IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And your point
is that a meaningless gesture gets him off the hook for everything? Sort of like dropping a coin in the church box to make up for your sins or something? I would tend to disagree. It's a trivial, politically calculated misdirection to show he's still interested in the people he's helping to savage.
He's interested all right. He's interested in fucking over the non-rich classes. He's still trying for a Grand Bargain to gut social services. He's still sucking up to the bankers. He's still got the least transparent administration in history. The list goes on. You could say I'm unsatisfied. The republicans didn't do anything? Why should they? They're SUPPOSED to be the bad guys in this Kabuki. Them doing their assigned part doesn't excuse Obama. Even if he does throw down some pocket change.
New When did you become "anti-boxley"?
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New Re: And your point

And your point is that a meaningless gesture gets him off the hook for everything?

Not in the least bit, and that's not my point of my post at all. He's making the symbolic gesture of "I feel your pain" a la Clinton.

He's interested in fucking over the non-rich classes.

Not nearly as much as the Republicans want to fuck over the poor and middle class. And they're getting away with it at the state level and whenever they can in Congress. Drug testing for welfare recipients? Check. Report card checking for those getting government payments (passing grades for Junior means Mommy gets cash; otherwise, she gets bupkiss.)? Check. Cutting state Medicaid for low income senior citizens? Check. Shutting down abortion providers? Check. De-funding Planned Parenthood? Check. Etc.

He's still trying for a Grand Bargain to gut social services.

And he's getting reamed for it on every liberal political web site that I've read in the past month.

He's still sucking up to the bankers.

Agree - and he sucks for doing that.

He's still got the least transparent administration in history.

Disagree - but again, he's getting reamed for it on every liberal political web site that I've read in the past few years. Just as the Dubya administration got reamed for its lack of transparency on every liberal political web site I read since 2003.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain “Pudd’nhead Wilson’s New Calendar,” 1897
     Nice gesture, but Congress won't do the same - (lincoln) - (37)
         I'm really impressed - (hnick) - (12)
             Gotta start somewhere... - (folkert) - (11)
                 Are McConnell and Boehner doing it? - (lincoln) - (10)
                     Wow! Somebody else is worse!! - (hnick) - (9)
                         And you're whining that he didn't do enough to satisfy you - (lincoln) - (3)
                             And your point - (hnick) - (2)
                                 When did you become "anti-boxley"? -NT - (folkert)
                                 Re: And your point - (lincoln)
                         *I* did not say that. - (folkert) - (4)
                             All right, someone needs to start then. - (hnick) - (3)
                                 Stop. - (folkert) - (1)
                                     Done -NT - (hnick)
                                 And Tuesdays. Don't forget Tuesdays. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Wonkette FTW. - (Another Scott)
         why dont he give up one vacation trip and keep WH tours? -NT - (boxley) - (14)
             Why won't Congress pass a sensible budget? -NT - (Another Scott) - (12)
                 why won't the whitehouse lead? -NT - (boxley) - (11)
                     read the Constitution - (lincoln)
                     Ask and ye shall receive - (lincoln) - (9)
                         are those real spending cuts or sears spending cuts -NT - (boxley) - (8)
                             He got at Social Security like he's always wanted. - (hnick) - (7)
                                 Boehner's not going to pass anything. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                     Great. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                         You're funny. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             All well said.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                 I'm expecting him to disappoint many with Keystone XL - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     Via Woodward - Nabors Draft "Grand Bargain" from 2011. - (Another Scott)
                                                     hansen is free? - (boxley)
             take the money from the Pentagon budget - (lincoln)
         More. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             lets make the cuts permanent :-) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 Agree - let's make permanent cuts to Pentagon's budget -NT - (lincoln) - (1)
                     Agree -NT - (boxley)
             Point/Counterpoint - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Speaking of which ... - (drook) - (2)
                     Gotta change the conversation. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Zowie!! - (Ashton)

This is Helena.
94 ms