IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We were discussing what had gone before: your "Their quote!"
I asked you my questions first; you answer my questions first.

Oh, and what you're doing is more squirming. It doesn't make you look better; only even less like a man and more like a weasel.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New here is something even you might understand
Obamacare is so beloved by all except for those who dont want to be covered by it and want waivers which were granted for the most part by the Obama administration, not the teabaggers
Others who want the law rewritten

For Profit Corporations (easy one there)
Non Profits who have to lay off and cut hours because of this act
Government employees of the people who wrote the damn law want out
Unions are completely pissed and don't want to pay AFLCIO for example
Even the fucking communists dont want the law

Now every group in America except poor people and maybe the communists are trying to get out of paying for this and somehow you are still in love with it. Get a clue
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New One Communist responds.
It's not that I object to being forced to pay for health insurance. It's that I object to paying 20 cents on the dollar for health insurance that I am not going to get and that will be redirected to the fucking shareholders. What I'm asking for is the ability to buy into Medicare early, with my pre-tax income. Shit, the billing infrastructure is already in place for $DEITY's sake: the medicare payroll tax. Increase it appropriately and let me drop the private health insurance pre-tax payment I also make. I haven't crunched the numbers but I doubt very fucking seriously that if this was done, my take home pay wouldn't increase!

And for my misguided Capitalist friends - think of the fucking boon to businesses. They'd be completely off the hook for buying private health insurance for their employees.

Only in America could this simple solution evade our legislators.
New yup, my solution as well
and to assuage the tea baggers make that increase with pretax money
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Some people want out of Social Security, also too.
Doesn't mean that is good policy.

Loud noises from the usual suspects doesn't mean that "every" one or every group is in that fringe, either.

People can believe lots of things, especially when they're told lies by people who don't like a policy for reasons that have nothing to do with the effectiveness of the actual policy itself.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Dons Devil's Advocate Hat: It worked great for my dad.
TALB (Teacher's Association of Long Beach) members didn't pay into the Social Security Trust Fund, instead they paid into a defined benefit pension fund. My late father took a reduced amount so that should he precede my mother in death (which he did) she'd continue receiving partial pension payments. The amount she is receiving is $2,800.00/month after taxes. He was getting around $3,200.00/month while he was alive.
New I know government employee's wanted out of SS
glad I am not holding my breath for pers
New Squirm squirm squirm, ever more the weasel.
New gotcher suppah, swingin
New Huh? Sorry, you'll have to use more than the subject line.
Because that bit of gibberish was far too fucking terse; I haven't the first fucking clue as to what you're gibbering about. (Not that I'm too sure you do, either.) Soooo... Feeling real manly as you're squirming on there, Weasel Boy?
--
Christian R. Conrad

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New apparently you are not a jack nicholson fan
or it didnt translate correctly into suovi when they released the movie over there. It's an American Naval term
New WTF does that have to do with anything? Squirm squirm...
Dunno what "suovi" is, but in case you forgot:

1) You posted your mangled irrelevant "quote" in English, and I read it in English.

2) I've spoken English about twice as long as SuoMi, i.e, ~forty years vs ~20, and still speak, read, and understand it better.

3) It just didn't register as a quote because a) what's the relevance?, and b) coming from you, it was probably too mangled to be recognizable.

4) Here's a slightly less irrelevant Jack Nicholson quote for you: "The truth? You CAN'T HANDLE the truth!"

Not to the extent of admitting it, at least, now can you?

Squirm on, weasel boy. You're looking ever more like roadkill. (Was that the "swinging supper" you had Nicholson talking about? Then it seems you are supper.)
--
Christian R. Conrad

New Oh joy, the german genes have hardened his neurons
In a movie called "the last detail" Jack plays a swabbie who is detailed (where the name came from) to take some poor scmuck to jail for an extended sentence for a minor crime. One of the phrases he uses in a distinct new england accent is "I got your suppah swinging" Lets disect the frog here for the round boy. "I got yer suppah" refering to the fact that your evening meal is being supplied by the speaker of the phrase. "Swingin" means that the evening meal is swinging freely on the speaker. In the case of a male, the only thing usually swinging is a penis, non turgid or it would be "I got yer suppah, stabbin" Perhaps you have heard of the more common phrase, "blow me"
New Oh, beehive.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396752/

Cheers,
Scott.
New Squirm squirm... I'll take that as an admission of defeat.
If "blow me" is all you can come up with, you've obviously given up on an actual argument.

Now, since you can't apparently admit your by-now obvious-to-all defeat, then can't you at least just stop squirming and shut the fuck up, so I won't have to point out for each bit of squirming you do that that is what it is?

Because if you imagine that any of these squirms of yours will be the last word in this discussion, you've got another think coming, Weasel Boy.
--
Christian R. Conrad

New You beehive, too.
No sense in pulverizing the dead horse. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yeah, sure... As soon as he does.
New how far can you rightshift?
http://images.wikia....8312-1360-768.jpg
New As far as you can squirm, plus one more to nail you.
Who the fuck was that tubby guy, and what does he have to do with you answering these questions:

* Do you, or do you not, know that fat-cat capitalists like to cut down on wages to increase their own profits?

* Have you, or have you not, often opined to that effect here?

* Are American entrepreneurs and CxO-level executives, or are they not, just as prone to lie as you or I, or for that matter as President Obama?

* So is "Their Own Quote!", or is it not, fucking useless as an argument when it comes to establishing the _truth_ of that quote?

Yes or no answers only. OK, except for Tubby's name... Naah, come to think of it, since that has fuck-all to do with anything -- squirm squirm squirm -- I don't give a fuck. Just yes or no on the above, please. And stuff Tubby and Nicholson and whatnot up your arse where you pulled them from.
--
Christian R. Conrad

New Glenn Shadix
Or Otho in Beetlejuice
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
Expand Edited by folkert Sept. 21, 2013, 07:20:39 PM EDT
New gee, you build a straw army and cry when I dont want to play
Otho or roundboy is his name
quit your own squirming, when did you quit beatying your wife, yes or no

Name one person that the affordable care act will benefit, and dont snivel poor people can get health care, because a guy/girl single partnered kids no kids cant afford any extra costs out of their minimum wage checks. Don't bother with saying the government will subsidize it either because that money isn't there on 10/1 when the exchanges go live.

There is a lot of benefits alright, healtch care companies make money, IT contractors make money and the id theft artists, scam artists, medical fraud grifters are slaverying to get thru the pipeline to the backend health data of all Americans. For you to sneer that government regulations are free of cost to the regulated is typical euro vaporing, nothing more.
New It'll benefit me...
Once the republican's quit fighting it.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New so on 10/1 you will be on the exchange?
From what you have said before, you need a break. Hope you get one.
New Nope didn't say that.
And I meant, that once Republicans stop fighting it and it finally gets the plans it needs and the Single Payer part finally gets put in...

