IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New project much?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New He doesn't have to, you channel.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Facts: Four simple questions. Five days now. That...
...adds up to: Squirm, squirm, squirm.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Re: Facts: Four simple questions. yes they are simple
as simple as "have you stopped beating your wife yet", predetermined to get the answer you desire, as I have mentioned before, I have your next meal swingin
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Difference is, they are relevant in this context, and not...
...logical fallacies like the parallel you're trying to make.

If they're "predetermined to get the answer [I] desire", then that's only because "the answer [I] desire" is the truth: You WERE WRONG to proudly proclaim "Their Quote" as in any way supportive of the *actual truthfulness* of the thesis of that quote -- your thesis. Or are you now trying to claim that that WAS actually a logically valid argument?

And the more you keep answering any old thing that comes to your mind but doesn't actually have much to do with that truth -- no, YOU suck MY dick, fuckwit! Now, how relevant(*) was that?!? -- in stead of just manning up and ADMIT that it was wrong to try to use that as an argument, the more evident it becomes this argument sucked. What THE FUCK are we supposed to call that, if not "squirming"?

---
(*): More fair, though: It is, after all, you who are in the wrong, not I, as evidenced by the fact that it is you who are doing all the squirming, not I. So start slurping, beeatch.
--
Christian R. Conrad

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New I was quoting the envoy who claimed it was so
you spend the next 20 years saying that one cannot quote a source for a position on a subject controlled by the quoted source.
that is too stupid to respond to. Whip it out and I will show you the other side
New Re: I was quoting the envoy who claimed it was so
http://health.usnews...-hospital-layoffs

Ron Stiver, senior vice president of engagement and public affairs for Indiana University Health, which plans to cut 800 employees, says the assertion that health care reform is the reason behind hospital cuts is "overly simplified." IU Health is making cuts partially because of the health law, he says, but also because the state has not expanded Medicaid, the hospital system has fewer inpatient volumes, and payment rates for its services have been declining.

Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn., plans to cut 1,000 positions, citing an aging population, lower reimbursement rates, a reduction in National Institutes of Health grant funding and a lack of Medicaid expansion in Tennessee.

In 2012 the Supreme Court ruled that state legislatures could opt out of increasing the number of people who are eligible for Medicaid, and North Carolina is one of 22 states that has done so, a decision that resulted in Vidant Pungo Hospital in Belhaven, N.C., closing down, according to hospital officials.

Democratic Congressman Charles Rangel from New York, the main sponsor of the health reform bill, says organizations have several other tools they could use to reduce costs, and that many businesses are blaming health reform for actions for which they don't want to take responsibility. "U.S. health costs have been the highest in the world, yet our quality measures were middling at best," he says. "While there is no doubt that [health reform] has helped slow health care cost growth, which is beneficial to both national and household budgets, there is nothing in the law that tells hospitals to reduce staff. The fact is that patients are paying less, not more, as a result of the [health law]."

The Office of the Actuary for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services predicted that decreases like these would occur, stating in a 2010 memo that by 2019 it expected hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and home health agencies would undergo a 15 percent reduction.

I blame Obummer.

:-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New am I allowed to quote Rangel? He is a dem
and how about The Office of the Actuary for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services?
"U.S. health costs have been the highest in the world, yet our quality measures were middling at best," he says. "While there is no doubt that [health reform] has helped slow health care cost growth, which is beneficial to both national and household budgets, there is nothing in the law that tells hospitals to reduce staff. The fact is that patients are paying less, not more, as a result of the [health law]."

The Office of the Actuary for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services predicted that decreases like these would occur, stating in a 2010 memo that by 2019 it expected hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and home health agencies would undergo a 15 percent reduction.
the law sez they will get 15% less money, So they use layoffs to recoup some of those losses. Somehow what these people are saying isn't true. Unpossible!
New Picking that apart
"... payment rates have been declining ..."

The "book" value for an ER visit - which no one except the uninsured is expected to actually pay - is increased by 25%. Insurance companies continue paying what they always have. The uninsured declare bankruptcy more often. Hospitals report "payment rates have been declining".

"... fewer inpatient volumes ..."

More procedures are being done outpatient because insurance companies won't pay for overnight stays on procedures that used to require them, because the book price of overnight stays has gone up so much.

