1) Why did we think it was fucking-boffo! that there was an Arguments Section @ 5£-a-pop was it? ..nearby the Ministry for Silly-Walks?
(Never saw a map. Seems that only Ankh-Morpork is visually diagrammed for our elucidation.)

2) Recently I linked a (putatively-scientifically-derived) thesis + supporting factoids: to the effect that One's political POV
interferes with One's ability to do simple math: IF the obvious result (needing numbers) conflicts with One's political-mindset.
(My summary here, natch--not a proffered article-summary.)

Could these disparate topics possibly converge --> any psyche- or psycho-analysis of certain phenomena observed in these parts?

(This association prompted by current/Right-now audition on NPR) re. author's book: outlining USSC 'deliberations' on The Constitutionality of The Death Penalty
..at various times with variously-tilted members. It delves into arcane bloviations attempting to square internal cognitive-dissonance(s)
..via maimed-logic that sounded a whole fucking-Lot lot like … ones demonstrated within this thread (and its countless antecedents.)

You be da judge; I just watch da general dissolution elsewhere. ('Out There'--engagement is suicide to continued possession of a soupçon of equanimity.)

Carrion.