Then it'll benefit me.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New you do remember it was the WH that pulled the government
option don't you? The reason they pulled it was not because of just republicans. it was members of the democratic party that balked on it.
New Yes I do...
Because it was the ONLY way to get PPACA through with the Republican blustering and it was because of the Blustering the Democrats were faltering.

DO YOU REMEMBER THAT!?
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
Expand Edited by folkert Sept. 22, 2013, 01:44:05 PM EDT
New democrats falter at bluster? hoodah thunkit?
New MY "squirming"?!? Did you ask me something first, or I you?
Six-hundred-umpty-twelve posts later, you're STILL gibbering about any old bullshit you can pull out of your arse. (Pull your head outta there, then you won't find such a fucking lot of irrelevant stuff.)

You know what a MAN -- as opposed to a weasel -- would have done? He would have said, "Damn, I don't have any good answers to those. In light of this, it seems I was wrong." That what separates men from weasels: One kind has the balls to admit it when they're wrong; the other just squirms endlessly.

I used to think you're a man.
--
Christian R. Conrad

New soon as you tell me whether you quit beating you wife yes/no
I have plenty of good answers but you are from a mindset that creating jobs is a govenment function only and that government regulation never costs people their jobs. Lots of studies that say otherwise. You wont read them because it doesnt fit your preselected notions. Here is one
http://www.manhattan...ny_02092011PH.pdf
PPACA will Increase the Deficit, Not Reduce It
PPACA will Increase Insurance Costs and Reduce Employment
Regulatory Uncertainty under PPACA will Hinder Job Creation
if your idea of a man is one who will kiss your ass everytime you inform him he needs to, guess I am proud not to be that man
New Manhattan Institute? Really?
http://centerjd.org/...nhattan-institute

The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research is an extremely conservative, corporate-funded, New York-based policy group.

They've got an agenda to shape and push.

The nonpartisan CBO says the ACA will reduce the deficit. http://www.cbo.gov/publication/44176

In March 2010, CBO and JCT projected that the provisions of the ACA related to health insurance coverage would cost the federal government $759 billion during fiscal years 2014 through 2019 (which was the last year in the 10-year budget window being used at that time). The newest projections indicate that those provisions will cost $710 billion over that same period. As shown in the figure below, the intervening projections of the cost of the ACA’s coverage provisions for those years have all been close to those figures on a year-by-year basis; of course, the 10-year totals have changed as the time frame for the estimates has shifted.

Those amounts do not reflect the total budgetary impact of the ACA. That legislation includes many other provisions that, on net, will reduce budget deficits. Taking the coverage provisions and other provisions together, CBO and JCT have estimated that the ACA will reduce deficits over the next 10 years and in the subsequent decade.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New what does the CBO say about job creation, loss or retension?
New Dunno.
I don't think they were asked that question.

I like OzarkHillbilly's take on the terms - http://www.balloon-j.../#comment-4625903

30. OzarkHillbilly says:

September 21, 2013 at 9:41 am

@Patrick:

Look at how well the far right has managed to change the ugly word “rich” to the nicer word “job-creator”.

The battle is won and lost with language. That is why everytime you hear or read words like “job-creator” you have to attack the fallacy of such things. There are NO job creators. People DO NOT create jobs and if they do, then they DESTROY jobs as well. They do not get credit for the good if they will not take credit for the bad. The rich are only “wealth aggregators”.

Good economies create jobs. Bad economies destroy them. And wealth aggregators prosper either way.

Werd.

Companies hire when they have to, not out of the goodness of their hearts. Greater, affordable, insurance access benefits people and society as a whole. The benefit to companies and wealth aggregators is also there, but secondary.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Now if we could print that on lots of foreheads..
New ok
Companies hire when they have to, not out of the goodness of their hearts. Greater, affordable, insurance access benefits people and society as a whole. The benefit to companies and wealth aggregators is also there, but secondary
so regulattions wer5e contrived so that those folks doing the hiring see the most beneficial thing is to hire more partime folks, reduce hours for others and watch that they dont go over 50 employees. That does NOT benefit joe working class and does harm to folks. You and others claim that those regulations do not do that. You are wrong.
New There are costs and benefits.
Like everything in life.

The 50 employee cutoff relates to potential penalties. And it's equivalent employees - you can't get around it by having 49 FT and as many part-time as you want. Having 99 part time people to try to stay under 50 full time equivalent people is unlikely to be terribly efficient.

The people who wrote the law weren't stupid. They knew some employers were going to try to game it. That's why they consider lots of things...

http://www.fosterswi...on-Threshold.html

PPACA THRESHOLD FOR COVERAGE

Under the PPACA, employers with at least 50 full-time equivalent employees will be labeled as "large" employers. They will face penalties, beginning in 2014, if one or more of their full-time employees obtains insurance through a health care Exchange and qualifies either for a premium credit or a cost share reduction.

[IOW, it's a way to claw-back the cost of the subsidy that the company is trying to foist onto the public.]

A "large employer" is defined as one with more than 50 full-time equivalent employees during the preceding calendar year.

Both full-time and part-time employees are included in the calculation;

"Full-time" employees are defined as those working 30 or more hours per week;

"Full-time" excludes seasonal employees who work less than 120 days during the year;

Part-time employees’ hours as a group are included in the calculation also. Hours worked by part-time employees (those working less than 30 hours per week) are included by, on a monthly basis, dividing their total number of monthly hours worked by 120.

for example, a firm with 35 full-time employees (30+ hours), also has 20 part-time employees who all work 24 hours per week (so each employee who works 24 hours per week, works a total of 96 hours per month).

These part-time employees’ hours would be counted as the equivalent of having 16 full-time employees, as follows:

20 employees x 96 hours per month per employee /120
= 1920/120
= the equivalent of 16 "full-time" (30+ hours a week) employees.

HOW PENALTIES APPLY AND ARE CALCULATED

Regardless of whether a large employer offers coverage, it will only be potentially liable for a penalty beginning in 2014 if at least one of its full-time employees obtains coverage through a health care Exchange and qualifies for either a premium credit or a cost share reduction. To qualify for premium credits in an Exchange, the employee must meet certain eligibility requirements, including that the employee’s required contribution for self-only health coverage (through the employer) exceeds 9.5% of the employee’s household income, or if the plan offered by the employer pays for less than 60% of covered expenses.

In sum, part-time employees and their hours worked count toward the 50 full-time employee threshold, but if they obtain health insurance through an Exchange, that won’t trigger a penalty against their employer. If an employer does not offer insurance, but a full-time employee obtains insurance through a health care Exchange, the penalty calculation against the employer is $2,000 per year multiplied by the number of full-time employees, excluding the first 30.