"... state has not expanded Medicaid ..."

Republicans want Obama to fail, so they want healthcare reform to fail, so they take the least attractive option available under the law.

Yup, all Obamacare's fault.
--

Drew
New not for profit hospitals are republicans? good to know
New I only mentioned Republicans when addressing Medicaid
The state chose not to expand it. Not sure how not for profit hospitals made that decision for them.

And by the way, you do know "not for profit" is a sad joke when it comes to hospitals, right?
--

Drew
New not for profit means you dont have to pay taxes,
New Which has what to do with Republicans or Medicaid?
--

Drew
New Republicans, of course. ;0)
New BENGHAZI! ACORN! IRS! SOLYNDRA! etal...
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New SOLYNDRA got 1 billion for a small donation to Barry not bad
New You know that was Bush's program, right?
http://www.nydailyne...article-1.1154467

I even picked a source you may like, nice fellow that I am. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Right in the first line
... $535 million federal loan ...

That's not a billion. So even if you're going to try to hang ... something ... on Obama, your outrage is off by more than 85%.
--

Drew
New not the loan, the tax credits
http://washingtonexa...y/article/2536031
New Oh... to offset the...
More than $1B investors put in.

I get it. Replublicans always get their money.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New crony capitalism works both sides of the aisle
New the loan mods came after he left office
New Yes, in support of your claim that it *is* actually so.
Like this: "No, BOx, cigarettes aren't good for you." -- "Oh yes they are! Look: Philip Morris says cigarettes are good for your health!"

Your source being in the "health-care" BUSINESS does not, as you STILL seem to be imagining (How the...?!?), mean that they're a valid authority on the subject; on the contrary, it means anything they say is liable to be said in order to further their business interests, and therefore LESS likely to be true, not more.

Further: Was the discussion about universal health care, or was it about what the Cleveland Clinic thinks of universal health care? Yes, of course you can use what the Cleveland Clinic says as a valid source for what the Cleveland Clinic says... Which, as far as I can figure it out, seems to be what your "quote a source for a position on a subject controlled by the quoted source" gibberish means. But who gives a fuck?!? That was never the issue! The issue was, and still is, that you used -- you TRIED to use, until I called you on it -- the fact THAT the Cleveland Clinic said something as "proof" that WHAT you and the Cleveland Clinic said is true. It just isn't. THAT is the logical fallacy here.

And it's now been five days that you've refused to admit this simple incontrovertible fact. In stead, you're back to your original fallacy, claiming that what you quote is the actual quote of what they actually said, and I'm an idiot for arguing against that. Uh... No, BOx, I'm not an idiot. I know very well that you can quote the Cleveland Clinic as a valid source to the Cleveland Clinic's position on this (and any) subject; this is trivially true, and I never said otherwise. But we weren't discussing whether the Cleveland Clinic's position on the subject of universal health care that you reported is actually the Cleveland Clinic's genuine position on the subject of universal health care. That's a fucking given, ever since you first reported it. What we were discussing was in stead "But they're wrong, because..." vs "No, they're right, because..."; i.e, whether that reported position is a VALID position. In that discussion, "But they actually said it!" proves BUPKES.

Five days, culminating in that "one cannot quote a source for a position on a subject controlled by the quoted source" blather, umpteen reprises of "Have you stopped beating your wife yet? Hey, have you, eh?", and about as many of some convoluted fashion of saying "blow me" by way of some obscure Jack Nicholson quote. What the FUCK is that all, if not the very bloody text-book definition of squirming?

Squirm, squirm, squirm, squirm, squirm, squirm... You gonna start a new round, and come back here -- to the starting point -- again in another week's time? Go ahead, Weasel Boy. I'll be waiting for you.

Or man up and admit that "Their actual quote!" IS NOT proof of what that quote actually *says*. (My ten-year-old would have admitted that by day two, at the latest.)
--
Christian R. Conrad

New Re: Yes, in support of your claim that it *is* actually so.
What we were discussing was in stead "But they're wrong, because..." vs "No, they're right, because..."; i.e, whether that reported position is a VALID position
no, you are the wiggling squirmer who will accept zero possibility that the affordable care act is a law that has some expensive side effects that diliberately cause financial pain to those least able to afford it.
New The sub-thread I started from your "Their quote!" post is...
...about whether "Their quote!" is a valid argument. What you're trying to wriggle it into here is a subject for some other branch of this discussion -- my poor little brain is too single-track to be able to go on before you've answered the four little questions (about the argument's validity, remember?) I asked you going on six days ago.

