for all the posturing and Jingoism rampant everywhere - I'd look for that simpler one. It might just be the variation ~ when you possess enough force to not need to* reign in unrestrained greed for It All, you get Billy n'Bally as your local model of Success and: Machiavelli incarnate.

* because no one Else can force you to.

I do realize that, none of the stuff in these forums is likely to have any effect at all on the 3% who, via Corporate overall organization: determine our fate, next.

But occasionally, words have indeed those famous consequences. If we live in a milieu where daily slogans substitute for anything like earnest solitary thinking.. then Slogans can work as much for sanity as for conserving the status quo, their usual function.

Maybe somewhere out in the soup, are some Slogans coalescing.. as counters to the current US direction of Ashcroftian Fundamentalist doggerel + massive nuclear firepower = the forming of the US Empire Worldwide (via Space, it seems).

I hope that is the case, but the momentum is growing for 'conserving' 20th century rationalization: the century of the most hideous wars yet.

Good luck to us all,

Ashton
I've lived ~ long enough, but most here: haven't. You'll have to work to keep the chance, as always.