IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Serious question(s).
What's to keep Giant Global Finance Corp, LLC, from bringing US superstar in for that Q position and using said superstar to train a group of superstars in Mumbai to do said Q job for $15k a year? And said US superstar thereby cutting his own throat, and making himself unemployable in the future?

"Amazing resume, US superstar. Unfortunately, you're overqualified and we can't pay your rate. If we hired you, you'd just jump ship in a few months when something better came along. We can't afford to do that. Sorry."

?

Or is US superstar expected to make himself indispensable by doing everything in SuperQ that s/he creates and nobody else can understand? I thought indispensable people had to be fired by "sensible" management because they were too dangerous to the business's future?

?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Remember when I said we were one in a million?
Some fought me, others agreed. Whatever the number, a large percentage of them work in my industry.

So #1: There are NO superstars in this situation, they are ALL superstars, in both capability and general mentality. The barrier for entry is too damn high. That includes management and how they handle the "talent".

http://www.kx.com/q/d/kdb+1.htm

As Bt taught me, As want to work with As, B want to work with Cs. These people are As and they keep it that way. As are always in demand.

So, no worries on either side.
New Thanks.
     Job description - (crazy) - (36)
         yabbut Im tied up til the post stability bus throwing firing -NT - (boxley)
         Looks more like an ops position - (malraux) - (34)
             Sheesh. Do they work 140 hours a week?!?! -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Prolly 3 a day -NT - (folkert)
                 Nope - (crazy)
             Aw, cmon - (crazy) - (6)
                 hmmm, interesting - (boxley)
                 Serious question(s). - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Remember when I said we were one in a million? - (crazy) - (1)
                         Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Haven't used it - (malraux) - (1)
                     Cool - (crazy)
             Columnar? Is that table-oriented, eh? - (pwhysall) - (23)
                 rofl. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Now that is evil! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     I still e-mail with... - (folkert)
                 Well actually, no, it's the other way around: - (CRConrad) - (19)
                     Ahh, SAS - (crazy)
                     Technology from 1995 is "new fangled"? - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                         Yup, everything after ABBA split up is modern crap. - (CRConrad) - (16)
                             ABBA who? -NT - (folkert) - (14)
                                 the swedish millie vanillie wannabees /me flees! -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Milli Vanilli? Is that a new Starbucks drink? -NT - (folkert)
                                 ABBA, the one and only, obviously. - (CRConrad) - (11)
                                     question was ficitious... obviously -NT - (folkert) - (8)
                                         So was the answer, didja notice? :-) -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                             NO NEVAR! IN A BAHMILLION YEARS! -NT - (folkert) - (6)
                                                 Bah, just because none of the pickled... - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                                     Wow... - (folkert)
                                                     that was a gag? sheeit I ordered some -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                         Naah, quite serious--the only gag was mine, the bit about... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                             garlic sauce of course - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                 Yuk - the one spice that doesn't go with herring. - (CRConrad)
                                     I have some Abba on my phone - (crazy) - (1)
                                         How good that Her Majesty is amused. -NT - (CRConrad)
                             What goes around comes around... - (static)

tar -C /usr/local/dev/zope/import zxf lrpdisms.tar.gz
106 ms