Also, since it was I who questioned you, logically I CANNOT be the one who is squirming here. You, OTOH... Well, what do you think the post I'm replying to here looks like?
--
Christian R. Conrad

New looks like some one is not going to take troll bait
while your post looks like a nightcrawler evading a crappie
New Oh lovely: More squirming, *and* it's in gibberish.
New Oh, the english speaker wh has never gone fishing? neat
New What's it now, six days?
New don't hold your breath
New Right you are, Greg; thanks, fixed.
So, after EIGHT days now, you still haven't answered these four little questions, Bill:

* Do you, or do you not, know that fat-cat capitalists like to cut down on wages to increase their own profits?

* Have you, or have you not, often opined to that effect here?

* Are American entrepreneurs and CxO-level executives, or are they not, just as prone to lie as you or I, or for that matter as President Obama?

* So is "Their Own Quote!", or is it not, fucking useless as an argument when it comes to establishing the _truth_ of that quote?

I mean, come on: It's one thing to be slow-witted, but this is on another scale entirely... Answers on a postcard, please. (And no, we won't be blaming the evil gubmint-run US Mail for how late they are, now will we...?)

EIGHT days. Why won't you answer? What's _wrong_ with these questions?!? And no, they're NOT unanswerable logical fallacies like "Have you quit beating your wife yet?". They're each and every one of them open to perfectly valid "Yes" answers, and equally open to perfectly valid "No" answers (only not if one at the same time wants to make other and logically opposed claims). In fact, I think I know what's wrong: If you answer them honestly, in the affirmative on all four as we all know to be the case, they logically demonstrate that your argument was bad, wrong, invalid.

SO WHAT!? Are you REALLY not man enough to say "Yup, got me there, I was wrong.", even when it's so obvious to everyone anyway that you were? Why not? Do you think your obstinacy makes you look bigger, or more in the right? One would think you'd realise it only makes you look worse the longer it goes on; that the best thing would be to get it over with and ADMIT YOU _W_E_R_E_ _W_R_O_N_G_.

Or do you have yet another reason to defend your silly "Their quote!" argument? Stay tuned, folks, for another exciting week of BOxlish squirm-dancing! To be continued...(?)
Expand Edited by CRConrad Sept. 27, 2013, 09:14:57 AM EDT
New Thanks for fixing it.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
Expand Edited by folkert Sept. 28, 2013, 03:25:08 PM EDT
New Stubborn is as stubborn does (rocks are ... like that, too)
New Re: Right you are, Greg; thanks, fixed.
* Do you, or do you not, know that fat-cat capitalists like to cut down on wages to increase their own profits?
* Do you, iclude AFLCIO SEIU and other Unions who dislike the law as well?

* I have expressed an opinion on many things both pro and con on corporate governance in the market place.

* Are American entrepreneurs and CxO-level executives, or are they not, just as prone to lie as you or I, or for that matter as President Obama?

* Preident Obama does in fact lie as much to the American people as CxO level executives, why should I answer a question that is immaterial to the discussion?

* So is "Their Own Quote!", or is it not, fucking useless as an argument when it comes to establishing the _truth_ of that quote?

* If Obama and his minions lie as much as corporate exec's then quoting the government's opinion of the law is just as fucking useless as quoting chief execs on the effect of the law. So anythig you opine from the side of the impositioner in Chief is a fucking lie and useless in advancing your argument.
Anything else I can help you understand today?

