And your point is that a meaningless gesture gets him off the hook for everything?

Not in the least bit, and that's not my point of my post at all. He's making the symbolic gesture of "I feel your pain" a la Clinton.

He's interested in fucking over the non-rich classes.

Not nearly as much as the Republicans want to fuck over the poor and middle class. And they're getting away with it at the state level and whenever they can in Congress. Drug testing for welfare recipients? Check. Report card checking for those getting government payments (passing grades for Junior means Mommy gets cash; otherwise, she gets bupkiss.)? Check. Cutting state Medicaid for low income senior citizens? Check. Shutting down abortion providers? Check. De-funding Planned Parenthood? Check. Etc.

He's still trying for a Grand Bargain to gut social services.

And he's getting reamed for it on every liberal political web site that I've read in the past month.

He's still sucking up to the bankers.

Agree - and he sucks for doing that.

He's still got the least transparent administration in history.

Disagree - but again, he's getting reamed for it on every liberal political web site that I've read in the past few years. Just as the Dubya administration got reamed for its lack of transparency on every liberal political web site I read since 2003.