If an employer offers insurance, but full-time employees enter the Exchange, the penalty is the lesser of (1) $3,000 annually for each employee entering the Exchange, or (2) the penalty calculated for employers not offering insurance at all ($2,000 per year x the number of full-time employees, excluding the first 30).

If the company has insurance that is appealing enough that no FT workers go into the exchange or no FT employees qualify for a subsidy, then there is no penalty.

http://www.nfib.com/...date-calculations

Employer Mandate Penalties Depend on Four Questions.

(1) Is this employer “large” or “small”? (2) If the employer is large, does it offer qualified health insurance to virtually all full-time employees (FTs)? (3) How many, if any, FTs receive subsidies in the health insurance exchanges? (4) If the employer is large and has at least one subsidized FT, how much does it owe in annual penalties? The different calculations use different sets of data from varying subsets of employees.

In this context, a large employer is one where FTs and full-time equivalents (FTEs) sum to 50 or more. Again in this context, an FT is one who works 130 hours per month or more – roughly 30 hours per week. Each 120 hours per month of part-time and seasonal labor comprises one FTE.

The health insurance offered by employers must be “qualified,” meaning that it meets requirements laid down by federal and state authorities. Among other things, qualified coverage must cover at least 60% of employees’ healthcare costs on average. For small employers, policies must cover “essential health benefits,” as defined by federal and/or state authorities.

For an FT to qualify for subsidies in the individual insurance exchanges, several things must be true: (1) The employee’s household income must fall within a certain range. (2) The employer does not offer coverage that is judged qualified and affordable for this employee. (3) The employee must actively reject the employer’s coverage and request subsidies from the exchange. Note: To avoid penalties, the employer must offer coverage to FT employees’ dependents, but there is no requirement that their coverage be affordable.

If an employer doesn’t offer FTs insurance (or offers non-qualified/inadequate coverage), and if at least one FT receives federal insurance subsidies in the exchange, the business will pay $2,000 per FT (minus the first 30). Example: a business with 50 FTs, two of whom are subsidized, would pay $40,000 = $2,000 x (50 – 30).

If an employer offers insurance and at least one FT receives insurance subsidies, it pays the lesser of $3,000 per subsidized FT OR $2,000 per FT (minus the first 30). So an offering employer with two subsidized FTs would be fined $6,000. For a 50-employee employer with 14 or more subsidized FTs (above the tipping point for an employer of this size), the penalty would be $40,000.

The point, it seems to me, is to make sure that companies with more than 50 FTE make insurance available to all their FTs. The government doesn't want FTs dropping out of company plans and turning to subsidies in the exchanges.

So if a company has 51 FTEs and it only offers insurance benefits to some of the FT employees, then they will have to pay a penalty if even one of those FT people gets insurance in the exchange and gets a subsidy. If, on the other hand, they don't offer insurance at all, they'll still have to pay a penalty if a FT employee enters the exchange and gets a subsidy.

Tyrrany!!!11

There are obviously ways for companies to get around the penalties. One good one is to pay their employee enough so that they don't quality for the subsidy. Another is to make their insurance benefit good enough that none of the FT people are tempted by the exchange (even if they qualified for a subsidy).

It looks like a single person working at a company that does not offer coverage could make at most $33,030 in 2014 before losing any subsidy:

http://kff.org/inter...0&child-tobacco=0

For a household with 4 people including 2 kids under 21, the income threashold is just below $46,000. (There are huge subsidies for the family below that cutoff.)

tldr; it's not the PPACA requiring insurance coverage for large employers that leads to the potential for a penalty. It's having a FT going into the exchange and qualifying for a subsidy that can lead to a penalty.

FWIW. HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New There are costs and benefits.
in the news there is a lot more talk about cost than benefit and the cost is being squarly dropped on the working class.
http://www.wsbtv.com...ause-obama/nZw5N/
New There's lots of news on the other side, too.
http://finance.yahoo...nk-210354500.html

A two-parent family with two kids and a $50,000 income could get a $10,000 plan for $3,365, with subsidies covering 66% of the cost. There’s one catch: You only qualify for such deals if you’re not able to get coverage through your employer. So if you’re a part-timer whose company canceled your watered-down insurance coverage, it may have actually done you a favor.

Trader Joe’s is one employer known for offering generous health care benefits, even for part-timers (until now). But even those workers could end up better off under Obamacare. In an internal email published by the Washington Post, a Trader Joe’s exec provided some calculations for a part-time employee who earns about $24,000 per year and has been paying about $167 per month as her share of a Trader Joe’s policy similar to a “silver” plan under the ACA. If she enrolls in Obamacare, the subsidized cost would fall to about $70 per month for nearly identical coverage. And that’s before a $500 annual stipend Trader Joe’s plan to offer part-timers to help them pay for insurance.

http://www.cbsnews.c...t-to-keep-hiring/

(MoneyWatch) Although chief financial officers routinely express concern about the impact of the Affordable Care Act on their companies, they also expect hiring conditions to improve over the next 12 months, a new survey shows.

Despite concerns over the expected impact of Obamacare when it take effect next year, the executives said they expect to increase the number of full-time employees hired by their companies by 1.8 percent, according to a new Duke University/CFO Magazine poll of CFOs at 530 U.S. companies.

[...]

More than 9 out of 10 businesses subject to the law already offer health coverage, while companies with fewer than 50 employees are exempt (About 60 percent of these smaller firms offer health insurance, and under the ACA they also may qualify for a tax credit for offering coverage.) Of the 28 million small businesses in the U.S., 96 percent won't be subject to the rules, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration.

[...]

"Even with numerous risks and uncertainties affecting the global economy, U.S. firms have been able to protect the bottom line, operating at near-record profit levels," said Graham. "By year-end 2014, U.S. firms expect return on assets to jump above 10 percent for the first time since 2007."

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New In the "news" you hear? Get off Fox, wouldja...
New the link was abc, don't watch fox
New No, it was something called "WSB-TV Atlanta". ("2"?) HTH!
You think I'm about to go researching WTF that is? For you, who don't even know what you link to yourself? Bah, who cares. Bullshit it is.

(But, knowing your refined taste in news outlets, it's probably the Georgia edition of World News Daily TV.)
--
Christian R. Conrad

New "plenty of good answers"?Then how come all we see is squirm?
New dont let facts get in the way of your prejuidice
New The only fact here is that you're still squirming.
New project much?
New He doesn't have to, you channel.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New Facts: Four simple questions. Five days now. That...
...adds up to: Squirm, squirm, squirm.
--
Christian R. Conrad

New Re: Facts: Four simple questions. yes they are simple
as simple as "have you stopped beating your wife yet", predetermined to get the answer you desire, as I have mentioned before, I have your next meal swingin
New Difference is, they are relevant in this context, and not...
...logical fallacies like the parallel you're trying to make.