New Ah.. the Everything-depends<-on->everything-Else.. ploy.
New that depends
Expand Edited by boxley Sept. 28, 2013, 07:09:46 PM EDT
New rofl.
New Is the concept "yes or no" really that difficult?
New : Is the concept "not using a logical fallacy" hard for you?
New Reading is apparently too hard for you: NOT a fallacy.
As I explained several days ago.
--
Christian R. Conrad

New deductive fallacy is the formal name for your questions
New Explain as if I were ten: How, exactly, are they so?
When you try to explain it in simple terms you'll probably see that they aren't.
--
Christian R. Conrad

New Re: Explain as if I were ten: How, exactly, are they so?
you started with
It's not like they'd love to have somebody else to shift the blame onto when they cut down on staff, now is it? Oh, sorry, I forgot -- they're not Obama, and of course everyone but him always tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! Holy *shee-ittt*, man, are you REALLY so stupid that you believe "their quote" is in any way a valid argument?!?

lets see, assertion followed by invalidation of any argument but your own, classic definition
New That's not the argument we were arguing about, now is it?
That's the short version, and since you didn't seem to understand that, I expanded it into the more-easily-followed four questions you've been avoiding -- in this thread that is directly descended from them -- for eight days now. Explain slowly how THEY are "a logical fallacy" and akin to "have you quit beating your wife yet", and then maybe we'll be able to get back to this more compact version.

You don't get to skip any steps; you're too much of a squirmer for that, you'd only try to take advantage. (Now surely you can't deny that THAT is a reasonable caution, given how long this has taken and we've STILL not got any answers from you?)
--
Christian R. Conrad

New Right, timeout
This is doing my head in.

Can you two please restate your positions, preferably in a new thread, because I'm fucking lost, here.
New no, we are still right shifting and there is no argument
New Re: That's not the argument we were arguing about, now is it
assertion followed by logical fsllacy
not to you logical fallacy
answered several posts up

assertion followed by logical fallacy from the assertion
New Dude ...
The first you have the slightest bit of a point. Yes, as phrased it assumes that "fat-cat capitalists like to cut down on wages to increase their own profits". Instead of criticizing the form of the question you could say whether you believe that assumption is true or false.

The second, okay, someone would have to dig through your posts for an example. Won't change the outcome though.

The third, your answer seems to be, "If politicians and business leaders are equally guilty of lying, you can't call business leaders on it." Which doesn't address the specific question of whether you believe business leaders do, in fact, lie as much as politicians.

The fourth, that's not an assertion it's a question. Yes, it clearly is based on the belief that the answer is obvious, but if you think it's not you could say "no". Then of course you can explain why their quote is useful in establishing the truth of their position.
--

Drew
New You are doing his work for him!
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New Naah, relax, Greg -- DrooK's doing *my* job for *me*.
New why should I support his logical fallacies?
New Which ones? I don't see any, as I just explained.
Repeating yourself doesn't clarify anything.
--

Drew
New A learning experience is one of those things that says,
"You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."
-- Douglas Adams
New Re: Which ones? I don't see any, as I just explained.
The first you have the slightest bit of a point. Yes, as phrased it assumes that "fat-cat capitalists like to cut down on wages to increase their own profits". Instead of criticizing the form of the question you could say whether you believe that assumption is true or false.
Why should I answer a construct based on an assuption followed by a forced conclusion? You claim you cant see that. No issues

The second, okay, someone would have to dig through your posts for an example. Won't change the outcome though. Out of scope

The third, your answer seems to be, "If politicians and business leaders are equally guilty of lying, you can't call business leaders on it." Which doesn't address the specific question of whether you believe business leaders do, in fact, lie as much as politicians.
Why, in the above statement you don't
accept that there is an assertion but insist I either support or explain why I don't support the assertion.
The fourth, that's not an assertion it's a question. Yes, it clearly is based on the belief that the answer is obvious, but if you think it's not you could say "no". Then of course you can explain why their quote is useful in establishing the truth of their position.
bolded part is a classic forced conclution such as "when did you stop beating your wife"
New Fine
You want to focus on the form of the questions. Maybe if I restate them we can address the content:

1. Would you say business leaders never/rarely/sometimes/frequently/always reduce salaries if they believe it will boost profits?

2. Would you say business leaders in general are more or less truthful than politicians? If "about the same", are the two groups in general more often honest or more often dishonest?

3. Would you say official statements of a company's position made by their executives and/or official spokespeople are more likely to be an accurate reflection of their behind-closed-doors position, calculated to portray the company in the most positive light, or something else?

