IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Aw, cmon
> but learning to use it is a full time job.

Do you know it already, or have played with a variant? Please say no.

How about you see if you can get an educational copy. We'll have a little team/challenge exercise. We'll devote 3 hours a week for education, we'll come up with some type of test for each other, we'll help each other (see, I have a real motive) when we can't figure shit out, and we'll take a year.

Competitive study buddies.

At that point I'll have enough track record and experience to move big, and you'll have an easy high priced entry (write your own terms) with pretty much any org in the industry.
New hmmm, interesting
Q is entirely based on the notions of rewrite rules, reductions and irreducible expressions (also known as normal forms) pertaining to the term rewriting calculus.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Serious question(s).
What's to keep Giant Global Finance Corp, LLC, from bringing US superstar in for that Q position and using said superstar to train a group of superstars in Mumbai to do said Q job for $15k a year? And said US superstar thereby cutting his own throat, and making himself unemployable in the future?

"Amazing resume, US superstar. Unfortunately, you're overqualified and we can't pay your rate. If we hired you, you'd just jump ship in a few months when something better came along. We can't afford to do that. Sorry."

?

Or is US superstar expected to make himself indispensable by doing everything in SuperQ that s/he creates and nobody else can understand? I thought indispensable people had to be fired by "sensible" management because they were too dangerous to the business's future?

?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Remember when I said we were one in a million?
Some fought me, others agreed. Whatever the number, a large percentage of them work in my industry.

So #1: There are NO superstars in this situation, they are ALL superstars, in both capability and general mentality. The barrier for entry is too damn high. That includes management and how they handle the "talent".

http://www.kx.com/q/d/kdb+1.htm

As Bt taught me, As want to work with As, B want to work with Cs. These people are As and they keep it that way. As are always in demand.

So, no worries on either side.
New Thanks.
New Haven't used it
Just checked it out as a possible addition to the architecture.

I'll think about it.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Cool
Went to dinner here last night:
http://togrp.com/tog...tk-midtown/about/
No, I didn't pay.
We had a room in the back and continuous stream of mind blowing stuff.
Mmm, kobe beef.

I figure after I prove myself with python I'll move to kdb+/q.
Since you already have some trading background you will have a leg up.
And since we love python here, it'll be a double win for you.
Hmm, some type of python engine to generate q code.
Just a thought.

Went to 1st day of 2 day course python course yesterday.
Yum, generators. Now that is a nice time saver.
As I'm reading the docs, I keep on thinking of Modula.
And then the docs refer to Modula, saying the OO semantics are very close to it, but Guido rarely uses Modula terminology because so few people ever heard of it.

Expand Edited by crazy Oct. 10, 2013, 06:14:10 AM EDT
     Job description - (crazy) - (36)
         yabbut Im tied up til the post stability bus throwing firing -NT - (boxley)
         Looks more like an ops position - (malraux) - (34)
             Sheesh. Do they work 140 hours a week?!?! -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Prolly 3 a day -NT - (folkert)
                 Nope - (crazy)
             Aw, cmon - (crazy) - (6)
                 hmmm, interesting - (boxley)
                 Serious question(s). - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Remember when I said we were one in a million? - (crazy) - (1)
                         Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Haven't used it - (malraux) - (1)
                     Cool - (crazy)
             Columnar? Is that table-oriented, eh? - (pwhysall) - (23)
                 rofl. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Now that is evil! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     I still e-mail with... - (folkert)
                 Well actually, no, it's the other way around: - (CRConrad) - (19)
                     Ahh, SAS - (crazy)
                     Technology from 1995 is "new fangled"? - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                         Yup, everything after ABBA split up is modern crap. - (CRConrad) - (16)
                             ABBA who? -NT - (folkert) - (14)
                                 the swedish millie vanillie wannabees /me flees! -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Milli Vanilli? Is that a new Starbucks drink? -NT - (folkert)
                                 ABBA, the one and only, obviously. - (CRConrad) - (11)
                                     question was ficitious... obviously -NT - (folkert) - (8)
                                         So was the answer, didja notice? :-) -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                             NO NEVAR! IN A BAHMILLION YEARS! -NT - (folkert) - (6)
                                                 Bah, just because none of the pickled... - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                                     Wow... - (folkert)
                                                     that was a gag? sheeit I ordered some -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                         Naah, quite serious--the only gag was mine, the bit about... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                             garlic sauce of course - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                 Yuk - the one spice that doesn't go with herring. - (CRConrad)
                                     I have some Abba on my phone - (crazy) - (1)
                                         How good that Her Majesty is amused. -NT - (CRConrad)
                             What goes around comes around... - (static)

Today’s program has been sponsored by the physical act of gulping. For thousands of years, gulping has been there for human beings when they needed an expressive gesture of the throat. Whether you want to indicate nervousness about an upcoming test or appointment, fear of the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives in Your Home, or you just want to ingest milk faster than with regular swallowing, gulping is the way to go! Forget sweating, never mind shivering! Sneezing? Ugh! When you think physical actions, think gulping! Gulp now and receive a complimentary prize package, which will be conveniently buried in an unmarked spot somewhere in the Scrublands. Find it, and it’s yours!
252 ms