If they're "predetermined to get the answer [I] desire", then that's only because "the answer [I] desire" is the truth: You WERE WRONG to proudly proclaim "Their Quote" as in any way supportive of the *actual truthfulness* of the thesis of that quote -- your thesis. Or are you now trying to claim that that WAS actually a logically valid argument?

And the more you keep answering any old thing that comes to your mind but doesn't actually have much to do with that truth -- no, YOU suck MY dick, fuckwit! Now, how relevant(*) was that?!? -- in stead of just manning up and ADMIT that it was wrong to try to use that as an argument, the more evident it becomes this argument sucked. What THE FUCK are we supposed to call that, if not "squirming"?

---
(*): More fair, though: It is, after all, you who are in the wrong, not I, as evidenced by the fact that it is you who are doing all the squirming, not I. So start slurping, beeatch.
--
Christian R. Conrad

New I was quoting the envoy who claimed it was so
you spend the next 20 years saying that one cannot quote a source for a position on a subject controlled by the quoted source.
that is too stupid to respond to. Whip it out and I will show you the other side
New Re: I was quoting the envoy who claimed it was so
http://health.usnews...-hospital-layoffs

Ron Stiver, senior vice president of engagement and public affairs for Indiana University Health, which plans to cut 800 employees, says the assertion that health care reform is the reason behind hospital cuts is "overly simplified." IU Health is making cuts partially because of the health law, he says, but also because the state has not expanded Medicaid, the hospital system has fewer inpatient volumes, and payment rates for its services have been declining.

Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn., plans to cut 1,000 positions, citing an aging population, lower reimbursement rates, a reduction in National Institutes of Health grant funding and a lack of Medicaid expansion in Tennessee.

In 2012 the Supreme Court ruled that state legislatures could opt out of increasing the number of people who are eligible for Medicaid, and North Carolina is one of 22 states that has done so, a decision that resulted in Vidant Pungo Hospital in Belhaven, N.C., closing down, according to hospital officials.

Democratic Congressman Charles Rangel from New York, the main sponsor of the health reform bill, says organizations have several other tools they could use to reduce costs, and that many businesses are blaming health reform for actions for which they don't want to take responsibility. "U.S. health costs have been the highest in the world, yet our quality measures were middling at best," he says. "While there is no doubt that [health reform] has helped slow health care cost growth, which is beneficial to both national and household budgets, there is nothing in the law that tells hospitals to reduce staff. The fact is that patients are paying less, not more, as a result of the [health law]."

The Office of the Actuary for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services predicted that decreases like these would occur, stating in a 2010 memo that by 2019 it expected hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and home health agencies would undergo a 15 percent reduction.

I blame Obummer.

:-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New am I allowed to quote Rangel? He is a dem
and how about The Office of the Actuary for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services?
"U.S. health costs have been the highest in the world, yet our quality measures were middling at best," he says. "While there is no doubt that [health reform] has helped slow health care cost growth, which is beneficial to both national and household budgets, there is nothing in the law that tells hospitals to reduce staff. The fact is that patients are paying less, not more, as a result of the [health law]."

The Office of the Actuary for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services predicted that decreases like these would occur, stating in a 2010 memo that by 2019 it expected hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and home health agencies would undergo a 15 percent reduction.
the law sez they will get 15% less money, So they use layoffs to recoup some of those losses. Somehow what these people are saying isn't true. Unpossible!
New Picking that apart
"... payment rates have been declining ..."

The "book" value for an ER visit - which no one except the uninsured is expected to actually pay - is increased by 25%. Insurance companies continue paying what they always have. The uninsured declare bankruptcy more often. Hospitals report "payment rates have been declining".

"... fewer inpatient volumes ..."

More procedures are being done outpatient because insurance companies won't pay for overnight stays on procedures that used to require them, because the book price of overnight stays has gone up so much.

"... state has not expanded Medicaid ..."

Republicans want Obama to fail, so they want healthcare reform to fail, so they take the least attractive option available under the law.

Yup, all Obamacare's fault.
--

Drew
New not for profit hospitals are republicans? good to know
New I only mentioned Republicans when addressing Medicaid
The state chose not to expand it. Not sure how not for profit hospitals made that decision for them.

And by the way, you do know "not for profit" is a sad joke when it comes to hospitals, right?
--

Drew
New not for profit means you dont have to pay taxes,
New Which has what to do with Republicans or Medicaid?
--

Drew
New Republicans, of course. ;0)
New BENGHAZI! ACORN! IRS! SOLYNDRA! etal...
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New SOLYNDRA got 1 billion for a small donation to Barry not bad
New You know that was Bush's program, right?
http://www.nydailyne...article-1.1154467

I even picked a source you may like, nice fellow that I am. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Right in the first line
... $535 million federal loan ...

That's not a billion. So even if you're going to try to hang ... something ... on Obama, your outrage is off by more than 85%.
--

Drew
New not the loan, the tax credits
http://washingtonexa...y/article/2536031
New Oh... to offset the...
More than $1B investors put in.

I get it. Replublicans always get their money.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New crony capitalism works both sides of the aisle
New the loan mods came after he left office
New Yes, in support of your claim that it *is* actually so.
Like this: "No, BOx, cigarettes aren't good for you." -- "Oh yes they are! Look: Philip Morris says cigarettes are good for your health!"

Your source being in the "health-care" BUSINESS does not, as you STILL seem to be imagining (How the...?!?), mean that they're a valid authority on the subject; on the contrary, it means anything they say is liable to be said in order to further their business interests, and therefore LESS likely to be true, not more.

Further: Was the discussion about universal health care, or was it about what the Cleveland Clinic thinks of universal health care? Yes, of course you can use what the Cleveland Clinic says as a valid source for what the Cleveland Clinic says... Which, as far as I can figure it out, seems to be what your "quote a source for a position on a subject controlled by the quoted source" gibberish means. But who gives a fuck?!? That was never the issue! The issue was, and still is, that you used -- you TRIED to use, until I called you on it -- the fact THAT the Cleveland Clinic said something as "proof" that WHAT you and the Cleveland Clinic said is true. It just isn't. THAT is the logical fallacy here.

And it's now been five days that you've refused to admit this simple incontrovertible fact. In stead, you're back to your original fallacy, claiming that what you quote is the actual quote of what they actually said, and I'm an idiot for arguing against that. Uh... No, BOx, I'm not an idiot. I know very well that you can quote the Cleveland Clinic as a valid source to the Cleveland Clinic's position on this (and any) subject; this is trivially true, and I never said otherwise. But we weren't discussing whether the Cleveland Clinic's position on the subject of universal health care that you reported is actually the Cleveland Clinic's genuine position on the subject of universal health care. That's a fucking given, ever since you first reported it. What we were discussing was in stead "But they're wrong, because..." vs "No, they're right, because..."; i.e, whether that reported position is a VALID position. In that discussion, "But they actually said it!" proves BUPKES.