I'm trying really hard to put these as neutrally as I can. If you think I'm still assuming the conclusion, please show how you would ask those questions without assuming the answer.
--

Drew
New Re: Fine
1. Would you say business leaders never/rarely/sometimes/frequently/always reduce salaries if they believe it will boost profits?
only if it will keep production and quality of the product at the same or better than before staff cuts. Assuming that they understand the business process.

2. Would you say business leaders in general are more or less truthful than politicians? If "about the same", are the two groups in general more often honest or more often dishonest?
about the same when it comes to defending their own interests.

3. Would you say official statements of a company's position made by their executives and/or official spokespeople are more likely to be an accurate reflection of their behind-closed-doors position, calculated to portray the company in the most positive light, or something else?
Any public statement of a publically traded company has to accurately portray what can be proved to public oversight such as the SEC FCC etc. They are also beholden to their stockholders who are inclined to sue if false statements are made by senior management. In the case of a privately held label they need to take care of their brand so also must be careful when they are making public statements. The same measures of veracity do not apply to government officials to whom their supporters will believe any thing they say, they opponants will always believe that they are being facile in their statements.

New Finally
Twelve days of pulling teeth and you finally deign to address the content of the questions. And guess what? It's not just about you opposing the other side because they're on the other side, you actually have a position that I can disagree with. (Two of them, actually.)

only if it will keep production and quality of the product at the same or better than before staff cuts. Assuming that they understand the business process.
First, I've seen plenty of examples where CEOs don't seem to understand the business process of the companies they're running. But beyond that, I suspect most of them don't give a shit about the quality of the product, so long as it keeps selling. And both driving your competition out of business and a good ad campaign can be cheaper than improving your quality.

Any public statement of a publically traded company has to accurately portray what can be proved to public oversight such as the SEC FCC etc.
More like what can't be disproved. And when it comes to the SEC, the difference between those two is HUGE.
They are also beholden to their stockholders who are inclined to sue if false statements are made by senior management. [snip] The same measures of veracity do not apply to government officials to whom their supporters will believe any thing they say, they opponants will always believe that they are being facile in their statements.
So it's not that business leaders are more or less honest than politicians, it's that voters are more gullible than stockholders? The only way to make any sense of that is if you believe that having enough money to be a stockholder proves you are smarter than people who don't invest in stocks.

So, your two positions seem to be:

1. Corporate executives and spokespeople must be telling the truth about why they do what they do because the SEC tells them to.

2. Stockholders are smarter than voters.
--

Drew
New not finally at all
you did not demand yes or no answers
and I note you immediately used my answers to construct 2 positions you know damn well are not mine and assign them to me
New No, I don't know that
That's what you said. If that's not what you meant, say something else.

[edit]

Longer:
A sense of the sacred makes effective action easier, by simplifying all decision-making. When there is a healthy sense of the sacred around work being done, ideas tend to be evaluated based first on whether they come from people in the tribe (those who share your sense of the sacred and can therefore be trusted completely) and next by whether or not they understand and respect operating distinctions between the sacred and profane. People who pass the “one of us” and sacred/profane tests get a free pass to argue informally with a lowered level of rigor, while those who don’t face unreasonable burdens of proof before being heard. To use Daniel Kahnemann’s terms, insiders can get away with System 1 thinking (loose, fast and associative/narrative), while outsiders are required to prove their points with System 2 thinking (tight, slow and deliberative).

http://www.ribbonfar...th-in-consulting/

This just came up in my feed reader today, and seems relevant to this thread. It's clear that we're arguing from different premises, and I've been trying to figure out what you hold sacred. At first glance it seems like your premise is that business leaders are more trustworthy than politicians, or at least no worse.

When challenged on that you (eventually) say that it's not that they're inherently more honest, they are simply acting rationally within an environment where they have more constraints on what they can say.

That's the "sacred" idea that I disagree with. I don't think that the SEC is an effective counterweight to the extraordinary financial gain available via gaming the system. And I don't think that stockholders are generally better-informed or more willing (or able) to vote out a CEO than voters are to vote out a politician. Further, I believe business leaders also don't think the SEC is a viable thread.

