I too have been er 'near' the jargon used by the actual movers & shakers, a time or two. Nor am I one of those polemicists who love to call military intelligence an oxymoron. Cute quip that, but I've met enough folk in that field to think differently. (CDI in DC is just one example which refutes the doggerel).

BUT... always and everywhere we have to notice and contemplate the - oh Hell, call it a 'Fact' - that:

The military is supposed to think about Possibilities; the moral or practical suasion is specifically assigned to the Civilian umm 'leadership'. Any military person whose religious faith is placed elsewhere: is covered in Seven Days in May.

That said, by def'n the military is amoral - as the above and other 'considered scenarios' - demonstrate well enough to call proof. Were a Civilian.. One say, equipped with an elliptical-shaped Office somewhere: to skip the Thinkability Check and go 100% with John Dewey (our Patron Saint, right after The $)

??? Well, we can see where techno-possibility 2002+ leads. IF.. you have no innate checks and balances worth a bucket of warm spit. SO it ever devolves to:

WhoTF *IS THAT?* [and how Many of Them] in our National Elliptical-shaped Office, REALLY...?

{sigh}

Ashton
Wanna bet yer life + all others': on Who Do He/They Be?
(er.. I think we Are.. betting. Scary lottery.)