Five days, culminating in that "one cannot quote a source for a position on a subject controlled by the quoted source" blather, umpteen reprises of "Have you stopped beating your wife yet? Hey, have you, eh?", and about as many of some convoluted fashion of saying "blow me" by way of some obscure Jack Nicholson quote. What the FUCK is that all, if not the very bloody text-book definition of squirming?

Squirm, squirm, squirm, squirm, squirm, squirm... You gonna start a new round, and come back here -- to the starting point -- again in another week's time? Go ahead, Weasel Boy. I'll be waiting for you.

Or man up and admit that "Their actual quote!" IS NOT proof of what that quote actually *says*. (My ten-year-old would have admitted that by day two, at the latest.)
--
Christian R. Conrad

New Re: Yes, in support of your claim that it *is* actually so.
What we were discussing was in stead "But they're wrong, because..." vs "No, they're right, because..."; i.e, whether that reported position is a VALID position
no, you are the wiggling squirmer who will accept zero possibility that the affordable care act is a law that has some expensive side effects that diliberately cause financial pain to those least able to afford it.
New The sub-thread I started from your "Their quote!" post is...
...about whether "Their quote!" is a valid argument. What you're trying to wriggle it into here is a subject for some other branch of this discussion -- my poor little brain is too single-track to be able to go on before you've answered the four little questions (about the argument's validity, remember?) I asked you going on six days ago.

Also, since it was I who questioned you, logically I CANNOT be the one who is squirming here. You, OTOH... Well, what do you think the post I'm replying to here looks like?
--
Christian R. Conrad

New looks like some one is not going to take troll bait
while your post looks like a nightcrawler evading a crappie
New Oh lovely: More squirming, *and* it's in gibberish.
New Oh, the english speaker wh has never gone fishing? neat
New What's it now, six days?
New don't hold your breath
New Right you are, Greg; thanks, fixed.
So, after EIGHT days now, you still haven't answered these four little questions, Bill:

* Do you, or do you not, know that fat-cat capitalists like to cut down on wages to increase their own profits?

* Are American entrepreneurs and CxO-level executives, or are they not, just as prone to lie as you or I, or for that matter as President Obama?

* So is "Their Own Quote!", or is it not, fucking useless as an argument when it comes to establishing the _truth_ of that quote?

I mean, come on: It's one thing to be slow-witted, but this is on another scale entirely... Answers on a postcard, please. (And no, we won't be blaming the evil gubmint-run US Mail for how late they are, now will we...?)

EIGHT days. Why won't you answer? What's _wrong_ with these questions?!? And no, they're NOT unanswerable logical fallacies like "Have you quit beating your wife yet?". They're each and every one of them open to perfectly valid "Yes" answers, and equally open to perfectly valid "No" answers (only not if one at the same time wants to make other and logically opposed claims). In fact, I think I know what's wrong: If you answer them honestly, in the affirmative on all four as we all know to be the case, they logically demonstrate that your argument was bad, wrong, invalid.

SO WHAT!? Are you REALLY not man enough to say "Yup, got me there, I was wrong.", even when it's so obvious to everyone anyway that you were? Why not? Do you think your obstinacy makes you look bigger, or more in the right? One would think you'd realise it only makes you look worse the longer it goes on; that the best thing would be to get it over with and ADMIT YOU _W_E_R_E_ _W_R_O_N_G_.

Or do you have yet another reason to defend your silly "Their quote!" argument? Stay tuned, folks, for another exciting week of BOxlish squirm-dancing! To be continued...(?)
Expand Edited by CRConrad Sept. 27, 2013, 09:14:57 AM EDT
New Thanks for fixing it.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
Expand Edited by folkert Sept. 28, 2013, 03:25:08 PM EDT
New Stubborn is as stubborn does (rocks are ... like that, too)
New Re: Right you are, Greg; thanks, fixed.
* Do you, iclude AFLCIO SEIU and other Unions who dislike the law as well?

* I have expressed an opinion on many things both pro and con on corporate governance in the market place.

* Preident Obama does in fact lie as much to the American people as CxO level executives, why should I answer a question that is immaterial to the discussion?

* If Obama and his minions lie as much as corporate exec's then quoting the government's opinion of the law is just as fucking useless as quoting chief execs on the effect of the law. So anythig you opine from the side of the impositioner in Chief is a fucking lie and useless in advancing your argument.
Anything else I can help you understand today?

New Ah.. the Everything-depends<-on->everything-Else.. ploy.
New that depends
Expand Edited by boxley Sept. 28, 2013, 07:09:46 PM EDT
New rofl.
New Is the concept "yes or no" really that difficult?
New : Is the concept "not using a logical fallacy" hard for you?
New Reading is apparently too hard for you: NOT a fallacy.
As I explained several days ago.
--
Christian R. Conrad

New deductive fallacy is the formal name for your questions
New Explain as if I were ten: How, exactly, are they so?
When you try to explain it in simple terms you'll probably see that they aren't.
--
Christian R. Conrad

New Re: Explain as if I were ten: How, exactly, are they so?
you started with
It's not like they'd love to have somebody else to shift the blame onto when they cut down on staff, now is it? Oh, sorry, I forgot -- they're not Obama, and of course everyone but him always tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! Holy *shee-ittt*, man, are you REALLY so stupid that you believe "their quote" is in any way a valid argument?!?

lets see, assertion followed by invalidation of any argument but your own, classic definition
New That's not the argument we were arguing about, now is it?
That's the short version, and since you didn't seem to understand that, I expanded it into the more-easily-followed four questions you've been avoiding -- in this thread that is directly descended from them -- for eight days now. Explain slowly how THEY are "a logical fallacy" and akin to "have you quit beating your wife yet", and then maybe we'll be able to get back to this more compact version.

You don't get to skip any steps; you're too much of a squirmer for that, you'd only try to take advantage. (Now surely you can't deny that THAT is a reasonable caution, given how long this has taken and we've STILL not got any answers from you?)
--
Christian R. Conrad

New Right, timeout
This is doing my head in.

Can you two please restate your positions, preferably in a new thread, because I'm fucking lost, here.
New no, we are still right shifting and there is no argument
New Re: That's not the argument we were arguing about, now is it
assertion followed by logical fsllacy
not to you logical fallacy
answered several posts up

assertion followed by logical fallacy from the assertion
New Dude ...
The first you have the slightest bit of a point. Yes, as phrased it assumes that "fat-cat capitalists like to cut down on wages to increase their own profits". Instead of criticizing the form of the question you could say whether you believe that assumption is true or false.

The second, okay, someone would have to dig through your posts for an example. Won't change the outcome though.