But you could show me that I'm wrong. There are 535 members of Congress and 500 Fortune 500 CEOs. In the last 25 years, how many CEOs have been voted out of power by stockholders? How many congressmen lost reelection bids? How many CEOs sanctioned or imprisoned for SEC violations? How many congressmen expelled or imprisoned for impropriety?
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Oct. 2, 2013, 11:24:07 AM EDT
New Beyond the Call of Duty: +11
Nice metaphor.. better than Nice, actually..
This thread has been Boehner/profane -VS- every attempt to *find out W.T.F. Box [thinks? he..] Stands for/against. (Hell, on damn-near Every topic: that.)

As in:
* In all those years ... ... I never/Ever got a reply from Beep, to the simple (but not simplistic) Question:
Er, just what Is It that (you) 'Want to Conserve' ??

Will take Sacred over gaming-the-System-of-Language.. every time:-/
Punctiliousness in small details of Boolean: belongs in *nix script-writing, not in clear expository writing-composition.
New late but will try to answer
This just came up in my feed reader today, and seems relevant to this thread. It's clear that we're arguing from different premises, and I've been trying to figure out what you hold sacred. At first glance it seems like your premise is that business leaders are more trustworthy than politicians, or at least no worse.

When challenged on that you (eventually) say that it's not that they're inherently more honest, they are simply acting rationally within an environment where they have more constraints on what they can say.

That's the "sacred" idea that I disagree with. I don't think that the SEC is an effective counterweight to the extraordinary financial gain available via gaming the system. And I don't think that stockholders are generally better-informed or more willing (or able) to vote out a CEO than voters are to vote out a politician. Further, I believe business leaders also don't think the SEC is a viable thread.

But you could show me that I'm wrong. There are 535 members of Congress and 500 Fortune 500 CEOs. In the last 25 years, how many CEOs have been voted out of power by stockholders? How many congressmen lost reelection bids? How many CEOs sanctioned or imprisoned for SEC violations? How many congressmen expelled or imprisoned for impropriety?
fully agree that the SEC is an effective counterweight. Many stckholders are also corporations, unions, government entities, and other groups of people banded together to increase their investments.
Voters are individual humans. As opined by many here, the tea party are sub humans, to others the Obama phone, Obama pays my mortgage and car payment crew, and those who think that a democratic Ohio poll worker who voted for 6 other people didn't commit voter fraud are individuals.
Balmer screaming that apple sucks doesn't rattle apple shareholders. Shareholders who quietly state that bill gates needs to be replaced rattles microsoft shareholders. We are talking two different dynamics here. Shareholders are not individuals, voters are.It's not who is more sacred, I have been eating sacred cows for years, its not a tribal thing, its a "ware all who claim to be YOUR advocate, and check your wallet and count your fingers when shaking hands"
Now you may firmly believe that the affordable care act is business neutral and any moves by business to use that ruse to cut worker pay and benefits to better the bottom line is fine, you are entitled to that opinion.
Your opinion is not a fact.
The historical record in the last century has lots of examples where declaring two classes of workers one of whom is protected by all kinds of law and one who is not being disasterous for the working class. The democratic party insisted that the law go forth as is, in that fashion. Now a few years later you declare "republicansdidit" not really, it was passed by a democratically controlled house and a democratically controlled senate.
Expand Edited by boxley Oct. 3, 2013, 01:19:42 AM EDT
New Could you try that in the day-time, and in English, please?
New You sound just as brilliant as a stuck record
New "I know you are but what am I?"
Guess we've found your level of argument: 8-year-old.
--

