IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New All right, someone needs to start then.
As I indicated above, Obama hasn't started anything. This kind of misdirection is a design pattern with him. Make a nice, politically savvy, cheap gesture and then use it to cover several egregiously rotten "compromises", back room deals, or flagrant abuses of power. It seems to work because too many people, "serious" pundits and apologists or cheerleaders, seize on this sort of thing to sing his praises and claim "he's so much better than the other guy!". As you may have noticed, this has been a source of some irritation to me. Obama is going to do a huge amount of damage to the country and for the rest of my lifetime, it will be blamed on democrats in general and liberals in specific. In spite of the fact that he is more of a right wing republican than the John Birch society could have dreamed of. Being a liberal, I disapprove of this.
Suffice it that when people start singing his praises for a cheap publicity gag, I may feel inclined to point out the odd fly in the ointment. Apologies if it seems I'm shooting the messenger; I'm just ridiculing the message.
New Stop.
I said "Gotta start somewhere" it started with the Military Peeps. Big O reciprocated... what is so hard about making a first step?

I mean a journey starts with a first step, does it not? You want the whole effing journey *ON THE FIRST STEP*

The Republicans (and most Democrats as well) will never even begin to make that first step.

I'm *not* singing Praises either... just stating Obvious Facts... if that is Singing his praises... well then, where is the choir you should be yelling at?
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Expand Edited by folkert April 4, 2013, 12:01:26 PM EDT
New Done
New And Tuesdays. Don't forget Tuesdays.
     Nice gesture, but Congress won't do the same - (lincoln) - (37)
         I'm really impressed - (hnick) - (12)
             Gotta start somewhere... - (folkert) - (11)
                 Are McConnell and Boehner doing it? - (lincoln) - (10)
                     Wow! Somebody else is worse!! - (hnick) - (9)
                         And you're whining that he didn't do enough to satisfy you - (lincoln) - (3)
                             And your point - (hnick) - (2)
                                 When did you become "anti-boxley"? -NT - (folkert)
                                 Re: And your point - (lincoln)
                         *I* did not say that. - (folkert) - (4)
                             All right, someone needs to start then. - (hnick) - (3)
                                 Stop. - (folkert) - (1)
                                     Done -NT - (hnick)
                                 And Tuesdays. Don't forget Tuesdays. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Wonkette FTW. - (Another Scott)
         why dont he give up one vacation trip and keep WH tours? -NT - (boxley) - (14)
             Why won't Congress pass a sensible budget? -NT - (Another Scott) - (12)
                 why won't the whitehouse lead? -NT - (boxley) - (11)
                     read the Constitution - (lincoln)
                     Ask and ye shall receive - (lincoln) - (9)
                         are those real spending cuts or sears spending cuts -NT - (boxley) - (8)
                             He got at Social Security like he's always wanted. - (hnick) - (7)
                                 Boehner's not going to pass anything. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                     Great. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                         You're funny. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             All well said.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                 I'm expecting him to disappoint many with Keystone XL - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     Via Woodward - Nabors Draft "Grand Bargain" from 2011. - (Another Scott)
                                                     hansen is free? - (boxley)
             take the money from the Pentagon budget - (lincoln)
         More. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             lets make the cuts permanent :-) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 Agree - let's make permanent cuts to Pentagon's budget -NT - (lincoln) - (1)
                     Agree -NT - (boxley)
             Point/Counterpoint - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Speaking of which ... - (drook) - (2)
                     Gotta change the conversation. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Zowie!! - (Ashton)

Right-eous-ness cha cha cha.
84 ms