The third, your answer seems to be, "If politicians and business leaders are equally guilty of lying, you can't call business leaders on it." Which doesn't address the specific question of whether you believe business leaders do, in fact, lie as much as politicians.

The fourth, that's not an assertion it's a question. Yes, it clearly is based on the belief that the answer is obvious, but if you think it's not you could say "no". Then of course you can explain why their quote is useful in establishing the truth of their position.
--

Drew
New You are doing his work for him!
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New Naah, relax, Greg -- DrooK's doing *my* job for *me*.
New why should I support his logical fallacies?
New Which ones? I don't see any, as I just explained.
Repeating yourself doesn't clarify anything.
--

Drew
New A learning experience is one of those things that says,
"You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."
-- Douglas Adams
New Re: Which ones? I don't see any, as I just explained.
The first you have the slightest bit of a point. Yes, as phrased it assumes that "fat-cat capitalists like to cut down on wages to increase their own profits". Instead of criticizing the form of the question you could say whether you believe that assumption is true or false.
Why should I answer a construct based on an assuption followed by a forced conclusion? You claim you cant see that. No issues

The second, okay, someone would have to dig through your posts for an example. Won't change the outcome though. Out of scope

The third, your answer seems to be, "If politicians and business leaders are equally guilty of lying, you can't call business leaders on it." Which doesn't address the specific question of whether you believe business leaders do, in fact, lie as much as politicians.
Why, in the above statement you don't
accept that there is an assertion but insist I either support or explain why I don't support the assertion.
The fourth, that's not an assertion it's a question. Yes, it clearly is based on the belief that the answer is obvious, but if you think it's not you could say "no". Then of course you can explain why their quote is useful in establishing the truth of their position.
bolded part is a classic forced conclution such as "when did you stop beating your wife"
New Fine
You want to focus on the form of the questions. Maybe if I restate them we can address the content:

1. Would you say business leaders never/rarely/sometimes/frequently/always reduce salaries if they believe it will boost profits?

2. Would you say business leaders in general are more or less truthful than politicians? If "about the same", are the two groups in general more often honest or more often dishonest?

3. Would you say official statements of a company's position made by their executives and/or official spokespeople are more likely to be an accurate reflection of their behind-closed-doors position, calculated to portray the company in the most positive light, or something else?

I'm trying really hard to put these as neutrally as I can. If you think I'm still assuming the conclusion, please show how you would ask those questions without assuming the answer.
--

Drew
New Re: Fine
1. Would you say business leaders never/rarely/sometimes/frequently/always reduce salaries if they believe it will boost profits?
only if it will keep production and quality of the product at the same or better than before staff cuts. Assuming that they understand the business process.

2. Would you say business leaders in general are more or less truthful than politicians? If "about the same", are the two groups in general more often honest or more often dishonest?
about the same when it comes to defending their own interests.

3. Would you say official statements of a company's position made by their executives and/or official spokespeople are more likely to be an accurate reflection of their behind-closed-doors position, calculated to portray the company in the most positive light, or something else?
Any public statement of a publically traded company has to accurately portray what can be proved to public oversight such as the SEC FCC etc. They are also beholden to their stockholders who are inclined to sue if false statements are made by senior management. In the case of a privately held label they need to take care of their brand so also must be careful when they are making public statements. The same measures of veracity do not apply to government officials to whom their supporters will believe any thing they say, they opponants will always believe that they are being facile in their statements.

New Finally
Twelve days of pulling teeth and you finally deign to address the content of the questions. And guess what? It's not just about you opposing the other side because they're on the other side, you actually have a position that I can disagree with. (Two of them, actually.)

only if it will keep production and quality of the product at the same or better than before staff cuts. Assuming that they understand the business process.
First, I've seen plenty of examples where CEOs don't seem to understand the business process of the companies they're running. But beyond that, I suspect most of them don't give a shit about the quality of the product, so long as it keeps selling. And both driving your competition out of business and a good ad campaign can be cheaper than improving your quality.

Any public statement of a publically traded company has to accurately portray what can be proved to public oversight such as the SEC FCC etc.
More like what can't be disproved. And when it comes to the SEC, the difference between those two is HUGE.
They are also beholden to their stockholders who are inclined to sue if false statements are made by senior management. [snip] The same measures of veracity do not apply to government officials to whom their supporters will believe any thing they say, they opponants will always believe that they are being facile in their statements.
So it's not that business leaders are more or less honest than politicians, it's that voters are more gullible than stockholders? The only way to make any sense of that is if you believe that having enough money to be a stockholder proves you are smarter than people who don't invest in stocks.

So, your two positions seem to be:

1. Corporate executives and spokespeople must be telling the truth about why they do what they do because the SEC tells them to.

2. Stockholders are smarter than voters.
--

Drew
New not finally at all
you did not demand yes or no answers
and I note you immediately used my answers to construct 2 positions you know damn well are not mine and assign them to me
New No, I don't know that
That's what you said. If that's not what you meant, say something else.

[edit]

Longer:
A sense of the sacred makes effective action easier, by simplifying all decision-making. When there is a healthy sense of the sacred around work being done, ideas tend to be evaluated based first on whether they come from people in the tribe (those who share your sense of the sacred and can therefore be trusted completely) and next by whether or not they understand and respect operating distinctions between the sacred and profane. People who pass the “one of us” and sacred/profane tests get a free pass to argue informally with a lowered level of rigor, while those who don’t face unreasonable burdens of proof before being heard. To use Daniel Kahnemann’s terms, insiders can get away with System 1 thinking (loose, fast and associative/narrative), while outsiders are required to prove their points with System 2 thinking (tight, slow and deliberative).

http://www.ribbonfar...th-in-consulting/

This just came up in my feed reader today, and seems relevant to this thread. It's clear that we're arguing from different premises, and I've been trying to figure out what you hold sacred. At first glance it seems like your premise is that business leaders are more trustworthy than politicians, or at least no worse.

When challenged on that you (eventually) say that it's not that they're inherently more honest, they are simply acting rationally within an environment where they have more constraints on what they can say.

That's the "sacred" idea that I disagree with. I don't think that the SEC is an effective counterweight to the extraordinary financial gain available via gaming the system. And I don't think that stockholders are generally better-informed or more willing (or able) to vote out a CEO than voters are to vote out a politician. Further, I believe business leaders also don't think the SEC is a viable thread.

But you could show me that I'm wrong. There are 535 members of Congress and 500 Fortune 500 CEOs. In the last 25 years, how many CEOs have been voted out of power by stockholders? How many congressmen lost reelection bids? How many CEOs sanctioned or imprisoned for SEC violations? How many congressmen expelled or imprisoned for impropriety?
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Oct. 2, 2013, 11:24:07 AM EDT
New Beyond the Call of Duty: +11
Nice metaphor.. better than Nice, actually..
This thread has been Boehner/profane -VS- every attempt to *find out W.T.F. Box [thinks? he..] Stands for/against. (Hell, on damn-near Every topic: that.)