Drew
New Ha!
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
     3k more jobs lost due to the affordable care act - (boxley) - (132)
         Re: 3k more jobs lost due to the affordable care act - (Another Scott) - (5)
             their quote, ignore it if you want -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                 Heh. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Re: Heh. - (boxley) - (1)
                         Um, we've been under the Sequester for quite a while... -NT - (Another Scott)
                 And they are of course guaranteed to tell the truth. - (CRConrad)
         Take the Cleveland Clinic with a grain of salt (f the AHA) - (hnick) - (1)
             Thanks for the skinny. Appreciated. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Clue: - (pwhysall) - (123)
             He needs to be told this?At his age?After all these years... - (CRConrad) - (122)
                 You shoulda been here... - (folkert)
                 do you have - (boxley) - (120)
                     Sure, healthcare for poor people is "excessive regulation". -NT - (CRConrad)
                     Hey, I hear that literally millions of gallons - (jake123)
                     Oh, and BTW, stop squirming like a fucking weasel on speed. - (CRConrad) - (117)
                         A thesis floats to the surface.. - (Ashton)
                         Oh, and BTW, stop squirming like a fucking weasel on speed - (boxley) - (115)
                             "Any" does a lot of heavy lifting there... -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 same shit he was pulling -NT - (boxley)
                             We were discussing what had gone before: your "Their quote!" - (CRConrad) - (112)
                                 here is something even you might understand - (boxley) - (111)
                                     One Communist responds. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         yup, my solution as well - (boxley)
                                     Some people want out of Social Security, also too. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         Dons Devil's Advocate Hat: It worked great for my dad. - (mmoffitt)
                                         I know government employee's wanted out of SS - (boxley)
                                     Squirm squirm squirm, ever more the weasel. -NT - (CRConrad) - (100)
                                         gotcher suppah, swingin -NT - (boxley) - (99)
                                             Huh? Sorry, you'll have to use more than the subject line. - (CRConrad) - (98)
                                                 apparently you are not a jack nicholson fan - (boxley) - (97)
                                                     WTF does that have to do with anything? Squirm squirm... - (CRConrad) - (96)
                                                         Oh joy, the german genes have hardened his neurons - (boxley) - (95)
                                                             Oh, beehive. - (Another Scott)
                                                             Squirm squirm... I'll take that as an admission of defeat. - (CRConrad) - (93)
                                                                 You beehive, too. - (Another Scott) - (92)
                                                                     Yeah, sure... As soon as he does. -NT - (CRConrad) - (91)
                                                                         how far can you rightshift? - (boxley) - (90)
                                                                             As far as you can squirm, plus one more to nail you. - (CRConrad) - (89)
                                                                                 Glenn Shadix - (folkert)
                                                                                 gee, you build a straw army and cry when I dont want to play - (boxley) - (87)
                                                                                     It'll benefit me... - (folkert) - (5)
                                                                                         so on 10/1 you will be on the exchange? - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                             Nope didn't say that. - (folkert) - (3)
                                                                                                 you do remember it was the WH that pulled the government - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                                     Yes I do... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                                         democrats falter at bluster? hoodah thunkit? -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                     MY "squirming"?!? Did you ask me something first, or I you? - (CRConrad) - (80)
                                                                                         soon as you tell me whether you quit beating you wife yes/no - (boxley) - (79)
                                                                                             Manhattan Institute? Really? - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                                                                 what does the CBO say about job creation, loss or retension? -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                                                                                                     Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                                                                         Now if we could print that on lots of foreheads.. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                                                         ok - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                                                             There are costs and benefits. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                                                                 There are costs and benefits. - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                                                     There's lots of news on the other side, too. - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                                     In the "news" you hear? Get off Fox, wouldja... -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                                                                                         the link was abc, don't watch fox -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                             No, it was something called "WSB-TV Atlanta". ("2"?) HTH! - (CRConrad)
                                                                                             "plenty of good answers"?Then how come all we see is squirm? -NT - (CRConrad) - (67)
                                                                                                 dont let facts get in the way of your prejuidice -NT - (boxley) - (66)
                                                                                                     The only fact here is that you're still squirming. -NT - (CRConrad) - (65)
                                                                                                         project much? -NT - (boxley) - (64)
                                                                                                             He doesn't have to, you channel. -NT - (folkert)
                                                                                                             Facts: Four simple questions. Five days now. That... - (CRConrad) - (62)
                                                                                                                 Re: Facts: Four simple questions. yes they are simple - (boxley) - (61)
                                                                                                                     Difference is, they are relevant in this context, and not... - (CRConrad) - (60)
                                                                                                                         I was quoting the envoy who claimed it was so - (boxley) - (59)
                                                                                                                             Re: I was quoting the envoy who claimed it was so - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                                                                                                                 am I allowed to quote Rangel? He is a dem - (boxley)
                                                                                                                                 Picking that apart - (drook) - (13)
                                                                                                                                     not for profit hospitals are republicans? good to know -NT - (boxley) - (12)
                                                                                                                                         I only mentioned Republicans when addressing Medicaid - (drook) - (11)
                                                                                                                                             not for profit means you dont have to pay taxes, -NT - (boxley) - (10)
