here many years ago - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                     Yeah, likely moi too.. - (Ashton)
             No, but that's just because they're not offering it to me - (drook) - (3)
                 I think I could make money by offering a mask that stated - (boxley) - (2)
                     Nice! ..give 'em a quandary to wrestle with, limply. -NT - (Ashton)
                     That's very good! Please proceed with haste! -NT - (mmoffitt)
             M's job has her's scheduled - (crazy) - (6)
                 That's the big question - (drook) - (5)
                     NO. And I do mean NO! That is the *WRONG* group to immunize first. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         Why not? - (drook) - (3)
                             "Suppose" is doing WAY TOO MUCH heavy lifting. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 You don't seem to understand how hypotheticals work -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                     A major problem with 'weighing' hypotheticals is surely: Today==when so much data is suppressed, - (Ashton)

Now that's what I call self-defecating humor.
285 ms