As in:
* In all those years ... ... I never/Ever got a reply from Beep, to the simple (but not simplistic) Question:
Er, just what Is It that (you) 'Want to Conserve' ??

Will take Sacred over gaming-the-System-of-Language.. every time:-/
Punctiliousness in small details of Boolean: belongs in *nix script-writing, not in clear expository writing-composition.
New late but will try to answer
This just came up in my feed reader today, and seems relevant to this thread. It's clear that we're arguing from different premises, and I've been trying to figure out what you hold sacred. At first glance it seems like your premise is that business leaders are more trustworthy than politicians, or at least no worse.

When challenged on that you (eventually) say that it's not that they're inherently more honest, they are simply acting rationally within an environment where they have more constraints on what they can say.

That's the "sacred" idea that I disagree with. I don't think that the SEC is an effective counterweight to the extraordinary financial gain available via gaming the system. And I don't think that stockholders are generally better-informed or more willing (or able) to vote out a CEO than voters are to vote out a politician. Further, I believe business leaders also don't think the SEC is a viable thread.

But you could show me that I'm wrong. There are 535 members of Congress and 500 Fortune 500 CEOs. In the last 25 years, how many CEOs have been voted out of power by stockholders? How many congressmen lost reelection bids? How many CEOs sanctioned or imprisoned for SEC violations? How many congressmen expelled or imprisoned for impropriety?
fully agree that the SEC is an effective counterweight. Many stckholders are also corporations, unions, government entities, and other groups of people banded together to increase their investments.
Voters are individual humans. As opined by many here, the tea party are sub humans, to others the Obama phone, Obama pays my mortgage and car payment crew, and those who think that a democratic Ohio poll worker who voted for 6 other people didn't commit voter fraud are individuals.
Balmer screaming that apple sucks doesn't rattle apple shareholders. Shareholders who quietly state that bill gates needs to be replaced rattles microsoft shareholders. We are talking two different dynamics here. Shareholders are not individuals, voters are.It's not who is more sacred, I have been eating sacred cows for years, its not a tribal thing, its a "ware all who claim to be YOUR advocate, and check your wallet and count your fingers when shaking hands"
Now you may firmly believe that the affordable care act is business neutral and any moves by business to use that ruse to cut worker pay and benefits to better the bottom line is fine, you are entitled to that opinion.
Your opinion is not a fact.
The historical record in the last century has lots of examples where declaring two classes of workers one of whom is protected by all kinds of law and one who is not being disasterous for the working class. The democratic party insisted that the law go forth as is, in that fashion. Now a few years later you declare "republicansdidit" not really, it was passed by a democratically controlled house and a democratically controlled senate.
Expand Edited by boxley Oct. 3, 2013, 01:19:42 AM EDT
New Could you try that in the day-time, and in English, please?
New You sound just as brilliant as a stuck record
New "I know you are but what am I?"
Guess we've found your level of argument: 8-year-old.
--

Drew
New Ha!
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New Whoa
Now every group in America except poor people and maybe the communists are trying to get out of paying for this and somehow you are still in love with it. Get a clue

Err. "every"? Communist? Me?

I have a ridiculously high paying job in the center wall street. Finally. I also have a tax and interest and fine burden that will consume more than 65% of my pay for the next 10 years, making my "real" take home enough to live, but not live WELL. I'll go out to dinner and a show once every other month now as a target, but other than that, no extravagance. My wife packs my lunch, and I don't have "spending" money.

I will have health insurance for the 1st time in 5 years in about 2 weeks, and I will pay out of pocket a LOT for it. It'll be worth it. The company kicks in about $3,000 per year, my side is around $900 a month, and it doesn't kick in until I pay at least $1,000 deductible, and then it's 80/20, and I better be able to pay the 20.