                                                                                                                                                 Which has what to do with Republicans or Medicaid? -NT - (drook) - (9)
                                                                                                                                                     Republicans, of course. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                                                                                                                         BENGHAZI! ACORN! IRS! SOLYNDRA! etal... -NT - (folkert) - (7)
                                                                                                                                                             SOLYNDRA got 1 billion for a small donation to Barry not bad -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                                                                                                                 You know that was Bush's program, right? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                                     Right in the first line - (drook) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                                         not the loan, the tax credits - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                                             Oh... to offset the... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                                 crony capitalism works both sides of the aisle -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                                                                                                     the loan mods came after he left office -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                                                             Yes, in support of your claim that it *is* actually so. - (CRConrad) - (42)
                                                                                                                                 Re: Yes, in support of your claim that it *is* actually so. - (boxley) - (41)
                                                                                                                                     The sub-thread I started from your "Their quote!" post is... - (CRConrad) - (40)
                                                                                                                                         looks like some one is not going to take troll bait - (boxley) - (39)
                                                                                                                                             Oh lovely: More squirming, *and* it's in gibberish. -NT - (CRConrad) - (38)
                                                                                                                                                 Oh, the english speaker wh has never gone fishing? neat -NT - (boxley) - (37)
                                                                                                                                                     What's it now, six days? -NT - (CRConrad) - (36)
                                                                                                                                                         don't hold your breath -NT - (boxley) - (35)
                                                                                                                                                             Right you are, Greg; thanks, fixed. - (CRConrad) - (34)
                                                                                                                                                                 Thanks for fixing it. -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                     Stubborn is as stubborn does (rocks are ... like that, too) -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Right you are, Greg; thanks, fixed. - (boxley) - (31)
                                                                                                                                                                     Ah.. the Everything-depends<-on->everything-Else.. ploy. -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                                         that depends -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                             rofl. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                                                                                     Is the concept "yes or no" really that difficult? -NT - (CRConrad) - (25)
                                                                                                                                                                         : Is the concept "not using a logical fallacy" hard for you? -NT - (boxley) - (24)
                                                                                                                                                                             Reading is apparently too hard for you: NOT a fallacy. - (CRConrad) - (23)
                                                                                                                                                                                 deductive fallacy is the formal name for your questions -NT - (boxley) - (22)
                                                                                                                                                                                     Explain as if I were ten: How, exactly, are they so? - (CRConrad) - (21)
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: Explain as if I were ten: How, exactly, are they so? - (boxley) - (20)
                                                                                                                                                                                             That's not the argument we were arguing about, now is it? - (CRConrad) - (19)
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Right, timeout - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                                                     no, we are still right shifting and there is no argument -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: That's not the argument we were arguing about, now is it - (boxley) - (16)
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dude ... - (drook) - (15)
                                                                                                                                                                                                         You are doing his work for him! -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                                                             Naah, relax, Greg -- DrooK's doing *my* job for *me*. -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                                                                                                                                                                         why should I support his logical fallacies? -NT - (boxley) - (12)
                                                                                                                                                                                                             Which ones? I don't see any, as I just explained. - (drook) - (10)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 A learning experience is one of those things that says, - (Ashton)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Which ones? I don't see any, as I just explained. - (boxley) - (8)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Fine - (drook) - (7)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: Fine - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Finally - (drook) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 not finally at all - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     No, I don't know that - (drook) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Beyond the Call of Duty: +11 - (Ashton)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         late but will try to answer - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Could you try that in the day-time, and in English, please? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                                                                                                                                                                             You sound just as brilliant as a stuck record -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                                                                                                                                     "I know you are but what am I?" - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                         Ha! -NT - (folkert)
                                     Whoa - (crazy) - (4)
                                         A chunk of my taxes go to the same things - (boxley) - (3)
                                             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             And at this point I can probably make the same comment - (crazy) - (1)
                                                 anyone making minimum wage can claim that to me today. - (boxley)

Cue the Twilight Zone Music, will ya?
463 ms