A chunk of my taxes will now go to supporting some type of universal health care for those that do not have it. People who have been priced out of the "market". People with previous conditions that simply couldn't get it. People like I was. It'll be worth it.
New A chunk of my taxes go to the same things
Standing in line watching a young lady with kids use an ebt card to pay for a lot of healthy food. The guy in front of we kvetches about his high taxes and moochers. I asked him how much he made a week. (not a lot) I told him I pay more in taxes every week than he made and it doesnt bother me any. Kids gotta eat. He shuddup
New :-)
New And at this point I can probably make the same comment
to you.
New anyone making minimum wage can claim that to me today.
Dont owe any taxes until I make a profit, that starts this month hopefully
     3k more jobs lost due to the affordable care act - (boxley) - (132)
         Re: 3k more jobs lost due to the affordable care act - (Another Scott) - (5)
             their quote, ignore it if you want -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                 Heh. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Re: Heh. - (boxley) - (1)
                         Um, we've been under the Sequester for quite a while... -NT - (Another Scott)
                 And they are of course guaranteed to tell the truth. - (CRConrad)
         Take the Cleveland Clinic with a grain of salt (f the AHA) - (hnick) - (1)
             Thanks for the skinny. Appreciated. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Clue: - (pwhysall) - (123)
             He needs to be told this?At his age?After all these years... - (CRConrad) - (122)
                 You shoulda been here... - (folkert)
                 do you have - (boxley) - (120)
                     Sure, healthcare for poor people is "excessive regulation". -NT - (CRConrad)
                     Hey, I hear that literally millions of gallons - (jake123)
                     Oh, and BTW, stop squirming like a fucking weasel on speed. - (CRConrad) - (117)
                         A thesis floats to the surface.. - (Ashton)
                         Oh, and BTW, stop squirming like a fucking weasel on speed - (boxley) - (115)
                             "Any" does a lot of heavy lifting there... -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 same shit he was pulling -NT - (boxley)
                             We were discussing what had gone before: your "Their quote!" - (CRConrad) - (112)
                                 here is something even you might understand - (boxley) - (111)
                                     One Communist responds. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         yup, my solution as well - (boxley)
                                     Some people want out of Social Security, also too. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         Dons Devil's Advocate Hat: It worked great for my dad. - (mmoffitt)
                                         I know government employee's wanted out of SS - (boxley)
                                     Squirm squirm squirm, ever more the weasel. -NT - (CRConrad) - (100)
                                         gotcher suppah, swingin -NT - (boxley) - (99)
                                             Huh? Sorry, you'll have to use more than the subject line. - (CRConrad) - (98)
                                                 apparently you are not a jack nicholson fan - (boxley) - (97)
                                                     WTF does that have to do with anything? Squirm squirm... - (CRConrad) - (96)
                                                         Oh joy, the german genes have hardened his neurons - (boxley) - (95)
                                                             Oh, beehive. - (Another Scott)
                                                             Squirm squirm... I'll take that as an admission of defeat. - (CRConrad) - (93)
                                                                 You beehive, too. - (Another Scott) - (92)
                                                                     Yeah, sure... As soon as he does. -NT - (CRConrad) - (91)
                                                                         how far can you rightshift? - (boxley) - (90)
                                                                             As far as you can squirm, plus one more to nail you. - (CRConrad) - (89)
                                                                                 Glenn Shadix - (folkert)
                                                                                 gee, you build a straw army and cry when I dont want to play - (boxley) - (87)
                                                                                     It'll benefit me... - (folkert) - (5)
                                                                                         so on 10/1 you will be on the exchange? - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                             Nope didn't say that. - (folkert) - (3)
                                                                                                 you do remember it was the WH that pulled the government - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                                     Yes I do... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                                         democrats falter at bluster? hoodah thunkit? -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                     MY "squirming"?!? Did you ask me something first, or I you? - (CRConrad) - (80)
                                                                                         soon as you tell me whether you quit beating you wife yes/no - (boxley) - (79)
                                                                                             Manhattan Institute? Really? - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                                                                 what does the CBO say about job creation, loss or retension? -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                                                                                                     Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                                                                         Now if we could print that on lots of foreheads.. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                                                         ok - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                                                             There are costs and benefits. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                                                                 There are costs and benefits. - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                                                     There's lots of news on the other side, too. - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                                     In the "news" you hear? Get off Fox, wouldja... -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                                                                                         the link was abc, don't watch fox -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                             No, it was something called "WSB-TV Atlanta". ("2"?) HTH! - (CRConrad)
                                                                                             "plenty of good answers"?Then how come all we see is squirm? -NT - (CRConrad) - (67)
                                                                                                 dont let facts get in the way of your prejuidice -NT - (boxley) - (66)
                                                                                                     The only fact here is that you're still squirming. -NT - (CRConrad) - (65)
                                                                                                         project much? -NT - (boxley) - (64)
                                                                                                             He doesn't have to, you channel. -NT - (folkert)
                                                                                                             Facts: Four simple questions. Five days now. That... - (CRConrad) - (62)
                                                                                                                 Re: Facts: Four simple questions. yes they are simple - (boxley) - (61)
                                                                                                                     Difference is, they are relevant in this context, and not... - (CRConrad) - (60)
                                                                                                                         I was quoting the envoy who claimed it was so - (boxley) - (59)
                                                                                                                             Re: I was quoting the envoy who claimed it was so - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                                                                                                                 am I allowed to quote Rangel? He is a dem - (boxley)
                                                                                                                                 Picking that apart - (drook) - (13)
                                                                                                                                     not for profit hospitals are republicans? good to know -NT - (boxley) - (12)
                                                                                                                                         I only mentioned Republicans when addressing Medicaid - (drook) - (11)
                                                                                                                                             not for profit means you dont have to pay taxes, -NT - (boxley) - (10)
                                                                                                                                                 Which has what to do with Republicans or Medicaid? -NT - (drook) - (9)
                                                                                                                                                     Republicans, of course. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                                                                                                                         BENGHAZI! ACORN! IRS! SOLYNDRA! etal... -NT - (folkert) - (7)
                                                                                                                                                             SOLYNDRA got 1 billion for a small donation to Barry not bad -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                                                                                                                 You know that was Bush's program, right? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                                     Right in the first line - (drook) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                                         not the loan, the tax credits - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                                             Oh... to offset the... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                                 crony capitalism works both sides of the aisle -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                                                                                                     the loan mods came after he left office -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                                                             Yes, in support of your claim that it *is* actually so. - (CRConrad) - (42)
                                                                                                                                 Re: Yes, in support of your claim that it *is* actually so. - (boxley) - (41)
                                                                                                                                     The sub-thread I started from your "Their quote!" post is... - (CRConrad) - (40)
                                                                                                                                         looks like some one is not going to take troll bait - (boxley) - (39)
                                                                                                                                             Oh lovely: More squirming, *and* it's in gibberish. -NT - (CRConrad) - (38)
                                                                                                                                                 Oh, the english speaker wh has never gone fishing? neat -NT - (boxley) - (37)
                                                                                                                                                     What's it now, six days? -NT - (CRConrad) - (36)
                                                                                                                                                         don't hold your breath -NT - (boxley) - (35)
                                                                                                                                                             Right you are, Greg; thanks, fixed. - (CRConrad) - (34)
                                                                                                                                                                 Thanks for fixing it. -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                     Stubborn is as stubborn does (rocks are ... like that, too) -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Right you are, Greg; thanks, fixed. - (boxley) - (31)
                                                                                                                                                                     Ah.. the Everything-depends<-on->everything-Else.. ploy. -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                                         that depends -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                             rofl. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                                                                                     Is the concept "yes or no" really that difficult? -NT - (CRConrad) - (25)
                                                                                                                                                                         : Is the concept "not using a logical fallacy" hard for you? -NT - (boxley) - (24)
                                                                                                                                                                             Reading is apparently too hard for you: NOT a fallacy. - (CRConrad) - (23)
                                                                                                                                                                                 deductive fallacy is the formal name for your questions -NT - (boxley) - (22)
                                                                                                                                                                                     Explain as if I were ten: How, exactly, are they so? - (CRConrad) - (21)
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: Explain as if I were ten: How, exactly, are they so? - (boxley) - (20)
                                                                                                                                                                                             That's not the argument we were arguing about, now is it? - (CRConrad) - (19)
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Right, timeout - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                                                     no, we are still right shifting and there is no argument -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: That's not the argument we were arguing about, now is it - (boxley) - (16)
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dude ... - (drook) - (15)
                                                                                                                                                                                                         You are doing his work for him! -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                                                             Naah, relax, Greg -- DrooK's doing *my* job for *me*. -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                                                                                                                                                                         why should I support his logical fallacies? -NT - (boxley) - (12)
                                                                                                                                                                                                             Which ones? I don't see any, as I just explained. - (drook) - (10)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 A learning experience is one of those things that says, - (Ashton)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Which ones? I don't see any, as I just explained. - (boxley) - (8)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Fine - (drook) - (7)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: Fine - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Finally - (drook) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 not finally at all - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     No, I don't know that - (drook) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Beyond the Call of Duty: +11 - (Ashton)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         late but will try to answer - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Could you try that in the day-time, and in English, please? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                                                                                                                                                                             You sound just as brilliant as a stuck record -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                                                                                                                                     "I know you are but what am I?" - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                         Ha! -NT - (folkert)
                                     Whoa - (crazy) - (4)
                                         A chunk of my taxes go to the same things - (boxley) - (3)
                                             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             And at this point I can probably make the same comment - (crazy) - (1)
                                                 anyone making minimum wage can claim that to me today. - (boxley)

Naive is one word for it.
547 ms